Mesmer Collective

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Who are these people, or what info do we have about them? It came up doing the living story for me, since I’m a mesmer myself. (not sure if that’s a requirement, but most likely)

It’s a safe guess that Countess Anise is possible member.

Attachments:

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Mhm, I am a Mesmer as well but overlooked that.

Other than that it could be a nother jab at the community, who noticed that some high profile characters like Queen Jenna and Anise are Mesmer.
Then we got the supposedly powerful Kasmeer (which actually gets me wondering why Anise seem to have an eye on her… nah, i put it on the list).

Overall it could be just a joke

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Obviously, the Mesmer Collective is secretly a front for the Shining Blade, and Kasmeer is an elite operative sent to keep an eye on Marjory and the Player.

#gw2conspiracytheories #tinfoilhat

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: MaxTNT.3154

MaxTNT.3154

It makes sense to me that outstanding members of a certain profession would band together, albeit loosely, to advance/develop/understand said profession. They could also teach each other about whichever aspect of the magic school they master. Compare it to real life scientists. (Outstanding) members in a certain field will meet up at conventions/symposiums and read and write in the same journals. By supporting each other they can achieve much more then just on their own(and it avoids double work/research).
One Mesmer might be excellent at creating Illusions while another might master Mantra’s. They could help each other and through the co-operation develop new skills never seen before.

Besides the Mesmer Collective I can totally see that there would be a Necromancer Cabal or an Elementalist Circle. but ofc, this could also transcend the scholar classes with things like the Thieves Guild and such…

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I have fond memories of Tanker Tuesdays in CoH…

Maybe somebody should organize a Mesmer Monday here. :-D

The table is a fable.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Shanaeri’s been arranging mesmer meetups since the early GW1 days, so maybe she was the founder?

More seriously, though, we’ve had mentions of a mesmer community before. There was an interview at one point where the devs mentioned that illusions that can only be seen by the victim (as most of them were in GW1) still exist – however, the mesmer community these days keeps that as a secret that is only taught to trusted members, in order to avoid a conspiracy theory backlash about what mesmers MIGHT be doing with such an ability.

The first in-game reference, though, was in the leadup to Tower of Nightmares – the reason for Kasmeer and Marjory to be there was that Kasmeer was sent to investigate by the Collective. Marjory was just along for the ride in that one, at least initially.

And yeah, I have a suspicion myself that it might well be a front for the Shining Blade. There’s a lot of mesmerpower in the royalist faction…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

There will be cliques of nobles who know each other socially and share the same skills from the same teachers. This likely to be the case for the mesmers. We don’t know whether this clique is more than that, also acting as a secret organization, or whether it is just friends helping friends.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Is the mention for all mesmers, or just human mesmers?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

The OP is a sylvari mesmer, so that dialogue comes up for non-human mesmers. It could be that in practise it’s humans that control the Collective, though.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It is marvelous to see so many mesmers together in one thread.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

So you only have one place to wipe out? :P

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Aeron Draxynnus

She can blow it up all she likes. I’ll be over here… dancing…

It’s not that she has a death wish. She just finds it amusing when someone tries to kill her illusions.

And even more so when someone tries and fails.

Attachments:

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Laughs omniously

Haha, by all means, continue your little gathering, darlings.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Laughs omniously

Haha, by all means, continue your little gathering, darlings.

But how will you know what to hit when there are three conferences happening at once, each with exactly the same attendants?

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That is a good point. I’ll ask my husband to send three packages, instead of just one. If one of them accidentally happens to be a Quaggan Conference… well…. acceptable collateral damage.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Aeron Draxynnus

Ozzie’s going to be providing the packages? This is just getting better and better!

Now, now, Aeron, that isn’t very nice.

Aeron Draxynnus

Oh, come on, this is going to be HILARIOUS!!! Only thing that could make it better is if we threw in some of those Grentch-presents from the family vaults.

No. Those are important historical relics!

Aeron Draxynnus

Spoilsport. Think what we could get by selling tickets! Just imagine it, all those illusions popping off one by one from whatever craziness Ozzie puts in those packages, and humbugs and Grentches running around just adding to the pandemonium… it’d be comedy GOLD!!!

