Mord gonna use Glint egg to kill other elder?

in Lore

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

pure speculation, watched the video again about the pale tree vision.

(was scarlets desire to see mordremoth wipe out the other elder dragons? i still dont see why she wanted to wake up mordremoth)

seems in the vision that ion cannons are attacking kralkatorrik from glints realm while it tries to dodge the beams you see a golden egg (i assume) being wrapped up by primordius roots, like it has something to do with it.

maybe kralkatorrik is coming soon to living story, perhaps this is the climax of season 2. not mordremoths death but rather his ascension to most powerful elder dragon by being the first to kill and absorb another.

in Lore

Equilibriator.8741

oh, and pale tree was a dragon champion of Mordremoth and thats why he had her slain (like a destroyer queen, shes capable of creating minions). Just like kralkatorrik had glint slain asap. no one likes having their strength turned into a weakness and this is why glints egg can be used to somehow kill kralkatorrik. (crystals, lasers, seems to fit)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Ceara (aka Scarlet Briar) was corrupted by Mordremoth it seems. She wanted to wake Mordremoth because she was turned/turning into a minion. With sylvari, Mordremoth can corrupt them, but it shows as a battle if wills – schizophrenia, effectively.

I don’t think Mordy is after using the egg, but killing it – perhaps to steal any magic within it.

The Dragon in the vision is not Kralkatorrik but the Shadow of the Dragon. Both the Shadow of the Dragon and the vines seem to be trying to get st the egg, but the beams of light seem to keep it at bay.

There is still nothing to suggest the Pale Tree to be Mordy’s champion. In the recent release, Aerin is said to have called the Pale Tree and Dreamers ‘the Hive’. This may be relevant to the opposition that the Elder Dragons show to sylvari (Mordremoth may have attacked directly, but Zhaitan’s assaults on the Tarnished Coast only began after Riannoc’s death it seems).

In fact, all Mordrem look drastically different from both the Pale Tree and sylvari. If anything, though there is no statement of such, we pretty much have visual confirmation of no relation.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Equilibriator.8741

Ceara (aka Scarlet Briar) was corrupted by Mordremoth it seems. She wanted to wake Mordremoth because she was turned/turning into a minion. With sylvari, Mordremoth can corrupt them, but it shows as a battle if wills – schizophrenia, effectively.

I don’t think Mordy is after using the egg, but killing it – perhaps to steal any magic within it.

The Dragon in the vision is not Kralkatorrik but the Shadow of the Dragon. Both the Shadow of the Dragon and the vines seem to be trying to get st the egg, but the beams of light seem to keep it at bay.

beams of light could be the stasis it currently is in, free from influence?

(my problem with scarlet is that if shes nuts and trying to free mordremoth, why would the krait, etc, continue to help her?)

i do think though, that this current living story might be more about the elder dragons trying to kill each other, rather than the standard mo of killing and absorbing everything magical. Their cycle has no purpose if they just wipe everything out then sleep (yet still the minions fight each other). I think this because they wouldnt fight each other if they didnt have something to gain from each others death, they would just stick to their own areas and feed and sleep forever as a nice little family. In the end, if they always just gain magic and then lose it all anyway, it seems like they might be after a higher purpose than sleep, wake, eat, sleep. like the other elder dragons are stopping each other from doing something bigger than they currently are achieving

(also, can u prevent an elder dragon from awakening by keeping its ambient magic levels from dropping? perhaps by pumping magic into it while it sleeps. Primordius awoke and the asurans were using it for power, sapping it quicker, cant hibernate if hungry to quickly)

(edited by Equilibriator.8741)

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Because they Kraits were also effected by something and/or she promised them stuff that they really wanted/needed.
It is rather unlikely that she did tell them her endgame though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The others clearly didn’t know the goal of her plan, and Angel McCoy stated that the foci alliance had their minds messed with – they weren’t thinking straight.

And given some similarities I’m seeing between Mordrem and the Tower of Nightmares, I think that mind messing was Mordremoth’s subtle influence.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Equilibriator.8741

Because they Kraits were also effected by something and/or she promised them stuff that they really wanted/needed.

considering the krait were driven from their homes by a watery tentacled “something” id have thought they would think twice about aiding someone attacking someone elses home with a giant drill :P.

in Lore

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

considering the krait were driven from their homes by a watery tentacled “something” id have thought they would think twice about aiding someone attacking someone elses home with a giant drill :P.

