Let's battle Dragons with music and song

in Lore

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anet’s writers are great. The stories are deep and emotional, but are lacking on more light hearted moments. Sure the world is suffering from the onslaught of evil, and that justifies the darkness in the storylines we’ve had. People shouldn’t be depressed or to give into terror, for once we do, evil wins. So how do you shine a little light onto the world? Entertainment.

Nothing rallies people together more than a diverse group of young girls singing songs of hope and joy. We need Tyrian Idols! Take one young female asura, human, sylvari, charr, and quaggan (no norn, because they’re huge), and let them form a singing group with the sole purpose of fighting evil with love! As the Commander, your character has much influence across the world. With your endorsement, the leaders of all nations could come together allow concerts for the citizens. The power of positivity emanating from the people would be an effective weapon to attack and weaken the evil dragons, like a modified Carebear Stare. And the songs sung by the idols would cause confusion in the enemy, since it would overwrite the will of the Elder Dragon’s voice, thus leading to more effective raids into their territory.

Imagine the potential for cross marketing and increased revenue if GW2 introduced an idol group. Lead by the beautiful Lena Chappelle, the music could be sold as an in-game music box on the Gem Store for all to enjoy at our leisure. Players could purchase CDs and other goodies off the website and share the music with friends, leading to an increase in new GW2 players from the referrals the music would inspire. Add some sort of “golden ticket” randomly placed in the CDs for a chance to have your characters meet the idols IN GAME! The more you buy, the better your chances to win!

Note – I’ve even found some outfit examples the group (or players) could wear!

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Of all the troll threads you make, SP, this one’s the worst in quality.

Try harder.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

And here I was just thinking how childish and unserious the GW2 story feels compared to the GW1 story.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I guess the “social justice” well is running dry.
I’m disappointed. Your other posts always had that trolly provocative feel, but still inspired actual discourse about things. This one is just. Weird.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Weird. Just weird.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Oh, we go into Macross territory now?
Only if I get my Macross Missile Barrage on a class.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

Where before I had my doubts about you simply desiring equality and representation for minorities in Tyria, you’ve now made it clear that you’re trolling.

Besides that, please stop using the lore sub-forum for these posts.
This has nothing to do with lore.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Where before I had my doubts about you simply desiring equality and representation for minorities in Tyria, you’ve now made it clear that you’re trolling.

Besides that, please stop using the lore sub-forum for these posts.
This has nothing to do with lore.

It was in general. I am guessing a mod moved it here after complaints of where it was before.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Your charisma isn’t high enough to pull off this song and dance SP.

@Randulf

So a mod is treating the lore sub forum as a dumping ground for horrible threads now? That’s nice to now. (/sigh) The only place this needs to be moved to is the trash can.

in Lore

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Exactly! Great minds think alike. Over the past 30 years, the concept behind music as a weapon is still strong. Not everyone can relate to American sci-fi drama, but music exists in all cultures. That’s why having an idol group as part of the story would be a major draw for the GW universe. No matter where you live in the world, music would be the key that binds us.

And just to point out, Omega Golems already have Macross-like missile barrages. It’s a shame they’re only available to use in WvW. Totsugeki Love Heart!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Exactly! Great minds think alike. Over the past 30 years, the concept behind music as a weapon is still strong. Not everyone can relate to American sci-fi drama, but music exists in all cultures. That’s why having an idol group as part of the story would be a major draw for the GW universe. No matter where you live in the world, music would be the key that binds us.

And just to point out, Omega Golems already have Macross-like missile barrages. It’s a shame they’re only available to use in WvW. Totsugeki Love Heart!

While I won’t argue that music, idols, basicaly anything that boosts morale is allready utilized for battle even today (sending popular musicians to frontline soldiers, for example), going so far as using it straight up as a weapon is kinda farfetched, even for a fantasy game like GW2.

If there was a precedent fort his kind of magic in the world, then sure, why not. Let’s take the “by the power of love”.

It won’t happen though, as the concepts that are in the established lore, are only roughly in that direction.
Even after Star Trek used the power of Music to defeat a much stronger enemy, i don’t think we will see anything like that.

Well, there are the dredge sonic devices, which could be used for something, but now we are grasping straws.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I hear that “Sabotage” by the Beastie Boys is an effective weapon.