Largos responsible for Khan Ur?

in Lore

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Was just wondering if it was possible the Largos had anything to do with the death of the Khan Ur and if there was any evidence that could support this idea or any specifically disproving it.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Lore

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Largos are a new race, well new in a sense that they were there but only recently showed up, coming from the unending ocean. Plus the Khan Ur was killed by humans.

(got everything off the wiki)

(edited by Leohart.4610)

in Lore

Goatjugsoup.8637

wasn’t it only suspected the humans did it though since it benefited them so much?

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

The wiki took outdated info. The newer info from the Compendium of the charr states “To this day, no one knows who murdered the last Khan-Ur, nor if some legion had been behind the assassination or if was the humans or their powerful gods. With his death, however, the legions once more fell into conflict and chaos. Records of this portion of Charr history are scattered, much like the legions themselves.” http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ecology_of_the_Charr

So it’s possible that the largos were involved but there is absolutely nothing pointing to them at all.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The wiki took outdated info. The newer info from the Compendium of the charr states “To this day, no one knows who murdered the last Khan-Ur, nor if some legion had been behind the assassination or if was the humans or their powerful gods. With his death, however, the legions once more fell into conflict and chaos. Records of this portion of Charr history are scattered, much like the legions themselves.” http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ecology_of_the_Charr

So it’s possible that the largos were involved but there is absolutely nothing pointing to them at all.

Actually, you got it switched around. The Ecology of the Charr is, in fact, the older lore.

The “newer” lore – the one you call “outdated” was from the original human page on guildwars2.com, before they redesigned it. Or it was the charr one. Either way, it was guildwars2.com which was newer than The Ecology of the Charr by a few years which stated that humans assassinated the Khan-Ur.

Sadly, since Anet redesigned the main site shortly prior to release, there was a couple small but “important” tidbits of lore lost. Humans being confirmed assassins of the Khan-Ur and elementalists utilizing Destruction magic being the biggest two.

I’m actually confused on how you could possibly claim the Ecology is the newer lore in regards to information on the Khan-Ur, since the Ecology of the Charr is the first mention of the Khan-Ur in lore.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I’ll explain. The other source wich I did not know was mentioned by yourself in a previous post some time back. I took your expertise at face value while overestimating my own memory of the details. So, not too confusing at all when you begin by aknowleging that I got it switched around

edit: So there we have it. newest lore confirmed humans killed the khan ur.

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

in Lore

Goatjugsoup.8637

awww that’s a shame, I thought that might have been interesting to see that perhaps some largos had been to the surface world previously and interfered in the affairs of the other races.

in Lore

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

awww that’s a shame, I thought that might have been interesting to see that perhaps some largos had been to the surface world previously and interfered in the affairs of the other races.

Are you stoned when you are making such connections, btw?

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Goatjugsoup.8637

Are you stoned when you are making such connections, btw?

No and I will admit the connections I made were flimsy but one of the few things we know about the largos are that their whole culture revolves around hunting/assassinating/killing things and when you have that in mind and then go and play an assassins creed game where they basically assert that yes this thing in history happened but not quite how you thought and then you read the descrip of ghosts of ascalon and the assassination of the khan ur is fresh in your mind…

in Lore

Posted by: chris the concerer.2974

chris the concerer.2974

Was just wondering if it was possible the Largos had anything to do with the death of the Khan Ur and if there was any evidence that could support this idea or any specifically disproving it.

why where did this come from no just no if largos interfered with anything it would be with another sea baring race any way what the hell they haven’t even(as far as i know) been that far north to the charr homelands

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Given that there are largos in the northern Shiverpeaks, as far north as Frostgorge Sound, and the quaggan from the arctic seas know of the largos, there aren’t just largos as far north as the charr homelands, but even further north of the Blood Legion Homelands.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Goatjugsoup.8637

why where did this come from no just no if largos interfered with anything it would be with another sea baring race any way what the hell they haven’t even(as far as i know) been that far north to the charr homelands

we know very little about the largos and if they were on land doing some assassinations they would probably either be stealthy and remain unseen by anyone or would kill anyone who did see them