Looking for lore friends!

in Lore

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Hey all lore forum lurkers!

GW universe lore is something that really tickles my pickle, as it were. My desk is regularly filled with notes about updates, implications, connections. My outlet for these is my boyfriend, who is doing his best to absorb my lore outbursts as I drag him around Tyria in a manic frenzy. Poor guy.

What I was wondering is, is there a lore guild out there maybe? A dedicated separate lore forum out there? (Like the roleplaying one!) Or even folks who just love talking lore who I can party up with sometimes, chat about theories etc it would be great to make some new friends

Any responses are appreciated, if you don’t wish to post, feel free to PM me on here, or ingame. I’m always around!

Aisi x

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

personally I enjoy talking about the lore and if you need someone to party with i’ll be around, but I believe this (The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore]) is a lore guild…I am not part of it so there that for whatever its worth

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Yes, come join us “Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore]”. I’m can’t invite, but pm draxynnic.3719, Konig Des Todes.2086, or Kaliyah Seritena (can’t find his account name thingy).

in Lore

Aisina.4963

Is it a US or EU guild?

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Lore

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

i do think it is a US guild, but i could be wrong. either way, they’re a good bet if you’re looking for lore-savvy people

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Lore

Mystic Starfish.2586

US guild, we’re on Sanctum of Rall, but it’s not a requirement or anything.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

As said, there is the guild I lead, The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore] – most of us main Sanctum of Rall or Tarnished Coast servers but there are no requirements to join.

For forums, this one is the most active for discussing lore I know of, other than rp-dedicated fansites.

P.S. Infamous Darkness, you should join us too.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Aisina.4963

Sounds like I need to leave a guild to make room for you awesome people!

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Joinnnnnn ussssssss…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Thank you for the offer, but I’m already in another guild that I main, but if you’re willing to allow me to join without repping all the time I would be more than happy to join. (think I would have to drop a guild to join you, and I would do that tonight when I get home, if the offer still stands.)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Oh of course. The awesome lore guild is on an entirely different server :/

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

in Lore

smekras.8203

almost wish i knew of them before i helped found a guild

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Eh, servers don’t matter. We can do most of the stuff we need groups for together cross server, such as fractals and dungeons, and guesting is always a possibility if anything else is going on. We’re spread throughout. They mentioned a vast majority of them are on Sanctum of Rall, I’m personally on Isle of Janthir, and I know a lot of others vary as well.

in Lore

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

I will say this, the Archivist’s Sanctum[lore], is a great group of awesome people and diverse personalities. Almost always a fun discussion going on, I think I’ve learned something new just about everytime we go off adventuring. I highly encourage anyone with a love of lore to check it out. Heck, they can put up with me…that makes them pretty cool in my book!

Also, I’m on TC, and we group up almost daily. Server isn’t an issue, neither is repping 100%(that’s just silly anyway) also, you can belong to up to 5 guilds.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

(edited by Edusd.7893)

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Only issue I have is I’m trying to get a friend’s guild up in Influence while doing events, but that means I can’t be talking in the Archivist Sanctum Guild Chat at the same time… Tis an annoying situation…

in Lore

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

Trying to get everyone on VoIP more, also, just join the party and party chat while repping yer buddy’s guild!

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

TeamSpeak has issues with my computer. I downloaded it in order to be better coordinated for Tequatl. The day I downloaded it I had my computer blue screen and shut down 5 times before I uninstalled it. I haven’t had it blue screen since the I uninstalled it…

in Lore

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

I’ll be a lore buddy

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

in Lore

Posted by: StevenMah.9854

StevenMah.9854

Hi Konig, I’m quite interested in your guild LORE.

Over the past 400+ days since launch, I’ve always been intrigued by the beautifully crafted land of GW2. I loved almost all of the Vista and PoI. But it saddens me to see that there are minimal focus on telling the story to the players. The personal story idea was good, but it quickly turned bad after the battle on Claw Island, after my favourite character Magister Sieran died; having Trahearne to replace her is blasphemy. In the end, I couldn’t even finish my Personal Story, lost interest somewhere around level 76 story.

After that, I moved on and was distracted by the gameplay, speed running dungeons, champion farming, Trading Post flipping, stats building. I recently completed my first Legendary, Frostfang, and with the biggest goal out of the way, I started to get attracted by the lore again.