Your first mistake is attempting to apply logic/morality to a race made of nothing but xenophobic religious fanatics who practice slavery by shoving air breathing creatures into cramped cages below the seas.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Your first mistake is attempting to apply logic/morality to a race made of nothing but xenophobic religious fanatics who practice slavery by shoving air breathing creatures into cramped cages below the seas.

Also they’re reptiles so they probably don’t have some of the higher brain functionality found in mammals. So they’re probably not driven by particularly complicated ideas.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Krait are very smart, particularly with mathematics and the like. So I wouldn’t be so sure on that. Especially since the Forgotten, also snake beings, acted as custodians of the world for a time.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

As usual we seem to be being told a lot of intentions without any proper explanation for them. I’ve no idea why anyone in the story is assuming that Mordremoth wants to kill this egg.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Shadow of the Dragon was hovering around the egg and pushed off by a beam of light in the vision. And the crystals it lowers into shatter to depict a huge growth of vines.

Then there was how Aerin, corrupted by Mordremoth, was after what the Master of Peace had. And he, apparently, had the egg with him.

Mordremoth is targeting the egg. This is for sure. Why is the question.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Probably because it is full of magic? ^^
It might not know what it is, only that it contains a tasty meal.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Mordremoth is targeting the egg. This is for sure. Why is the question.

I think to corrupt the baby dragon and have another champion

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

Assuming Elder dragons don’t attack each other because that is too dangerous, why wouldn’t Mord attack the egg?

It’s a totally new potential future ‘rival’ for magic and it’s vulnerable.

in Lore

Equilibriator.8741

Assuming Elder dragons don’t attack each other because that is too dangerous, why wouldn’t Mord attack the egg?

It’s a totally new potential future ‘rival’ for magic and it’s vulnerable.

from what i read, the dragons themselves dont attack each other but the minions do. From what i can tell the elder dragons seem to be able to retain their minions even after they bleed out heaps of magic during what is essentially hibernation when they have consumed all the magic in the world.

Seems like each dragon is fighting for true power over the others, because then they get more magic/strength for themselves. Kind of like a highlander deal, there can be only one :P

A dragon egg seems like a pretty useful ally and somehow this eggs light held of a shadow dragon in the vision. Whether or not Mordy just wants to absorb it or enslave it i dont know and cant really tell as we have so little info :/

in Lore

Equilibriator.8741

sorry for bumping my own thread but the recent trailer made me want to say this:

i think the egg might be taken to Glints crystal place. you know, to take advantage of what glint left behind, ion cannons, crystals, egg. in many movies and games, crystals can be used to purify energy into beams (real life as well i guess).

the vision seemed to make that obvious if you ask me.

also, people told me the dragon in the vision that is being deterred by lasers was the shadow elder dragon, but it looks similar to the dragon weve seen in the recent trailer.

[tl:dr] were gonna get egg, take it to crystal place, almost kill the dragon in the trailer, then mordremoth is gonna interrupt us and do something to the egg.

in Lore

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

sorry for bumping my own thread but the recent trailer made me want to say this:

i think the egg might be taken to Glints crystal place. you know, to take advantage of what glint left behind, ion cannons, crystals, egg. in many movies and games, crystals can be used to purify energy into beams (real life as well i guess).

the vision seemed to make that obvious if you ask me.

also, people told me the dragon in the vision that is being deterred by lasers was the shadow elder dragon, but it looks similar to the dragon weve seen in the recent trailer.

[tl:dr] were gonna get egg, take it to crystal place, almost kill the dragon in the trailer, then mordremoth is gonna interrupt us and do something to the egg.

Glint’s lair (the crystal place) isn’t located where the MAster of Peace s heading with the egg, it’s quite far from it really

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Aye, the Master of Peace is heading away from Glint’s lair.

He seems to be heading to Bloodstone Fen. Perhaps his goal is to let it soak up the Bloodstone’s magic.

