Liadri, what power did she tap into?

in Lore

Posted by: Amantis.4091

Amantis.4091

“She is fascinated by darkness and cosmic spells”

So, Liadri’s abilities are still a bit of a mystery right? I’m assuming she’s totally canon, what is the origins of her extremely powerful spells?

She has “Shrouded by Darkness” making her invulnerable while this black smoke distortion covers her whole body using an identical animation to Death Shroud, and can summon rifts in what appear to be space-time “Cosmic Rift”, she’s capable of summoning 3 clones like a mesmer.

Is she tapping into something from the rift? Or creating her own necromancer spells?
Maybe she’s on Grenth’s VIP list?

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

She’s probably just has a necro main profession and a mesmer secondary profession.

in Lore

Posted by: Mikhail.4961

Mikhail.4961

She’s probably just has a necro main profession and a mesmer secondary profession.

Which would be odd, given what Angel McCoy said about people in GW2 time would prefer to master one profession over having a secondary (she used some silly analogy for it).

I am kind of hoping that she’s the precursor of what we’ll see of necromancers in HoT: those wells of darkness would make an interesting profession skill where the more time the enemy stand in them, the more damage they take or some such. Cause, as we know, necros are not in a good spot right now.

Any class is easy to play, but not as easy to master. So sod off, warrior-haters.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Which would be odd, given what Angel McCoy said about people in GW2 time would prefer to master one profession over having a secondary (she used some silly analogy for it).

Well people did that back in GW1 so maybe Liadri just old school

in Lore

Posted by: diremane.3250

diremane.3250

I am kind of hoping that she’s the precursor of what we’ll see of necromancers in HoT: those wells of darkness would make an interesting profession skill where the more time the enemy stand in them, the more damage they take or some such. Cause, as we know, necros are not in a good spot right now.

Actually I see it more like a Mesmer specialization that deals with shadows (or would it be light?) instead of illusions.

I name thee, Shadowbender!