I’m curious to join your guild and see what it’ll feel like to immerse in GW2 stories. Nowadays I can almost never find people who are willing to do dungeons and watch the cutscenes…

*Note: I’m currently required to rep my main guild at most times, so is it acceptable that I hop on and off if I do get a guild invite?

in Lore

smekras.8203

I was just invited into [Lore] (after this thread started, mind you) and it’s a good thing to know there is some place I can go to when something lore-related is needed. Thanks for the invitation guys

@StevenMah
Two nights ago I was part of a “casual” PUG that did the new Aetherblade path of TA (if memory serves, all but me were inexperienced in it). We ended up clearing the dungeon, getting most of the achievements with relative ease (and far quicker than any of the “serious” groups i’d joined before …oh yeah, it took care of my dailies too). During the run we had the time to watch cutscenes (not that you can avoid them) discuss strategy and just joke around, sometimes IC and other times OoC. It was by far the most fun I ever had in GW2 and by the end of the run the running joke was “are we sure we’re casual?”

In the end, we had fun, got our rewards, made some money and enjoyed the game the way (I think) the game was meant to be enjoyed. Sometimes you just have to stop and smell the flowers I suppose

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

I’ve done so many dungeon explorables… I don’t think I’ve watched the cut scenes in any of them except this Aetherpath :P I really need to join in when they say they’re gonna do dungeons, lol. Especially if ArenaNet is gonna make a habit of just removing all the old paths…

in Lore

Maethor.2810

I’m with StevenMah on this one. :P Every time I find a group running explorables, I almost feel too rushed to not skip the cutscenes as every time I do, it ends to almost all of my party mates up ahead. I’ve gotten used to having to skip and go back to read the dialogue in the chat window later >.>

I, myself, am very interested in [Lore]. Goes to show how much I pay attention but had I known there was a good lore-centric guild out there I would have sought them out sooner >.> I’ve been reading GW lore forums since about 2005 and being in a group of people that was more than my best friend and I that like the lore as much as I did? That’d be phenomenal.

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Invited both of you (Maethor and StevenMah).

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Lore

Maethor.2810

Thalador, you made my night Yay!

Would you, or another kind officer, mind tossing an invite to therapite.3645 (she is said best friend I mentioned and goes where I go guild-wise and is newer to the GW world but soaks up every bit of lore I offer), and squee-ed along with me when I saw this).

in Lore

Thalador.4218

Also done. I welcome thee all to [Lore]!

A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Lore

Posted by: therapite.3645

therapite.3645

Thank you thank you thank you!

Ayla Tyrsdottir | Melsande | Rowan Cabot | Joxa | Phedra Nyx|Ephiny Tyrkin
Eternal Clarity [Ankh] /Archivists Sanctum [Lore]
A quaint dye collector with a lore problem.

in Lore

Maethor.2810

Thank you muchly, Thalador!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Welcome to the Fold.

Rubs hands together.

You will all be assimilated.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: StevenMah.9854

StevenMah.9854

Thanks all !!! As mentioned, I’ll hop on and off. Most likely I’ll run a lot of dungeons with you all. I need to watch all the dungeon cutscenes. I’ve watched NONE…oh wait… except one I think.

in Lore

Aisina.4963

Hey I’ve left a guild so I can join [Lore] – I’m on an EU server, is this a problem? ^^

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Lore

Thalador.4218

How dare you attempt to join us from an EU server!? >.<

Just kidding… (please kill me for using a phrase from that terrible plot hole of a Villain Sue)…

You’ve been invited. Welcome to [Lore], Aisina!

in Lore

Posted by: YOUNGtheslayer.6547

YOUNGtheslayer.6547

Is it possible to get an invite sent to YOUNGtheslayer.6547? I’m friends with Maethor and Therapite.

Thanks!

in Lore

Posted by: Streaky.8305

Streaky.8305

I’m on Dragonsreach, but if that doesn’t matter I’m interested in an invite as well.

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

Out of curiosity, how active is the guild nowadays? I was there several months ago, but at most there were four people online when I was… and guild missions were the thing back then, so I needed an active guild for that (still do).

It is lonely being 1 out of 500 interested on talking lore in guilds, most of the time they’re just my quick group finding assests than guildies I’m interested to talk or listen to.

If there’s no trouble with multiple repping -I rep TTS to get Tequatl kills, reason I had to leave my other guild actually just now- I’d be grateful to get an invite.

in Lore

Posted by: ToPocHi.2480

ToPocHi.2480

Hey there, I’d love to join up too. I’m away from home (work trip in Germany atm) and will be back in 4 days. I’d love to join up and learn more about the lore of GW 2 with like-minded players.

Btw, is the person with the eye-patch at time 0:36 some sort of renowned hero in the World of Tyria? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkQsukVa1Q

in Lore

Thalador.4218

Out of curiosity, how active is the guild nowadays? I was there several months ago, but at most there were four people online when I was… and guild missions were the thing back then, so I needed an active guild for that (still do).

