M.O.X.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I had a thought today, what happened to M.O.X. Seeing as he is a G.O.L.EM. I thought he might still be around. Is there and reference to him, or is he hiding in a corner somewhere?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

I can’t think of any references off the top of my head and I’m pretty sure there aren’t even references to his creator Zinn. That said, we can’t be certain M.O.X. is still functioning after 250 years. He might have been destroyed in battle or his energy source may have depleted entirely. If we get to see him, it will likely be in a non-functioning state.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Seeing how Zinn’s lair was in Maguuma (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zinn's_laboratory) and we are going further into Maguuma… (not sure if we’re going into that part of Maguuma, comparison maps here http://i.imgur.com/hblHbGt.jpg) And Zinn did create MOX… well no reason Tiami couldn’t restart him. Just think he might have interesting anecdotes to share about the hero(s) from GW1.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Seeing how Zinn’s lair was in Maguuma (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Zinn's_laboratory) and we are going further into Maguuma… (not sure if we’re going into that part of Maguuma, comparison maps here http://i.imgur.com/hblHbGt.jpg) And Zinn did create MOX… well no reason Tiami couldn’t restart him. Just think he might have interesting anecdotes to share about the hero(s) from GW1.

Eh. Depends how long he was around the heroes. Even though, what would be the situation that makes him remark about GW1 heroes? :P

M.O.X.

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

Gee Kalavier, you don’t have to be a buzzkill everytime someone mentions references to the GW1 heroes. :P

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I can’t think of any references off the top of my head and I’m pretty sure there aren’t even references to his creator Zinn. That said, we can’t be certain M.O.X. is still functioning after 250 years. He might have been destroyed in battle or his energy source may have depleted entirely. If we get to see him, it will likely be in a non-functioning state.

M.O.X. may still be functioning since there are still golems around 250 years old that still function.

Oola’s Lab is a example where all her Golems she created still worked despite being almost 250 years old. Of course Oola herself is in GW2 as well due to her attaching her Soul into her Golem by infusing necro energy as a power source for her Golems.

If I remember correctly M.O.X. is powered by strong Magic energy as well which is why he can change his form based on his Avatar Stance.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I highly doubt that Oola was 250 years old at any point… an ‘exceptional lifespan’ for asura is 120.

Unless you refer to her postmortem soul-in-a-golem state. Though there’s no evidence of her making more golems after that.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Gee Kalavier, you don’t have to be a buzzkill everytime someone mentions references to the GW1 heroes. :P

I’m fine with references, as long as they fit and aren’t forced.

M.O.X. suddenly mentioning stuff about the GW1 hero seems forced. He came about post EOTN IIRC :P…

M.O.X.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

M.O.X. would know about Beyond exploits though.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

M.O.X. would know about Beyond exploits though.

True, but not really much else personally.

If M.O.X. appears, I hope he looks like he does in GW1. And at least does something in terms of the story.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

hmmmmmmmmmmm I don’t really know much about gw1 history and characters, but the point of the HoT story is to find as many survivors as possible, kill Mordy, and retrieve Glint’s egg. HOWEVER what if the Devs see this post and be like “huh……..many people really love references to gw1 and this golem is a potential reference guide! okay LS S4 M.O.X will return” M.O.X, Scruffy, Mr. Sparkles, and Hero-Tron will be drinking buddies :P

M.O.X.

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

I highly doubt that Oola was 250 years old at any point… an ‘exceptional lifespan’ for asura is 120.

Unless you refer to her postmortem soul-in-a-golem state. Though there’s no evidence of her making more golems after that.

I’m talking about her Necro Powered Golems, not Oola herself.

Her Golems are currently over 250 years old but are still functioning due to their power source been Necro Energy.

Also, I mentioned Oola being in GW2 because her Soul is attached to her Golems. Oola’s Spirit becoming one with her Golem was only a side effect due to it being Necro Energy powering them for the past 250 years.

If I remember correctly M.O.X. used similar energy source but that was only one of his Energy due to the multiple forms he takes on each Avatar state.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

M.O.X.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Also, I mentioned Oola being in GW2 because her Soul is attached to her Golems. Oola’s Spirit becoming one with her Golem was only a side effect due to it being Necro Energy powering them for the past 250 years.

