Let's create a name for the gang

in Lore

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

The topic sais it all: let us talk about better names for Destiny’s edge 2.0, then we vote. If we’re lucky and the new fanname get’s popular, Anet could addopt it ingame (just like npc’s use the name LA now instead of Lions Arch.)

All ideas are welcome, but let’s go for something with the same level of epicness as ‘The fellowship of the ring’ or ‘The order of the phoenix’. I know you lore-junkies have enough inspiration to think of something.

(edited by Bellyboomer.3048)

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

LA isn’t a nickname, it’s an abbreviation, just like DR or CoF are abbreviations.

It still bothers me when NPCs use pet names for location in GW2. It took me two releases to figure out “the Reach” wasn’t some new location in Tyria but just Marjory’s pet name for DR. It’s like writing a abbreviations in a story without explaining to the audience what the abbreviations are – they just cause confusion because the abbreviations aren’t universal. Tyria is so big without having to worry about pet names for locations you may not even remember their official names because there are so many of them.

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

McCoy’s Angles.

Nuff said.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

Bellyboomer.3048

LA isn’t a nickname, it’s an abbreviation, just like DR or CoF are abbreviations.

It still bothers me when NPCs use pet names for location in GW2. It took me two releases to figure out “the Reach” wasn’t some new location in Tyria but just Marjory’s pet name for DR. It’s like writing a abbreviations in a story without explaining to the audience what the abbreviations are – they just cause confusion because the abbreviations aren’t universal. Tyria is so big without having to worry about pet names for locations you may not even remember their official names because there are so many of them.

I disagree, I think it gives more flavor to the way npc’s precieve the world around them. ‘LA’ might be a bit strange for the medieval setting, but talking about ‘the reach’ is logical and sounds pretty awesome at the same time. It’s just like ‘the states’ instead of ‘the united states of America’, so it seems logical that some of the characters use this name instead.

in Lore

Bellyboomer.3048

McCoy’s Angles.

Nuff said.

Great name, but no way this would ever get in-game :p

in Lore

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Destiny’s Orphans.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Lore

Posted by: JustCurious.3457

JustCurious.3457

McCoy’s Angles.

Nuff said.

Haha! Brilliant.

Classes: Guardian, Elementalist, Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Herald

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

McCoy’s Angles.

Nuff said.

Great name, but no way this would ever get in-game :p

E is a character called Mrs. McCoy.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

“Those Meddling Kids”

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Lore

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

SOUP

Supreme Order of Unwavering Protection

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Lore

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

They are already referred to as the “biconics”.

And LA simply means “Lions Arch”, and us fans use that abbreviation, not NPC’s.

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

“Super Best Friends”

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Posted by: TommyProvolone.3715

TommyProvolone.3715

The Burger King Kids Club Rejects.

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I remembered Jeff Grubb works/worked there so now there is only one real answer:

“Dragonbait”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

the WEED WHACKERS

in Lore

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I don’t really like this idea… there is no way all players is going to agree on one name (I have very little trust in the wisdom of the playerbase, and the forum only ever proves me right in that distrust)

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Lore

Bellyboomer.3048

“Those Meddling Kids”

My vote!

And LA simply means “Lions Arch”, and us fans use that abbreviation, not NPC’s.

I know what LA means, and NPC’s do use it now. I think Rox even used to say DR instead of divinity’s reach way back during the queens jubelee.

I remembered Jeff Grubb works/worked there so now there is only one real answer:

“Dragonbait”

And this has my vote!

I don’t really like this idea… there is no way all players is going to agree on one name (I have very little trust in the wisdom of the playerbase, and the forum only ever proves me right in that distrust)

Shhht, I know it’s a long-shot. But let us pretend it’s not and just have fun with names for a while!

in Lore

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Devastation’s Edge. \o/

I ? Karkas.

in Lore

Rym.1469

Edge of Extinction

(With Copyright for GW1 Ranger)

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

McCoy’s Angles.

Nuff said.

I laughed my backside off… X’D

Nowhere near as good as Rym’s or others, but here’s my idea:

Doom’s Dummies

(And in the end it would turn out they are Dhuum’s unwitting sleeper agents who will inadvertently lead Tyria to its bitter end, allowing him to gain untold powers through the deaths of every mortal.)

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Those People.

