My theory on what the Eternal Alchemy is

in Lore

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Or more specifically, how this whole “System” works, based on theories, knowledge, and what we saw in that cutscene.

Specifically, my theory is that Tyria, the universe, is a Magic Producer. Within the core of it it produces magic continuously, eternally, without end. However, it can only contain so much. Like any container, eventually the magic will reach the barriers containing it and burst out, destroying Tyria and the contents, and spreading the magic across the Mists.

Here’s where the dragons come in. When Tyria reaches a certain level of “Magic fullness”, it lets off little spurts… little leaks. Not enough to stop it filling, but enough for the failsafes to activate.

Cue the dragons, who upon sensing the magic, activate and try to siphon out that energy to their worlds. While I am unsure how this affects their worlds, their realms, their domains, what it does is drain Tyria of magic to keep it from blowing apart at the seams. The dragons are simply their vessels from which they drain the magic. The conduits they siphon with.

And then we get to what we saw of Mordremoth in the cutscene… of Mordremoth merging with Tyria. I think he is trying to merge his realm with Tyria’s, and he may have been planning this for some time. He wants HIS realm to be that producer, that magic source. And a merging of realms has been seen once before, with Abaddon. I do not think the other dragons will approve of this, as it too is probably a breaking of the Way Things are Meant to Be.

Regardless, that is what I see as the “Eternal Alchemy” in a way.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

here’s the problem… it’s not a theory if it doesn’t really has a basis. there’s no information to back up the realms, tyria producing magic, dragons transferring energy back to “their realms”, etc.

in fact, there’s evidence to the contrary. all evidence in tyria is that magic is a finite resource, an enclosed system, like water on earth. the dragons are sponges, they suck everything while awake, and slowly leak it back while asleep. that much is confirmed. so the whole “dragons draining magic from tyria to sustain their realms of origin” idea is debunked right there, as well as tyria being a “producer”. nothing is created, nothing is lost, everything transforms. and all that stuff.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

If we take it into a bigger picture, it’ll still fit. The dragons siphon the magic into their mist and there are the creators, which form a new planet/star and through galactical transformation it comes back to Tyria (sunlight, stardust, etc all is magic). It is never said how they leak it back while asleep.

And then we get to what we saw of Mordremoth in the cutscene… of Mordremoth merging with Tyria. I think he is trying to merge his realm with Tyria’s, and he may have been planning this for some time. He wants HIS realm to be that producer, that magic source. And a merging of realms has been seen once before, with Abaddon. I do not think the other dragons will approve of this, as it too is probably a breaking of the Way Things are Meant to Be.

I don’t go with this part. Waiting for more infos, but at the moment it’s just an assumption from player/PC.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

It is never said how they leak it back while asleep.

It radiates off them when they’re asleep. The Asura in EotN were using the magic Primordus was radiating to power their gate system. They just thought he was huge magically statue, and they didn’t question it.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

If we take it into a bigger picture, it’ll still fit. The dragons siphon the magic into their mist and there are the creators, which form a new planet/star and through galactical transformation it comes back to Tyria (sunlight, stardust, etc all is magic). It is never said how they leak it back while asleep.

that would be the stupidest design flaw, even if the theory held water. it would be (i really need to stop with the analogies) like an oil pumping station that leaks the oil back underground when turned off.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

that would be the stupidest design flaw, even if the theory held water. it would be (i really need to stop with the analogies) like an oil pumping station that leaks the oil back underground when turned off.

This is actually the case with dragon descriptions. Eat magic like a vacuum cleaner and leak it out while sleeping. No further intention except gather power for an extended nap. They are part of something bigger is hinted in the actual story and I assume that they are working for the six. So why we are fighting them and they us if hiding away is a possibility to survive? Take into account the bloodstones which are probably created to leave some magic in drained Tyria accessable for the minor races. The gods decided that only the humans should have access. Why? The gods probably create a new world and Tyria is their energy source for it. I just try to tie the several strings together to get the bigger picture. Are the bloodstones important? Yes. Are the magical schools messed up? Yes. With the eterrnal alchemy we’ve seen the construct how our world should work, but there are severe problems around. You talk about jade sea thawing, but everywhere in the world mountains shrink, water level rises, areas become marshy and areas melt. You think dragons are the problem? I have some bad news for you.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You talk about jade sea thawing, but everywhere in the world mountains shrink, water level rises, areas become marshy and areas melt. You think dragons are the problem? I have some bad news for you.

Global warming: Tyria’s Inconvenient Truth?

in Lore

Posted by: Pants Are Dangerous.2079

Pants Are Dangerous.2079

So far all we have seen of this eternal alchemy is six colored orbs rotating around a larger central one.

My theories is to look at these orbs not as dragons, deities or locations but rather as forces that exist and cycle. Dragons, the human gods and other deities are just beings who know and use these forces. One could expand to say that when these forces rise they wake dragons or other entity who feed of these forces.

As the creator of Tequatl when Zhaitan died he no longer controlled or restricted the the powers of Tequatl hence the living story “Rise of Tequatl”.

Also the human gods have been so little featured that I wonder if they have anything to do with the dragon.

Please tell me what you think

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

This is actually the case with dragon descriptions. Eat magic like a vacuum cleaner and leak it out while sleeping. No further intention except gather power for an extended nap. They are part of something bigger is hinted in the actual story and I assume that they are working for the six. So why we are fighting them and they us if hiding away is a possibility to survive? Take into account the bloodstones which are probably created to leave some magic in drained Tyria accessable for the minor races. The gods decided that only the humans should have access. Why? The gods probably create a new world and Tyria is their energy source for it. I just try to tie the several strings together to get the bigger picture. Are the bloodstones important? Yes. Are the magical schools messed up? Yes. With the eterrnal alchemy we’ve seen the construct how our world should work, but there are severe problems around. You talk about jade sea thawing, but everywhere in the world mountains shrink, water level rises, areas become marshy and areas melt. You think dragons are the problem? I have some bad news for you.

the dragons eating and then leaking out is nature. we eat, we poop, something eats our poop, something eats that thing, we eat that something, repeat. dragons consume all magic in a cycle not unlike any other cycle in nature. hell, the words “starving” and “hibernating” are used to describe it.

the problem we as tyrians have is that they’re like locust cranked up to 11. they destroy everything and that includes us, and, to our knowledge, we’d be better off if they didn’t exist, so we try to kill them to protect ourselves.

there are no “other realms” the dragons send their magic to. there are probably no ulterior motives either.

also, the jade sea is an inland sea with no connection to the ocean. it also happens that “thawed” is its natural state, it got turned into jade by an kitten and now it’s going back to normal. the dragons aren’t fighting tyrian global warming.

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

So far all we have seen of this eternal alchemy is six colored orbs rotating around a larger central one.

My theories is to look at these orbs not as dragons, deities or locations but rather as forces that exist and cycle. Dragons, the human gods and other deities are just beings who know and use these forces. One could expand to say that when these forces rise they wake dragons or other entity who feed of these forces.

As the creator of Tequatl when Zhaitan died he no longer controlled or restricted the the powers of Tequatl hence the living story “Rise of Tequatl”.

Also the human gods have been so little featured that I wonder if they have anything to do with the dragon.

Please tell me what you think

read your in-game journal. the six smaller orbs are dragons.