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

kitten , as a B5 fan, Mesmer Collective reads too me very much like the Psi Corps… I’m naturally very sceptic, even though I have a mesmer alt who wants to be part of this

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Who are these people, or what info do we have about them? It came up doing the living story for me, since I’m a mesmer myself. (not sure if that’s a requirement, but most likely)

It’s a safe guess that Countess Anise is possible member.

That dialogue pops up on any of my chars, regardless of race and prof it it helps

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

as a B5 fan, Mesmer Collective reads too me very much like the Psi Corps… I’m naturally very sceptic,

I’m right there with you. They have Psi Corps written all over them. I am naturally distrusting of them and their illusions and deception.

even though I have a mesmer alt who wants to be part of this

I didn’t hear any of that.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

My mesmer Xangg would probably join…

Just to try to mess with their minds himself. See how good his own mindkittens go when pitted against a mesmer collective. And pin any of his actions – discovered or not – on other mesmers… Chaos. Chaos everywhere.

Then again, he did end up being the future world’s Grand High Sovereign, supposedly.

On an aside, “Mesmer Collective” kind of sounds rather Borgish to me. “You will join the Collective. You have no say in the matter. One of us. One of us.”

Dear ANet writers,

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Psi Corps? Those amateurs? Please. Technomages.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Hmm… maybe we should have an Alfred Bester look-a-like contest in GW2.

Technomages though… hmm, we need the chronomancer in GW2 first before that contest.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Flip’s his hair, crosses his legs, laughing seductively

My dear Mesmers, do you really believe its called The Mesmer Collective? Oh come now dears, if you are a Mesmer, you must surely know we will not jus let ANYONE know of our beloved group. We are more classy than that yes?

Walks away grinning and strutting

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

Speaking of mesmers, I find it hilarious that I rarely see charr mesmers when the PS of charrs have plenty of mesmers.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Hrrrmn. There’s the dishonourable father, and Soure Doomsday in the Blood Legion arc (which appears to be a error, since the dialogue calls him a necromancer). Are there others I’m missing?

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Soure Doomsday is a necromancer. I’ve seen him using blood siphoning skills. Mesmers don’t blood siphon. He’s a Blood Magic user.

Dear ANet writers,

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

So the wiki is particularly wrong then. I haven’t played that arc since, well, beta weekends before the first character reset. Either way, that’s one less charr mesmer in the Personal Story.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, Soure Doomsday was ANet flubbing up. He’s a Necromancer, but Rytlock mistakenly refers to him as a Mesmer, which is where the confusion arose. His skills in PS instances clearly show him as a Necromancer, however.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I might be misremembering, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Soure Doomsday use a Mesmer-y looking invisibility skill when you first meet him, giving him the purple-y translucent look of Mesmer invisibility skills. This was back during BWE1 though, so that might even have been changed.

Speaking of Charr and this so called “Mesmer Collective”, I would assume there to be no Charr in this organization, due to the very strict loyalty to the Legions that the Charr have. Sharing secrets with a Charr will likely mean that that information will be shared with other Charr for the interests of the Legions. Additionally Charr Mesmers in GW1 did not really use Illusion spells anyways, heavily favouring Domination, so its not like there would have already been a great deal of Illusion magic understanding existing in the Charr Legions anyways.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I might be misremembering, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Soure Doomsday use a Mesmer-y looking invisibility skill when you first meet him, giving him the purple-y translucent look of Mesmer invisibility skills. This was back during BWE1 though, so that might even have been changed.

Breaking news, Soure Doomsday is now being shunned from the Necromancer Collective.

Mesmer Collective

in Lore

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Speaking of Charr and this so called “Mesmer Collective”, I would assume there to be no Charr in this organization, due to the very strict loyalty to the Legions that the Charr have. Sharing secrets with a Charr will likely mean that that information will be shared with other Charr for the interests of the Legions. Additionally Charr Mesmers in GW1 did not really use Illusion spells anyways, heavily favouring Domination, so its not like there would have already been a great deal of Illusion magic understanding existing in the Charr Legions anyways.

NPC’s are not bound to professions, they ofcourse are associated with one. But NPC’s can use any skill in the game, even from other professions.