Living Story Focal Point

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

After much research and careful deliberation, I can only come to one conclusion.

The Karka are invading the mainland.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: snargles.2137

snargles.2137

The only other place in the world we see steam vents like this is in Southsun Cove. The jump puzzle does have the same style of steam erupting from the ground. Yet the weather is not bizarre. The weather there is not changing or bizarre in any way. Anyone know what the cause of the vents in Southsun?

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Southsun Cove’s western island is highly volcanic (there’s lava just a few feet under the ground, such as where the Ancient Karka died. This is also the source behind those geysers and hotsprings, I’d imagine – little different than Yellowstone Park.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

From the synopsis for the next installment “The Gathering Storm”…

The situation worsens for the citizens of Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. Volunteers have eased the burden, but more refugees hobble down from the Shiverpeaks. The storm there gains momentum, but the forces of good are beginning to rally. They’re sending their heroes to defend the land and its peoples. Someone must hold back the gathering storm.

In Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm, the second installment in this four-part series, the stakes are raised, and battles rage, in the foothills of the Shiverpeaks.

The focus is definitely on the mountains, I’d say, and now “storm” is becoming a big factor. I need to go explore that region of the mountains between Diessa and the Wayfarer Foothills more closely.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Ariella Goldstein.3562

Ariella Goldstein.3562

Finally, all these refugees keep telling me that, “raven told me you were coming.” What I don’t get is why didn’t raven tell them to get out before this disaster struck? Why is he telling them useless things like my daily schedule. Kinda sounds like raven is a kitten. Maybe raven is behind all this… …. maybe …

What I’ve seen of Raven seems to follow some Native American traditions where Raven is a messenger. Also, the Ravens of Odin Huginn and Muninn (thought and memory) go throughout the world and deliver news back to Odin, so it’s possible the Raven doesn’t have foresight into events as much as a deliverer of knowledge.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Son of Elias.5420

Son of Elias.5420

As far as I know, none of the Wild Spirits are prophetic. Raven knows a lot because ravens, besides being very clever birds, see a lot from being up in the sky.

“A man who trusts everyone is a fool.
And a man who trusts no one is a fool.
We are all fools, if we live long enough.”

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

snargles.2137

I have not been online to check recently. . .Is there any update on this? What is happening in the world?

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

Check in a couple weeks. The story updates on the 26th.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

snargles.2137

Okay thank you

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I have not been online to check recently. . .Is there any update on this? What is happening in the world?

There have been a few changes along the way, but they’ve been minor. The bigger stuff is coming later, but if you want to see what’s happening right now, this is a good resource that is kept up to date:

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/29/gw2-living-story-refuge-volunteer-events-guide/

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Ashebyrne.8352

Ashebyrne.8352

I only just spotted that today bit late. To be honest I know it may be slow for some people but this is the sort of thing that I have been wanting in a MMOn for a long time. The build up – the little changes to the background – to me make it a little bit different to other games. I really like this from a personal point of view and think this should continue but I may be in a minority.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

I only just spotted that today bit late. To be honest I know it may be slow for some people but this is the sort of thing that I have been wanting in a MMOn for a long time. The build up – the little changes to the background – to me make it a little bit different to other games. I really like this from a personal point of view and think this should continue but I may be in a minority.

I think the concept of a living story is great, and theoretically their execution of it is fine. It’s the content itself that’s questionable. What isn’t fine is to open up this living story with a catastrophic event that causes people to evacuate their homes en masse, and then tease us about it for a month. That’s the sort of circumstance that requires immediate response by not just our heroic characters, but by the world in general. Really, if they started off this arc with anything BUT an evacuation from which nobody is willing to fill us in, I think this living story would be very well received.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Just logged on to see whts new. Its been confirmed by the refugee coordinator in hoelbrak. She said the dredge and flame legion are working together.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I don’t think the new content has dropped yet.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

The new stuff should be out later today.

In an interview with Colin Johanson, he said that they were still getting the Living Story on its feet and it probably wont kick in properly until March. Im still hoping that the Feb patch has more meat on it story wise than the Jan but Im not going to get too hopeful.

In the end Im happy to wait for things to pick up when they finish it properly. Good content is better than rushed content.

Regardless we should see more story today even if its not too dramatic yet.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Yup, the real question is when today, early afternoon? Late at night? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

My guess would be in about 10 hours or so. Thats roughly about the time of day the last patch dropped I think.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well, today will only be introducing a tiny bit more content, given the whole living story bit. So don’t expect much today.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Posted by: Ashebyrne.8352

Ashebyrne.8352

Just to ask – do teh dredge and flame legion have the ability to make the gates they we see?

Living Story Focal Point

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

You mean those portals? That’s Flame Legion magic that’s been around since release (take the Font of Rhand portal into Flame Temple Tombs for example).

Dear ANet writers,