Mursaat

Mursaat

in Lore

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

Who is interested in fighting the Mursaat? With the Fractals addition, more specifically the Giant map, it gives me the feeling of fighting the White Mantle or Mursaat followers. It also has the scenery of Janthir Bay (even though it was never opened for players, based off the map)

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

Mursaat

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

What do you mean the scenery of Janthir Bay? From what we can tell on the map the Isle of Janthir is a barren volcanic rock much like the ring of fire islands.

Mursaat

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

He probably means the mainland coast of Janthir Bay. But I disagree and say that the foliage is reminiscent of Pongmei Valley.

’Sides, even the mainland coast of Janthir Bay… no one knows what kind of foliage is there.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Mursaat

in Lore

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

Exactly, it just has a Mursaat feeling though

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

Mursaat

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I fail to see such a “mursaat feeling” to it.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Mursaat

in Lore

Posted by: WarriorOfAsgard.3705

WarriorOfAsgard.3705

I’m with Konig on this one. All the times I’ve done this fractal I’ve never seen anything that points to the mursaat or the White Mantle. To me it’s more of a giant colossus held captive by generic human cultists. POSSIBLY in the Maguuma Jungle or somewhere in Cantha. It could just as easily have been an event in the distant past or future that we do not have any knowledge of and could be something that took place on a continent that we do not know about.

Mursaat

in Lore

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Who is interested in fighting the Mursaat? With the Fractals addition, more specifically the Giant map, it gives me the feeling of fighting the White Mantle or Mursaat followers. It also has the scenery of Janthir Bay (even though it was never opened for players, based off the map)

I got a similar feeling at first, but now I’ve come over to Konig’s view. At first I thought the Archdiviner’s looked a lot like the White Mantle Ritualists and the scenary reminded me of the Northern coast of Kryta from GW1.

After running through the dungeon a few more times I’m much more convinced we’re looking at a Shing Jea/Pong Mei Valley setting. The Archdiviners and Novices seem to resemble Am Fah fairly closely and they count as “Bandits” in your Slayer achievment tabs. The foliage + presence of bamboo-like flora is very reminiscent of east asia/Cantha and the seals all possess Asian-style symbols which are similar to the Canthan alphabet from GW1

The Battle Bakery [vPie]