Legendary weapons lore

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

Hi guys,

I always wondered if there is any lore behind the legendary weapons. Where do they come from? What is their story?

Is there anything known about this?

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

only the flameseeker prophecies shield i guess and thats about the flameseeker prophecies but thats gw1 lore look it up youll be happy

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Dont go that way. Seriously. Just dont. You dont want to see a discussion about the lore implications of the Dreamer.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Tywele.7812

RedCobra, that’s the lore I already know about as I have played GW1 myself. ^^

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

RedCobra.7693

RedCobra, that’s the lore I already know about as I have played GW1 myself. ^^

ahh i can see why its peeked your interest in the others then, im not entirely sure but i found it interesting that the boss for the event outside arah dungeon uses eternity so that means thakittens not just a skin* but a recognisable weapon in game.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Yes Eternity was the weapon of the High Wizard of Arah apparently, which would imply that both Sunrise and Twilight were ceremonial weapons in Arah as well.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

RedCobra.7693

Yes Eternity was the weapon of the High Wizard of Arah apparently, which would imply that both Sunrise and Twilight were ceremonial weapons in Arah as well.

high wizard xD thank you, my brain was jelly for a second, could you tell?

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Evans.6347

I’m curious if his Eternity will get the visual update as well actually

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Tywele.7812

Evans, it will. Eternity will get footsteps and a glowing orb where you hold it.

So we now know that Eternity, Sunrise and Twilight were ceremonial weapons in Arah. Maybe more legendaries have some lore?

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Incinerator and Predator are some uber-leet Iron Legion prototype weapons.

Frostfang is a corrupted axe of some icebrood bigwig who had it shaped after Jormag.

Kudzu might be another weapon made from and by the Pale Tree herself, similarly to Caladbolg.

Kraitkin is more than likely to be a staff of a high-ranking member of the Oratuss – if not an actual Prophet (possibly DSD corrupted then).

Rodgort (Trogdor) was a dragon or a demon, and there was a skill named after him in GW1. The torch that was created in his image could actually hold his essence/power.

Juggernaut might be related to the Colossi.

Quip, Moot, and the Dreamer… ugh, the less said about them, the better.

Rest are too vague to make an appropriate guess.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Evans.6347

Evans, it will. Eternity will get footsteps and a glowing orb where you hold it.

So we now know that Eternity, Sunrise and Twilight were ceremonial weapons in Arah. Maybe more legendaries have some lore?

I know Eternity gets update, I was just wondering if they be consistent enough to also update the boss’s Eternity

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

YOUR – can’t have any. You create it piece by piece. Precursors and prototypes – can have.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Evans.6347

Actually, you don’t create anything piece by piece.
You bribe Zommoros with specific gifts so he hands you over the legendary.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Actually, you don’t create anything piece by piece.
You bribe Zommoros with specific gifts so he hands you over the legendary.

So? It’s just a copy of original. And originals have their lore.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Evans.6347

That’s just splitting hairs. The copies represent the same lore as the originals.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The High Wizard likely switches between Twilight and Sunrise, mechanically speaking. So his weapons would likely only get cosmetic changes if those two got them, not if Eternity got them.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

knbBlackTemplar.3059

That’s just splitting hairs. The copies represent the same lore as the originals.

One of last Futurama episode had similar situation.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Regarding the Flameseeker Prophecies:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flameseeker_Prophecies

In GW1 we’re never actually shown the prophecies themselves. We know Glint was the origin of the prophecies (she wrote them approximately 1050 years ago, 800 years ago in GW1). And we know that multiple factions got their hands on them, or parts of it (The Mursaat, Lich Lord, and Meerak the Shouter). It is often assumed that the Lich Lord only got his hands on parts of the prophecies, since they also predict his downfall. Bit of a plot hole really.

I do not know if the prophecies were always a book, as seen on the shield, or simply a collection of texts (on paper or on stone). I also do not know how Glint spread this collection of texts. I can’t really imagine a dragon writing a book. Did she invoke the help of a (Forgotten) scribe to write it for her? And then how did she spread the word? Did she have people spread copies of it across Tyria? And why?

Did Glint intend for the Lich Lord and the Mursaat to get their hands on the Flameseeker Prophecies as well? Because the Mursaat have been doing everything to prevent the prophecies from coming to pass ever since. Not a smart move on Glint’s part, unless that was her intent.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: Kaveck.1532

Kaveck.1532

Incinerator and Predator are some uber-leet Iron Legion prototype weapons.

Frostfang is a corrupted axe of some icebrood bigwig who had it shaped after Jormag.

