Kiel might be White Mantle?

in Lore

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

There are signs and hints that the White Mantle has been in the shadows for hundreds of years, and that some have even infiltrated the politics of Tyria. I’ve been worried for years, and now it all makes sense. Some White Mantle have been hiding in plain sight, trying to build respect and trust of the people in order to stake a come back. The main agent in power, I believe, is none other than Ellen Kiel.

Think about it. She committed violent acts in the past (blowing up a ship in Southsun). She somehow manages to win an election over the most respected charr in all the land. Lion’s Arch was destroyed because the Captain’s Council she was elected to just coincidentally left the air defenses empty. And what ever happened to all the stolen gold that she supposedly “returned” to the people? I fear that the next thing will happen is that she’ll ban all sylvari from LA because of what happened with Mordremoth.

We need to wake up. Evon Gnashblade is our only hope. Join the cause and demand that Ellen Kiel be remove from the Captain’s Council before it’s too late. We need a new election!

#TeamGnashblade

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Lore

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

#TeamGnashblade all the way.

in Lore

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Yup, I’m with #TeamGnashblade, supporting the Charr of the People. <3

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in Lore

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Kiel would have turned Gnashblade into a rug. But yellow wasn’t her favorite color.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Lore

Smooth Penguin.5294

But yellow wasn’t her favorite color.

But it appears that she likes the color white on her mantle.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Better White Mantle, than Cowardly Furball

in Lore

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Gnashblade. Begging strangers to give him his job back and promising he won’t lie, bribe, murder, intimidate, steal, run off or slam a portal shut in the face of panicked civilians no more.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Lore

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Down with Evon Gnashblade who opresses us with his 15% sales tax. It is time to expropriate Evon and give everything to Kiel.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Lore

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Maybe, just maybe, Wild-Eye Miller is right about the Gnasblades.

“You can’t stop two Gnashblades!”

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in Lore

Randulf.7614

Wild Eye Miller is right about a lot of things

You’ll see…

in Lore

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Down with Evon Gnashblade who opresses us with his 15% sales tax. It is time to expropriate Evon and give everything to Kiel.

Kiel would raise it to 20% and funnel the extra 5% to her White Mantle allies. Just sayin’.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Lore

Randulf.7614

We could then see LA Constructs, where all the lobsters and marine buildings etc come alive to defend the city, since that seems to be the new White Mantle thing.

I can dig that

in Lore

Smooth Penguin.5294

Now now. Evon’s 15% TP tax helps to keep the economy stable. Without it, there’d be massive currency problems Tyria-wide. And without him, you wouldn’t have anyone to facilitate the conversion of Gold to Gems.

Mind you, if Kiel were to impose a similar tax, a portion would probably go towards building a new Mursaat temple for her overlords.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

So we should trust someone who offers enemy weapons before we encounter them?

I don’t know. His tradings don’t seem much better then the consortium.

in Lore

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Three sentences in, and I can already tell who’s writing the post. I don’t even need to look to the left – Evon’s chief apologist

Never change, Penguin

in Lore

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

If Kiel had been White Mantle, it wouldn’t be the threat it is right now. Such incompetence would have ended the zealots’ pretensions long ago.

in Lore

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Now now. Evon’s 15% TP tax helps to keep the economy stable. Without it, there’d be massive currency problems Tyria-wide. And without him, you wouldn’t have anyone to facilitate the conversion of Gold to Gems.

Mind you, if Kiel were to impose a similar tax, a portion would probably go towards building a new Mursaat temple for her overlords.

So if we side by kiel we get more content & lore? Sounds good to me, down with the charr

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Three sentences in, and I can already tell who’s writing the post. I don’t even need to look to the left – Evon’s chief apologist

Never change, Penguin

It took you until three sentences in? I knew as soon as I saw the title.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Smooth Penguin.5294

So if we side by kiel we get more content & lore? Sounds good to me, down with the charr

You’re not supposed to make a deal with the devil to get what you want. Kiel is bad news, I’m telling you!

in Lore

Randulf.7614

Strange, because I’m sure I’ve sold my soul to the BLC many times…

Come to think of it, Gnashblade even has horns…

hmm…devil you say…

in Lore

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

You’re not supposed to make a deal with the devil to get what you want. Kiel is bad news, I’m telling you!