Npc1: Quick! We need help with this. Call Those People!
Npc2: …
Npc2: What do you mean by “Those” People?
~Awkward silence~

in Lore

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I honestly don’t feel they deserve a name at this point. Destinys Edge had done many heroic deeds, and awesome and amazing things by the time we catch up to them in the PS. I don’t feel that this group has done much of anything to deserve a title of anything….yet.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I honestly don’t feel they deserve a name at this point. Destinys Edge had done many heroic deeds, and awesome and amazing things by the time we catch up to them in the PS. I don’t feel that this group has done much of anything to deserve a title of anything….yet.

Destiny’s Edge also existed before the Personal Story picked up, and was more or less the merging of two guilds together, if I recall.

Destiny’s Edge resulted from the merge of two smaller groups, Edge of Steel (Rytlock, Logan and Caithe) and Dragonspawn’s Destiny (Eir, Garm, Snaff and Zojja). The group came together in 1319 AE due to Eir’s desire to find a group of warriors to defeat the Dragonspawn.

So they’d been doing stuff before becoming Destiny’s Edge, as well.

That’s still not a prerequisite to have a name for your team.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Also, still amused that it seems nobody caught my reference earlier . . .

in Lore

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

finding nemo?

Shark bait! OOOHAHA!!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Oh, you were referencing something?
I thought you were just voicing our honest thoughts

I mean, i would handle them as I would handle my zombie survivor collegues.
Trip them on retreat to help me get away or get a clean shot

Otherwise, how about this:

- EA, or Es Angels (yeah McCoy is nice, but they get anonymous hints from a Mister E)
- Mistery Machine
- Scarlet Slayers (meh, not funny, but sadly the only thing they have “done”? i guess)
- Family Issues/Matters (everyone of them has these)

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

finding nemo?

Shark bait! OOOHAHA!!

Nope.

Oh, you were referencing something?
I thought you were just voicing our honest thoughts

Might as well spill it.

Jeff Grubb wrote a book “Curse of the Azure Bonds” . . . which had a character named “Dragonbait” in it. A supporting protagonist to the main character, and actually had more than enough going for him that the name wasn’t about his uselessness . . .

I should dig that book out and re-read it. The story of Alias of the Azure Bonds really was interesting to keep in mind.

in Lore

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

Some sort of reference to Doctor Who’s Paternoster Gang?

in Lore

Posted by: Angel McCoy

Angel McCoy

Narrative Designer

McCoy’s Angles.

LOLOLOL! Veto.

in Lore

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’ll just go with “The B Team”.

“In 1327 AE, a fearless hero was sent to take down Scarlet. A small team of adventurers tagged along for glory on something they didn’t commit. These people promptly escaped from a Season one stockade to the Living Story. Today, still updated by the server they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them….maybe you can hire The B-Team.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

McCoy’s Angles.

LOLOLOL! Veto.

Oh good, you used your veto on the decoy!

I’ll formally submit “McCoy’s Angels” now.

in Lore

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

McCoy’s Angles.

LOLOLOL! Veto.

Oh good, you used your veto on the decoy!

I’ll formally submit “McCoy’s Angels” now.

S/Hes right ya know

its gotta be McCoy’s Angels now

no way around it im affraid.

in Lore

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

in Lore

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

“In 1327 AE, a fearless hero was sent to take down Scarlet. A small team of adventurers tagged along for glory on something they didn’t commit. These people promptly escaped from a Season one stockade to the Living Story. Today, still updated by the server they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them….maybe you can hire The B-Team.”

If you follow this reasoning, “The E-Team” would fit much better, given their mysterious contact.

Alternatively, they could be “Mister E Incorporated”, although someone else already made a Scooby Doo reference.

Personally, I would favour a name that emphasizes how all members do not fit well with their respective societies (which is also why Canach would fit in well). The previous suggestion “Destiny’s Orphans” would fit with this, and my own contribution here would be “The Misfits” (although it may conjure unfortunate associations with a 1980s cartoon about girl bands). Or something like the “Dead End Regulars” (which is a reference to nothing but the bar where they first assembled.

Still, the only semi-official name that appears to exist at the moment is “Delaqua Investigations”, consisting of Marjory and Kasmeer. So that would make them “Delaqua Investigations and Friends” (South Park reference not intended.)

