Lost Jotun Tome

Lost Jotun Tome

in Lore

Posted by: veritedonato.5062

veritedonato.5062

“I’m so excited! This is an absolutely crucial find to the study of the Magical, ancient Jotun beings who are so misunderstood nowadays.”

“… And as they ascended the final peak, the Jotun High Wizard spoke to all those assembled in deep tones of bass, ‘Let not your hearts be worried, for upon this peak, we can seek solace and peace. And know That though I go to a greater place than all the fires that call to me here, you will be with me forevermore’. And thus, the Jotun High Wizard, named ‘Asas Kin-Farseer’ by birth name, ascended to the Dragon Fires of Jotunheim….. to guide and watch over his people for all time! And it was good.”

- From “The Annals of Jotun” by Chronicler Anan… discovered in a lost vault somewhere in Lornar’s Pass!

Lost Jotun Tome

in Lore

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Can you say what waypoint this is near and what direction?

Lost Jotun Tome

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m 99.99% sure that’s just fan-fiction. The name and the mention of Jotunheim (part of norse mythology but non-existent in GW2) kind of give it away.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Lost Jotun Tome

in Lore

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I’m 99.99% sure that’s just fan-fiction. The name and the mention of Jotunheim (part of norse mythology but non-existent in GW2) kind of give it away.

Not sure why they would put a fan fiction message under the Lore section of the forums.

Lost Jotun Tome

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Eh, I’m unsure why they wouldn’t label it as such. Fanfic is nice sometimes, but I’ve seen some people get confused about the lore and this doesn’t help.

Lost Jotun Tome

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It happens from time to time- although I am glad this one’s on the short side. Maybe it’s because we’re supposed to be the spot to discuss the story? But it’s not particularly unusual.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.