Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

in Lore

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

“Fighting him will not be like fighting me. Your weapons and golems cannot harm him. There is only one thing that can.
She snatched up the crystal spear that hung there and swung it twice before her. It moaned hollowly as it cut the air.
This spear was carved from one of Kralkatorrik’s own spines.”
This is how Glint explains to Destiny’s Edge how they can beat Kralkatorrik. She had a spear made from one of his own scales during the previous elder dragon rising.

The spear was lost during that fight as kralkatorrik flew away.
Glint explained fighting him as; “Fighting him will be like fighting a sandstorm.”

I see this as the strongest elder dragon and I hope that they take that in mind when they will finally introduce us to it.
In the book authored by J. Robert King, Edge of Destiny, they describe the dragon rising as following.
“The mountain was moving, shifting, growing. One of the foothills shuddered. Gravel and sand sifted down its side, revealing rows of horns. Beneath one curve- a curve that looked suspiciously like a giant eyebrow- opened something that looked suspiciously like a giant eye.”

“Then the titanic head broke free of the mountainside and rose on a muscular neck. The neck looked as if it would stretch from the end of Black Citadel to the other.”

“The dragon was spreading its crystalline wings. They became the sky. Sinews flexed and bones folded, and miles of wing gathered the air.”

So basicly, as everyone knows ingame. Kralkatorrik could be seen back in Guildwars 1 in the Charr homelands, and is the cause of the brand in Guildwars 2. He simply flew over this patch of land and transformed tens of thousands of servants that hungered for “all things living”.
How are we going to defeat this? I really hope Anet gives this the fight it deserves.
Thoughts?

Optimise [OP]

Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was less “lost” and more “left behind by Rytlock”. For all we know, Caithe had went to pick it up, just as we see her picking up some of Kralkatorrik’s crystallized blood across the Dragonbrand. Or members of the Priory went there to find it – or Zephyrites, as we know they were there.

Kralkatorrik does seem to be one of the potentially strongest Elder Dragons. It is mentioned specifically as the Elder Dragon that Glint fears. He was only beaten because he had just woken up – and even then, they did minimal damage to it (focusing on a one-hit kill).

I would like to correct one thing: he did not “simply” fly over Ascalon to make the Dragonbrand. He was actively creating it with his fiery breath. Not everything underneath him was corrupted – only the things hit by his golden gale breath.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

in Lore

Loop.8106

Fair enough. I assume you’ve read the book(s) so I’d like your take on the Dragonspawn of Jormag they fought at the “beginning” of the book. If the champion can do that, how do they top that with Jormag?

Optimise [OP]

Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Dragonspawn doesn’t do much more than we see the Shadow of the Dragon, Eyes of Zhaitan, Claw of Jormag, etc. do, truth be told, in terms of power.

Granted, it’s flashier than most dragon champions, but doesn’t seem to be more powerful than them.

How can they not top that?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

in Lore

Loop.8106

The fact that it controlls the minds of anyone that comes near it. Well, without the tattoos.

Optimise [OP]

Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There must be some way of getting close to Jormag, with or without wards, since he already had a tooth knocked out by a Norn.

Jormag and Kralk admittedly could be tough to justice to, given their greater synonymity to primal forces compared to say Zhaitan and how much longer they have to build up the encounters and their own power compared to Mordremoth.

The Dragonspawn was an example of them writing a strong and deadly champion, but part of their immediate danger comes from their greater interaction with people/races. Elder Dragons appear to see the lesser races as we view flies or at least tools to use for their own gain. I suspect a fully powered up Mordremoth or less weakened Zhaitan would have been a very different fight.

That’s what makes the next Dragons more intriguing and unique for them to to design.

Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

There must be some way of getting close to Jormag, with or without wards, since he already had a tooth knocked out by a Norn.

If I do recall, the Norn was empowered by the Spirits of the Wild and the magic of an ancient Jotun scroll at the time of said punching. So there is a big fat asterisk by that encounter as well.

Kralkatorrik (SPOILERS)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The fact that it controlls the minds of anyone that comes near it. Well, without the tattoos.

Technically all we saw was mental suggestions – very little different than Mordremoth’s effects on sylvari.

Mind you, this was while they were wearing the crystals as necklaces/etc. instead of as tattoos.

Nothing actually says that Jormag has this power either – it could be a similar case of Glint, which was unique compared to Kralkatorrik in being able to read minds. Though this has always been why I’d expect Jormag to be the “of minds” dragon when we got told every dragon had two realms – really feels like they squeezed the realm of mind onto Mordy just to get the turning sylvari going…

But I digress. We already know the counter to the Dragonspawn’s abilities, so if it will be shared by another of Jormag’s champions (or Jormag itself), we’ll no doubt have a case of allies turning on us while we are either able to overcome this and/or we use the protections.

But that plots’ been done with Mordremoth.

Dear ANet writers,