Kudzu might be another weapon made from and by the Pale Tree herself, similarly to Caladbolg.

Kraitkin is more than likely to be a staff of a high-ranking member of the Oratuss – if not an actual Prophet (possibly DSD corrupted then).

Rodgort (Trogdor) was a dragon or a demon, and there was a skill named after him in GW1. The torch that was created in his image could actually hold his essence/power.

Juggernaut might be related to the Colossi.

Quip, Moot, and the Dreamer… ugh, the less said about them, the better.

Rest are too vague to make an appropriate guess.

On Quip, Scarlet was using a single/double set of Quips in her playhouse against the player, I think it was in the pirate zone where she used dual pistols to inflict bleeds in an AoE cone infront of her.

With that said, can we say they are Legendary because Scarlet is using them and she is now a major character in the current lore?

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The shield’s text is just Meerak the Shouter’s words, so I doubt that’s the original copy or anything of the like (being in New Krytan further proves that).

It’s never actually said she wrote them, just “compiled” and foresaw the events.

A bit of digging on the wiki and from memory found me this:

In Gates of Kryta, White Mantle members make mention of “scriptures” that mention the undead:

“The scriptures speak of the walking dead. Soon the true seers will be revealed.”

Then, in the Desolation by the Ascension Pilgrim, we have:

“Turai thought the Scriptures contained a map to enlightenment and Ascension. But they were merely lies to lure weak-minded.”
“Palawa Joko’s final curse on us was the Scriptures of Abaddon. And look what they have done to the Ossa line.”

Then by Turai himself:
“I perished, along with the rest of my people, trying to build a temple to the old gods. We foolishly thought that we were the ones in the Flameseeker Prophecies. The ones who would rise to be led to the Hall. But fate is a cruel master, and it is I who have become the guide.”
wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ghostly_Hero_(PvE)#Dialogue

Makes me wonder if Turai gained knowledge of the Flameseeker Prophecies in those Scriptures of Abaddon that Joko “cursed” upon the Ossa line; and I wonder if these Scriptures of Abaddon hold any relation to the White Mantle’s scriptures which do make mention of (parts of) the Flameseeker Prophecies.

But it seems that only “scriptures” is used in reference to what the Flameseeker Prophecies are written within.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Escept that Quip was in the game way earlier than Scarlet. And to be honest, i dont know if ANet intended to make Quip more epic by giving it to her, or if Scarlet is made into an even bigger joke than she is percieved to be by many. I’m thinking of the latter.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

They were likely trying to increase Scarlet’s kittenery by showing she grinded through two Legendaries on top of her over-the-top studying history.

She should have been given The Predator instead, that would make sense seeing how she studied under a renowned sniper.

Dear ANet writers,

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Evans.6347

She had over 10 years to get them, in all honesty she’s been pretty slow at it.

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The shield’s text is just Meerak the Shouter’s words, so I doubt that’s the original copy or anything of the like (being in New Krytan further proves that).

It’s never actually said she wrote them, just “compiled” and foresaw the events.

That raises all kinds of questions on just how she compiled them, and then spread them.

My guess is that she had the Forgotten write it down, who as caretakers of the world, would keep and eye on the events that she had predicted. But through unintended events, other parties got their hands on those texts. The Forgotten may have had multiple copies, and parts of those writings may have gotten stolen. Which would explain how some of the bad guys got their hands on parts of the text, but not the complete work.

It is also possible that Glint instructed the Forgotten to deliberately spread only bits and pieces of the prophecy to specific groups. Thus directing the prophecy in her own way. Either way, it sounds like “scriptures” just refers to a pile of scrolls. Those may have later been compiled into a book, written in New Krytan. Although it is hard to believe that it would contain the complete prophecy.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

It just occurred to me.

The legendaries are supposed to be a “personal” endeavor – maybe that’s exactly what they are, supposedly weapons designed by the characters (a.k.a. you) after becoming masters of everything. As an example the shield’s text might be your own rendition of Meerak’s words. Even though they are all the same (real-world technology limitations). They really don’t have to have anything to do with the lore surrounding them. Which is somewhat of a weak explanation for the pwnicorns.

That, or because they are created in the mystic toilet, they don’t have to follow the lore exactly because they are derived from/imbued with some other possibility (where things might be slightly different, such as wild-roaming pwnicorns being slaughtered by players for their nyan achievements).

Both are weak explanations. I really can’t come up with a sensible way where the legendaries are fitting.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

Legendary weapons lore

in Lore

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

They should make it that Sunrise/Twighlight can only be crafted at a specific hour to mimic dusk and dawn….