Lore of the Fractals

Lore of the Fractals

in Lore

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

Check out this video, and re-read this:

“These fractals are slices of the Mists, fragments of time that have been stabilized by the intrepid asura researcher Dessa. Some of these vignettes from history may be familiar to original Guild Wars players, while others will represent previously unseen events. Because of their eclectic origin, each fractal is built as a distinct, separate experience with themes, mechanics, and art specific to that fractal.”

I would like to get some discussion on what we may be seeing in the video and if we already have some history on these events. I dont really have much to add other than the creepy giant chained man looks awesome, and that there is a clear battle for Ascalon city, or some similar castle in the Ascalonian province (perhaps Rin or some such).

Also in appearance is the embark location, some dredge city, a norn encampment with corrupted ice, and some space rocks with asuran theme. Krait also appear.

Lore of the Fractals

in Lore

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

underwater combat too,agree tho on the awesomeness of the chained dude ^^

Lore of the Fractals

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

I noticed a lot of Ascalonian looking maps. There was definitely some sort of Sorrow’s Furnace looking map, and one of them reminded me strangely of the ‘Isle of the Dead’ guild hall loading screen from GW1 >.>
And the giant chained guy…Closest I’ve ever felt to a greek titan XD

Lore of the Fractals

in Lore

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

I thought I saw something that resembled a broken Rata Sum…

Some thought provoking quote