Aside from the most-trecherous landscape in Tyria (Ring of Fire), it’s the only one we know where it really is. Yes, there’s Bloodstone Caves, but that place seems sealed up – who knows what the asura did with it. Maybe that bloodstone is the source of all this dust spread across the world (cuz it’s a lot of dust).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

i do think though, that this current living story might be more about the elder dragons trying to kill each other, rather than the standard mo of killing and absorbing everything magical. Their cycle has no purpose if they just wipe everything out then sleep (yet still the minions fight each other). I think this because they wouldnt fight each other if they didnt have something to gain from each others death, they would just stick to their own areas and feed and sleep forever as a nice little family. In the end, if they always just gain magic and then lose it all anyway, it seems like they might be after a higher purpose than sleep, wake, eat, sleep. like the other elder dragons are stopping each other from doing something bigger than they currently are achieving

Why? Do you do serve a purpose higher than “wake, eat, work, sleep”? Why do the dragons HAVE to have a purpose greater than this?

in Lore

Equilibriator.8741

Why? Do you do serve a purpose higher than “wake, eat, work, sleep”? Why do the dragons HAVE to have a purpose greater than this?

because there is too much coordination in their existence (all similar yet different in nature, different elements and all that jazz) for their not to be a goal or purpose. obviously that doesn’t make me right but it seems plausible.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Them having a “goal” does not necessarily mean it is to be the same as “their purpose”. They merely have to be thinking, individual, free willed beings to desire something that is not what their biological makeup requires.

Like how humans seek out happiness, power, money, etc. Such is unrelated to the individual and species ingrained ‘instincts’ (if you will) of eating, sleeping, and reproducing.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Equilibriator.8741

Them having a “goal” does not necessarily mean it is to be the same as “their purpose”. They merely have to be thinking, individual, free willed beings to desire something that is not what their biological makeup requires.

Like how humans seek out happiness, power, money, etc. Such is unrelated to the individual and species ingrained ‘instincts’ (if you will) of eating, sleeping, and reproducing.

but if these elders are working on base instinct (or impulse or whatever) how can they be so intelligent as to manipulate norn n stuff with promises of power (jormag) or are capable of strategic planning and attacking (assault of LA in original pesonal story where that place close to LA is attacked before LA, and you defend LA with some stupid god of war ability).

they are capable of this kind of thinking but we are supposed to believe they aren’t thinking about the biggest problem each one faces? Until recently, no elder dragon has ever died, mass extinction over and over again with only one real constant, the elder dragons. Their biggest weakness, is each other. Can’t imagine they are ok with that.

they will remember each other, they will be scared of each other and above all else, when presented with an opportunity, they will seek to kill each other.

we are the food/resource within each territory and they are fighting over us indirectly.

(edited by Equilibriator.8741)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Is a human who seeks to eat every day not capable of manipulating an entire company to create a product of his choosing, firing and hiring individuals at his whim, and in the human’s life, produce offspring (or “kids” if you prefer)

Of course one can, if they’re a CEO.

So why then, must an Elder Dragon be incapable of performing base instinct such as consumption, but also have more sophisticated goals and actions like manipulating many individuals with promises of their desires?

Is it because they’re not human, that they cannot be just as smart as humans?

As a human eats food at a common three times a day, sleeps every night, and will often produce children in life, so too do Elder Dragons eat magic while awake, sleep for 10,000 years (or 3,000 depending on whether you accept the Priory’s claim that conflicts with the established age of dwarven and Forgotten civilization), and create dragon minions throughout their awakenings. But in both cases, there is more than the more primal instincts and needs of survival.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

One tidbit I found really interesting was Marjory’s comment in Hidden Arcana about how Glint claimed that the Elder Dragons thought and communicated in something she would “hesitate to call a language”. What might that mean? The Elder Dragons are more creatures of primal emotion and desire (i.e. hunger, anger) and while they are certainly intelligent (perhaps even supra-intelligent), they do not think and perceive the world in the same way we do? Much as how a creature that was completely blind and deaf, but with a phenomenal sense of smell, would perceive the world in ways we can’t even comprehend?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Ogden said that, not Marjory. :P

And I think talking to Logan and Eir rather answers that in the first instance of Episode 6.

Logan: When she spoke, it was in your head, accompanied by the sound of crystalline wind chimes in harmonious tones.

Eir: Not exactly. She spoke to us with her mind. That was her gift and the reason she loved Tyrians. She could read our minds. She knew our goodness.

Though they stress – probably the writers wanting to prevent confusion – that the speaking via mind was something unique to Glint.

Though, interestingly, Edge of Destiny makes zero mention of Glint speaking into their mind, but with an actual voice. And GW1 has her mouth moving when she spoke. (And I really wouldn’t call the old crone voice she had in GW1 “the sound of crystalline wind chimes in harmonious tones”).

Dear ANet writers,