I truly expected that ArenaNet would introduce an official name for the group at the end of Season 1, during the bar scene.

in Lore

Jaken.6801

Acording to my new standing within the group i declare:

Big Bosses kittenes…. well thats too hard (and most likely censored)

how about: Big Bosses Groupies?

in Lore

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

If you follow this reasoning, “The E-Team” would fit much better, given their mysterious contact.

Naw, I’m still siding with “B Team” because Destiny’s Edge was my A Team when this all started.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Lore

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

I tend to think that the guild the biconics are in would be the guild that you the player character belong to.

in Lore

Rym.1469

McCoy’s Angles.

LOLOLOL! Veto.

Oh my gawd, I’m famous!

But this name will be here for a while, hee hee!

in Lore

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I suggest they be declared the “Nota” Warband.

Rox seems to be the one in charge when we’re not around, so she can be “Rox NotaLeader”.

Brahm doesn’t seem to have a second form yet, and Cragstead seems to suggest that if he DOES get one it’ll be a wolf, so he can be “Brahm NotaWolf”.

Taimi’s the one that figures things out, so she can be “Taimi NotaClue”.

Marjory’s a necromancer, and barely survived the final showdown with Scarlet. She can be “Marjory NotaCorpse”.

Kasmeer used to be a noble and still knows the ins and outs of human high society. She can be “Kasmeer NotaNoble”.

Finally, if Canach winds up working his way into the group to spy on them, he can be “Canach NotaPlant”.

And just think, every time a charr hears that there’s a warband with all these races in it, their first impulse will be to declare “You’re not a warband!” To which, everyone else can say “Yes, we know!”

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I suggest they be declared the “Nota” Warband.

Rox seems to be the one in charge when we’re not around, so she can be “Rox NotaLeader”.

Brahm doesn’t seem to have a second form yet, and Cragstead seems to suggest that if he DOES get one it’ll be a wolf, so he can be “Brahm NotaWolf”.

Taimi’s the one that figures things out, so she can be “Taimi NotaClue”.

Marjory’s a necromancer, and barely survived the final showdown with Scarlet. She can be “Marjory NotaCorpse”.

Kasmeer used to be a noble and still knows the ins and outs of human high society. She can be “Kasmeer NotaNoble”.

Finally, if Canach winds up working his way into the group to spy on them, he can be “Canach NotaPlant”.

And just think, every time a charr hears that there’s a warband with all these races in it, their first impulse will be to declare “You’re not a warband!” To which, everyone else can say “Yes, we know!”

Okay, I chuckled.

in Lore

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Hmm. I like “Lion’s Dawn.”

It’s got a nice ring, and harks back to LA as a critical early victory for them.

I should be writing.

in Lore

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

It’s got a nice ring, and harks back to LA as a critical early victory for them.

Lion’s Dawn, huh? Hmmm….

Yeah, I actually like it.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Lore

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Lion’s Dawn, huh? Hmmm….

Yeah, I actually like it.

That is pretty creative and logical for the foundation the ‘gang’ is built upon, Gulesave.

As much as I like “Lion’s Dawn”, this is actually what immediately popped into my mind as being more appropriate upon reading that, sadly.

I went searching for a lion yawning gif and I totally dawwwwed when I found this instead.
I could not resist posting it due to the love we all have for the ‘kitten-filter’.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Lore

Posted by: Iroh.9671

Iroh.9671

I agree.
Maybe after we kill mordremoth we can give them a title!
or! if mordremoth kills them we can give mordremoth a title!

in Lore

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

The MOoT* Squad

*Misfits & Outcasts of Tyria

Yea, I am mean :p

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in Lore

Bellyboomer.3048

Lions Dawn kicks kitten . Aside from all the great jokes, this is the kind of name that really fits with the gang.

in Lore

Jaken.6801

Naturally they have it all come back to Lions Arch in some way, to have them earn that name.
Not only publicly but also for themselves.
Lions Arch as a center of their triumphs as well as the center of their own multi cultural connection (also, they need a base of operations there).

Though I would really enjoy them being tangled up in some of the political shennanigans.
Like having someone high up the ladder announce their name.
It could even play in the Evon vs the Consortium line, with one side being the sponsor of the group

in Lore

Posted by: DarxMaster.3819

DarxMaster.3819

What do think about this one:

Braham and the ladies

I like the acronym: Ba(t)tl(e) -> It sounds a bit like a guild name

in Lore

Posted by: DarxMaster.3819

DarxMaster.3819

Too funny. Right?

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I vote for: Titanic Deckchair Attendants

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)