Tell that to evon cashblade’s new box policy

in Lore

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

If Gnashblade is a good person and Kiel White Mantle, then I’m a tengu emperor of Cantha.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Lore

Posted by: blackheartgary.8605

blackheartgary.8605

Okay, let’s think outside the “Kiel is white mantle” box for a moment, and since we are doing conspiracy theories, lemme wax on one for a moment.
Evon Gnashblade has closed a vault in his office…. a vault that has an abundance of ley energy inside. so much so that a trained ear can hear the energy crackling. Why is he storing this? Where did he get it from? don’t tell me Lion’s arch is teeming with it as LA is a ley line hub. I know that already. but we would also be seeing his workers taking ley energy, placing it in some sort of container and moving it into the vault. he may not be doing this, and he isn’t getting anyone to do it for him…. or is he?
The Consortium has been doing this for a bit over in the eastern lands of the Charr and there’s talk that it might spread into other regions where the congruences keep appearing. Why would the consortium need this energy? certainly not research… they are all about the profit, or how soon we forget Southsun Cove? Now hear me out on this one, as it might actually make sense. Kiel is not White Mantle at all, but rather a member of the Shining Blade, always keeping a close eye on Gnashblade, who is clearly gaining ley energy from someone who has the ability to gather, store, and profit from the sale of ley energy to the highest bidder. and While I won’t state that Gnashblade is White Mantle, which seems a bit silly because, after all, he is Charr, Perhaps He is playing the Middleman for the Mantle and the Consortium in order to keep the Mantle from coming anywhere near Lion’s arch, a place where he is keeping shop and making gold hand over paw. and What is Ellen doing about all this? nothing. she’s waiting for the right moment to blow the whistle.

in Lore

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Sorry Penguin, but with the most recent sale I am seriously thinking that Evon could be a white mantle supporter

in Lore

Posted by: Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615

Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615

Am I the only one who’s paid attention ever and realized that most of the human nobility are either idiots or into shady things. I think you can count the ones who shouldn’t be executed on one hand.
Like, the Noble Encampment in Verdant Brink sums things up pretty well.

Also, daily reminder that Gnashblade did nothing wrong. And if he had been elected, he would have built a wall and made Mordremoth pay for it.

Bring. Back. Monthlies.

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Am I the only one who’s paid attention ever and realized that most of the human nobility are either idiots or into shady things. I think you can count the ones who shouldn’t be executed on one hand.
Like, the Noble Encampment in Verdant Brink sums things up pretty well.

Also, daily reminder that Gnashblade did nothing wrong. And if he had been elected, he would have built a wall and made Mordremoth pay for it.

And it will keep out all the Sylvari. Who are taking our crafting professions! And they’d not coming over with their best people. They’re bringing in their Mordrem and their pact killers! I’m sure some of them are wonderful people though.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

Are we discussing Tyria or Earth?

in Lore

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Gnashblade. Begging strangers to give him his job back and promising he won’t lie, bribe, murder, intimidate, steal, run off or slam a portal shut in the face of panicked civilians no more.

Now now, we know that was the fake Gnashblade that’s been running around. During all the chaos, he saw a chance and took it. He saw some Black Lion people trying to get some stuff out, grabbed the reins, and said “Get yourselves to safety, I’ll deal with the goods”. The real Gnashblade was already at Vigil Keep and Kiel herself could confirm it, that’s why he was never punished for “his” actions.

I’m pretty sure that by now Evon and Kiel know that they need each other. Sure, they may hate and want to get rid of each other, but currently they get more out of working together. Take the current White Mantle outfit, for an example. Kiel gets some captured White Mantle gear for Evon to tear apart and have copies of it made. He sells them, makes a profit. Kiel and Evon both keep an eye on who reacts to this and how, and then either uses that information themselves or trades it to other interested parties.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.