New Evon Gnashblade Conversation

in Lore

Posted by: Mortifact.3102

Mortifact.3102

So I was walking around LA when I ran into Evon walking outside the TP! I was shocked to see him so I chatted him up and was surprised to see new chat options and maybe hints at future living story?

1. He’s still mad about the election go figure
2. The chat can tell I voted for him and that’s awesome
3. He suggests that Scarlet will soon send a kittenault on LA and Keil is not prepared. Is this how we will end Scarlets storyline? I last grand battle in LA?

in Lore

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Battle for Lions Arch 2? That would be cool!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Lore

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Battle for Lions Arch 2? That would be cool!

YES! That would be awesome for sure. In gw1 it was a quite challenging mission, I would love to see something similar in gw2.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Lore

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

“Scarlett’s Minions are invading Lion’s Arch” I can see it now.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Only if they make it an instance, because otherwise it will be the same giant stutterfest again like with the attack of the Karka on Lion’s Arch.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Well…

If Scarlet does invade Lion’s Arch, Evon is a shoe in if another Captain dies. It will also appease all the Evon support. Minus the FoA fractal though.

in Lore

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Only if they make it an instance, because otherwise it will be the same giant stutterfest again like with the attack of the Karka on Lion’s Arch.

Of course, I think Anet got that the Karka zergfest wasn’t a good idea.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Of course, I think Anet got that the Karka zergfest wasn’t a good idea.

Likely why the aetherblade invasion(s) were all instanced.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Well…

If Scarlet does invade Lion’s Arch, Evon is a shoe in if another Captain dies. It will also appease all the Evon support. Minus the FoA fractal though.

Even if that happens, I expect it will be a while off. After all, we are only just now starting to see a hint of the story repercussions of our vote. They’ll need to make something important happen, something that clearly wouldn’t have happened if we picked Evon, before they throw him on the Council anyway.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That’d be like saying that the Crown Pavilion and Tower of Nightmares were stutterfests. :P

Depending on how the invasion is done. If we see the actual invasion (we better), it’d be instance most likely. But afterward we may have Lion’s Arch turned into a hostile zone rather than a city… which would be interesting.

Well…

Even if that happens, I expect it will be a while off. After all, we are only just now starting to see a hint of the story repercussions of our vote. They’ll need to make something important happen, something that clearly wouldn’t have happened if we picked Evon, before they throw him on the Council anyway.

Evon allied with Scarlet to wipe out Lion’s Arch in spite. Then he’ll return and become Commodore Evon Gnashblade – or so his plan is.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

I voted for Captain Ellen Keil because she was both competent and a Human. I would like to see Captain Keil help the Lion’s Arch – Captain’s Council ensure that an invasion plans again the city be known and the city prepared.

Remember at this point in the GW2 Lore timeline the events of Claw Island (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Battle_of_Claw_Island) are recent events as well as the events of the Aetherblade pirates attempted invasion.

Ellen Keil is now our elected representative – by popular vote. And as such he should be recognised as such. While the losing candidate should remain seen as a repected citizen of Lion’s Arch he should not be seen as a traitor that is planning to support any action against the interest of the city.

I am sure that Captain Keil would wish to continue to work with Evon Gnashblade and other prominent citizens of Lion’s Arch.

(edited by Nicholas S Lin.6187)

in Lore

Posted by: Hopelessalchemist.4816

Hopelessalchemist.4816

I would love for there to be an LA invasion, though it’s puzzling why DR is the only city she’s bothered. I mean, Gendarren Fields was the first place we had to go to after her first appearance during the Queen’s Jubilee and Lion’s Arch is right there. It wouldn’t have been that hard for her to move a little bit to the south and wreak havoc on the city, so why would she wait half a year to occupy LA?
Oh, I know why. Because “it’s all part of the plan.” -_-
Sorry…
Returning to the original point, I’d love for it to be an instanced invasion with tons of stuff to do to fight her off. And I’d rather it be solo, because Scarlet has been exclusively targeting the PC since she showed up. More than one person would’t feel right.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Actually the Aetherblades did attack Lions Arch during the Dragon Bash. So DR is not the only place she has attacked :P

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Evon allied with Scarlet to wipe out Lion’s Arch in spite. Then he’ll return and become Commodore Evon Gnashblade – or so his plan is.

Unlikely. He overthrow his legionnaire because he recognised that trying to dominate Lion’s Arch by force wouldn’t work – I don’t think that’s likely to make him respond to losing an election (by about 10%) by jumping straight to a policy of force after that.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

But he may be quite willing to fund Scarlet from the sidelines and see if she manages to take Lions Arch at which point he could step up. He seems pretty sus.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Hm. Well, while we’re taking Konig’s jest seriously… eh. It’s been done. Remember Grimjaw and Henst?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Hopelessalchemist: She actually had attacked Lion’s Arch previously through the Aetherblades. Remember Mai Trin and Dragonbash? As to why she didn’t assault Lion’s Arch during Queen’s Jubilee… well, why would she? She assaulted the Jubilee on a whim, and was after those Watchknights. Assaulting Lion’s Arch was an unnecessary risk to do – aside from teasing and taunting the Seraph, Shining Blade, and abducting the Watchknights she would then have to deal with the Lionguard and why would she strike two major groups at once? You never want to fight a two-sided war. Too many resources split.

Also, she indirectly (planned to) attack Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel via the Molten Alliance – we just stopped them before they could land their assaults.

@draxynnic: You… do realize that was a jest, right?

But in taking the jest seriously, I think you misunderstand Evon and why helping Scarlet would be in his favor. Aside from spite, if he could land a repeat of Mai Trin’s situation – but larger – and return with helping clear out the city, he’d be in the people’s good favor, and have yet another chance to take a seat in their government. It wouldn’t be trying to dominate Lion’s Arch with brute force, but trying to dominate LA with subterfuge and string-pulling. Using Scarlet to kill his enemies, then see to it she is killed in turn.

Honestly, if Evon is going that route, he would be the alliance Scarlet had made that makes the most sense with proper motivation, prior development, and story plot-twisting – and most of all, a plot twist caused by the playerbase’s own actions.

@Aaron: Though their motivations differed greatly but the notion is rather the same.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

… If Evon Gnashblade allies with Scarlet, then I demand we loot the Black Lion Trading Company when the dust settles and everybody gets 5 Black Lion tickets.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Kiel is wandering around LA too now saying she’s going to go after the Consortium (she seems to have forgotten there’s a crazy nemesis on the loose). I’m guessing that Evon might forgive Kiel if she can bring his competition down.

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

What’s the likelyhood of Evon attempting to bring an alternate Abbadon to Tyria.

ArenaNet has suggested that Evon’s intrest in the Fall of Abbadon isn’t entirely not religious(in other words it’s religious).

How would players react to alternate Abbadon being the next Living Story main villain once Scarlet’s desposed of?

in Lore

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

what if that whole living story path was scarlet trying to see how abbadon was defeated so she could understand how she could claim the power of a god?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The route of the Living Story is meant to have been determined by the fractal that was picked – the difference may have been that with Thaumanova picked we have Evon being bitter and will do something backhanded (which fits his MO perfectly if he can benefit from it); whereas Evon winning may have been Kiel being sent to the foreway to attack Scarlet herself. The Consortium could have ended up the focus for either winner, thus regardless we may end up with a Consortium=enemy sub-plot.

The difference may end up mainly being “the fight is brought to us” with a side of delving into Inquest versus “the fight is brought to her” with a side of delving into Abaddon.

Dear ANet writers,