It is lonely being 1 out of 500 interested on talking lore in guilds, most of the time they’re just my quick group finding assests than guildies I’m interested to talk or listen to.

If there’s no trouble with multiple repping -I rep TTS to get Tequatl kills, reason I had to leave my other guild actually just now- I’d be grateful to get an invite.

The guild is becoming more and more active – in no small part to this thread (thank you, Aisina!), and in US prime time there’re a lot of members online and actually repping. Also, if you need guild missions, we’ve a big and famous partner guild who actively recruits people, even if they only rep Saturday night after the reset for guild missions. So you’d be able to join them, too, without any difficulty.

Going to invite both you and ToPocHi once I log in.

A certain Archivist who I will not name (Rathlain >.> XD) has also joined TTS. Last time I checked I haven’t taken steps to correct this treasonous behavior… yet.

Just kidding… (shoot me please… the second time I used that phrase from the most hated and worst thing to happen to GW in a long time.)

Edit: ToPocHi, unfortunately we have no knowledge on that bloke. The same with the well-endowed young lady next to him or the angry-looking stone dwarf fellow. I guess just like so many cool things that were WAY better pre-launch, that trio got ditched as well.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

in Lore

Posted by: therapite.3645

therapite.3645

Mm, speaking of adding more people to the guild (<.<) would it be possible for you to send invites to SwampMoose.8932 and NeoStrange.7409? One is my husband who recently started playing, and the other is a very good friend who is enjoying what we can tell him about lore. Thanks so much!

Ayla Tyrsdottir | Melsande | Rowan Cabot | Joxa | Phedra Nyx|Ephiny Tyrkin
Eternal Clarity [Ankh] /Archivists Sanctum [Lore]
A quaint dye collector with a lore problem.

in Lore

Mystic Starfish.2586

Not really my jurisdiction, but I don’t want the moderators to shut/move this thread to Guild Recruitment, so you guys should just send in-game messages to the officers (whom I’ve noted and they’ve made themselves known). As for the TTS repping, [Lore] has never really been a one guild repping…guild. Which is in part why we are no where near capacity, or able to unlock guild missions (we’ve got some bounty trainings, I think). But it would help activity if you did rep [Lore] when you play, because then there will be others to talk to/increase activity, rather than 30 people in the guild, 11 online, and 3 repping, with 2 of them in our home server. Yes, those were dark times

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

^ I think we got actual bounties almost ready too.

On another note: apparently I should go out of town more often… I think when edus joined was also when I left for a bit… The guild expands when I’m not there (do you guys dislike me? ).

There was an average of 6 folks online and repping except at dark dark nighttime hours (like 2 am US time), cannot wait to see how many more when I get back Monday.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Aisina.4963

[Lore] makes me want to be nocturnal!

Also I hope the thread isn’t locked, it’s really helping people meet each other!

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

So you guys recruit EU players too?

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

We’re a bit hindered by the fact that it’s not possible for EU and NA players to play together, unfortunately, but that’s no barrier to starting up a branch on EU servers as well. ;-)

(Invite sent.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Maethor.2810

I just seem to be missing most of the active chatting that happens during the day, since I’m at work. It’s been a bit more quiet when I’m on in the evenings (sadly).

@Konig – It just happened this time that in Aisina’s search for lore buddies that a lot of people went OH HEY THERE’S A LORE GUILD HUH >.> (or at least that’s what happened in my case)

(edited by Maethor.2810)

in Lore

Posted by: Streaky.8305

Streaky.8305

I’ve been repping! (My toon is named Catcrest). I play mainly evenings EST, not that much activity in the chat log but everyone who is on is always super nice, when they’re online.

in Lore

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Can I get in on this fun?
I really wanna run dungeon explorable paths but also actually find out what the story is.
I think I’ve absorbed the path 1 & 2 stories in CoF just by osmosis alone

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Lore

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

To whoever is capable,
An invite to the letters and numbers to the left of this text would be quite nice. Thank you.

in Lore

Posted by: Spectre.6452

Spectre.6452

So it’s okay that Im EU? Can we start up an EU branch too? I would love to chat and play with people interested in the guild wars lore

Some warn that the Mursaat will return to agonize the people of Tyria once more.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Rather than an EU branch (at least how I understand the lineof thought being a separate guild), just denoting a main EU server to get on would suffice. Until we’eebtoo large we don’t need to split.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Spectre.6452

Spectre.6452

Yeah that’s a good point Konig. Is it possible to chat with US players from EU in the same guild?

Some warn that the Mursaat will return to agonize the people of Tyria once more.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yes.

15 charr 1 post

Dear ANet writers,