Love between a Charr and a Human?

in Lore

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

It’d be nice if there were canon hybrids in Tyria. Here’s why…
Behold the master plan!

Step 1: Take a good-natured if hairy and dim-witted Rox

Step 2: Take a good-natured if hairy and dim-witted Braham

Step 3: Get some 3rd rate /fic action going on up in here.

Step 4: Get a healthy litter of good-natured if hairy and dim-witted cross-species abominations against nature.

Step 5: Show this whole mess to Mordremoth.

Step 6: Mordremoth looks and says “You know what? I f——-g quit.” He then pops off his planty skull cap, scoops out his plant brain, drops it on the ground and stomps on it ’til he dies.

Step 7: Aside from getting similar reactions out of everyone else who sees… PACT VICTORIOUS!

Step 8: Afternoon croissants with Queen Jenna.

gg elder dragons wp

trahearne is determined to be dragon’s champion and used as firewood.

happy ending

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Lore

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Well… I don’t see it impossible – I mean nothing is necessarily IMPOSSIBLE. If you had to look at it from a lore perspective-
You have to realize many humans would judge you very harshly same goes for Charr due to the Searing of Ascalon 200 years or so before gw2- Look at Rytlock and Logan, and then look at Gwen and Pyre from Gw1 it’s the same relationship but it’s more circumstantial in gw1.
It would largely depend on your characters backgrounds. Like say if you from a noble family, you would be expected to carry on the family name being married to another aristocrat and it would be highly looked down upon if you were to come out as a couple to the noble court, you’d definitely be the talk of the town.
If his Charr was from an outcast no name gladium it would be possible and maybe more accepted, but his warband may greatly disapprove & best case scenario might take the stance of “just keep it out of my sight” type deal. You also have your separatists those who are against the Charr-Human treaty and your intimate relationship, if ever found out by a supporter of the terrorist group would become a prime target probably ending in the persecution/ murder of either him or the both of you- (in a real life GW perspective.)
Also what brought you two together? A Charr wouldn’t find attractive in what humans find attractive in each other such as ‘Large eyes, small wastes in females, perfect teeth, toned muscles. etc’ Charr look more of the traits of their partners such as ‘Strength, Honor and leadership’ rather than aesthetic looks. Sex wouldn’t be discarded from the table it’s where you want to take it between you two. I don’t think it would be painful either – even though Charr are cat-like beasts I don’t believe they have the same anatomical qualities of a male cat causing mating to be… painful.
Asura would judge you heavily and probably want to look at you both from a scientific standpoint and try to determine what abnormalities attracted you to each other. Maybe even want to examine your brain waves through dissection and use you as some sort of example.
Humans would show great prejudice and maybe some curiosity and view you two as having some sort of ‘kink’ Charr I believe would be the same on some level in some degree.
Sylvari wouldn’t mind your relationship and would probably use it as an example of ‘Love has no bounds’ and Norn definitely wouldn’t hold either of you as strange since they tend to be more carefree and “The more the merrier” type.

Still your relationship would be out of the norm, but that’s what life is partially about – taking the next step forward leaving behind the old prejudices.

I play a female Charr and am leaning out of the PvP and Pve parts of the game and have considered RP- I have wondered this.

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Well… I don’t see it impossible – I mean nothing is necessarily IMPOSSIBLE. If you had to look at it from a lore perspective-
You have to realize many humans would judge you very harshly same goes for Charr due to the Searing of Ascalon 200 years or so before gw2- Look at Rytlock and Logan, and then look at Gwen and Pyre from Gw1 it’s the same relationship but it’s more circumstantial in gw1.

Actually, Rytlock and Logan got along very well. What caused the split was Logan going to defend Jennah vs staying and helping them at Glint’s Lair. They were friends enough before that point, that Rytlock gave Logan a blood legion emblem and Logan gave him something personal as well. I forget WHAT Logan gave him, but it was something special.
[/quote]

in Lore

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Actually, Rytlock and Logan got along very well. What caused the split was Logan going to defend Jennah vs staying and helping them at Glint’s Lair. They were friends enough before that point, that Rytlock gave Logan a blood legion emblem and Logan gave him something personal as well. I forget WHAT Logan gave him, but it was something special.

I think it was a scarf or something that Queen Jenna gave him. Lol somebody told me about it in another thread on this subject :p

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

But, I’m not going to really accept a person who is a norn-human hybrid of the current generation. Maybe if somebody gave a really, really good explanation of it. :P

Inquest hybridization experiments?

Step 6: Mordremoth looks and says “You know what? I f——-g quit.” He then pops off his planty skull cap, scoops out his plant brain, drops it on the ground and stomps on it ’til he dies.

Reminds me of the Furry Force XD

in Lore

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

i think one problem, with humanxcharr, regardless of the biological differences and the probably pretty painful experience for the human (I suppose intercourse between charr is not the most gentle business) and the barely overcome conflicts between the races, is that they very likely have very different beliefs when it comes to romance and partnership.
For humans marriage-like partnerships and family living together and having a relatively close emotional bond seems to be the rule and culturally wanted, while charr’s main family is the fahrar and later the warband and their legion. relationships between family members or partners exist but often they are not as close or more casual.
I suppose that ould be very difficult to compromise , if the partners aren’t out of the norm for their race and culture.

I don’t say it couldn’t happen, there are people attracted to other species in the real world too, but it would be very unlikely and probably heavily frowned about by a lot of people of the respective races.