Nah. IIRC, that was actually her goal, at least as it’s said within the little mini-dungeon of her lab in GW2.

M.O.X.

in Lore

BrotherBelial.3094

hmmmmmmmmmmm I don’t really know much about gw1 history and characters, but the point of the HoT story is to find as many survivors as possible, kill Mordy, and retrieve Glint’s egg. HOWEVER what if the Devs see this post and be like “huh……..many people really love references to gw1 and this golem is a potential reference guide! okay LS S4 M.O.X will return” M.O.X, Scruffy, Mr. Sparkles, and Hero-Tron will be drinking buddies :P

So M.O.X, Scruffy MR Sparkles and Hero-Tron DE 3.0?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

M.O.X.

in Lore

BuddhaKeks.4857

Her Golems are currently over 250 years old but are still functioning due to their power source been Necro Energy.

If I remember correctly M.O.X. used similar energy source but that was only one of his Energy due to the multiple forms he takes on each Avatar state.

I don’t think Oola’s Golems are over 250 years old, she might as well build them decades after we met her. It’s saver to say they are over 200 years old. Besides those are special circumstances, as those were on one hand special Golems created with necromantic energy, this could make them more long lived for all we know and second they were in her lab, so in a confined area, without too much environmental threats. We don’t know were M.O.X. ended up, but as I said before, he might as well have been destroyed in battle, considering he was a Golem build exactly for that.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Power wise mox may still be around and working. The avatar forms where energies channeled from the gods. For something to be able to replicate the power would mean it has a massive power source or it can tap directly into that source which would mean it has an almost limitless supply. While the gods are not withing the world any longer their power still is as is evident in the personal story where we summon a minion of grenth

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

M.O.X.

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

That would make a interesting Season 3 side story or at least for some comedy relief.

Though it would be nice to have a GW1 character involved as a Main character. Ogden is too busy in the Priory now due to being one of the higher ranked members (though I wonder after 250 years he understands the Norm yet), Razah’s fate is currently Unknown but we know he can live forever due to being a Entity of the Mist, and Livia we don’t know what happened to her but there are rumors and ghost stories about her.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

M.O.X.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

There are dozens of ancient golems out and about, actually. Not just Oola’s.

Dear ANet writers,

M.O.X.

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

There are dozens of ancient golems out and about, actually. Not just Oola’s.

That why I said " there are still golems around 250 years old that still function." in my first post.

I used Oola’s Golem as a example of one of the many Golem types still functioning for over 250 years.

Not to rude but I feel like you’re missing a lot of things I mentioned in my first post and just skimmed through it.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

M.O.X.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I did not take your two posts in the same context, thst being due to them being separated posts, that was all.

And you have two things wrong. First, Oola’s golems aren’t over 250 years old. She didn’t use necromancy in GW1 (even in Beyond), and GW2 began 247 years after Oola is met. But here I’m just nitpicking.

The other is M.O.X.’s energy. He utilized standard energy but with dual power cores. There was nothing else special about him or what allowed him to take on the avatars powers. That was never actually given context. He just could.

Dear ANet writers,

M.O.X.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

I remember disliking Oola and Gadd in Gw1. Gadd was supposedly teaching Livia necromancy stuff, but ingame was an ele. His garb was very necromancer style as well…

Oola on the other hand, came across quite clearly to me as an elementalist, yet was a necromancer in skills. :P

M.O.X.

in Lore

BrotherBelial.3094

I remember disliking Oola and Gadd in Gw1. Gadd was supposedly teaching Livia necromancy stuff, but ingame was an ele. His garb was very necromancer style as well…

Oola on the other hand, came across quite clearly to me as an elementalist, yet was a necromancer in skills. :P

Maybe Gadd was a necro/ele, you could be that after all in GW.

M.O.X.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Destiny’s Rusty-Edge?

Power wise mox may still be around and working.

Well since he’s a robot his power-level isn’t really much of a issue. If his batteries are empty you can just pop a new one in.