New Pale Tree dialogue

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: Aethelbert.1497

Aethelbert.1497

(Un)surprisingly, Pale Tree’s dialoge had changed.
Thoughts?

Attachments:

(edited by Aethelbert.1497)

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I find it interesting she mentions Scarlet was still fighting to keep her mind. This implies that whatever was happening to Scarlet was not dragon corruption, as in almost every case, once corrupted you don’t fight against it.

Has anyone checked Biegarth or the inquest Arcane Councillor who had dialogues on Scarlet before?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Then again, every dragon corrupts differently.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Very true, but the “entity” seems to be affecting Scarlet in the way that Jormag corrupts. Which would mean if the entity is Mordremoth or a champion of Mordremoth, you have two dragons corrupting the same…

But that doesn’t happen naturally.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Hmm, not sure about that. Jormag promises power. The Norn crave making their legend, which is why they fall to it so easily.

What do the Sylvari fall prey to? As they are children, I would say fear and primal instinct.

That is, if I understood what you meant.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I was talking about the whole mental corruption. That’s one of the things that differ – how they corrupt. Jormag corrupts via mental persuasion, which is what the Entity was doing to Scarlet over time – the difference is just that Jormag promises power and strength, while the entity showed visions of “death, destruction, and destiny” (aka we don’t know what exactly the entity showed).

The torment, fear, etc. That was all Scarlet resisting it. Then when she looked back at the entity, it showed her visions. And the only description we have of it is those three words: death, destruction, and destiny.

I don’t see sylvari “falling prey to” fear and prima instinct. Sure they’re children, but they’re also extremely fast developers mentally speaking.

Dear ANet writers,

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I find it interesting she mentions Scarlet was still fighting to keep her mind. This implies that whatever was happening to Scarlet was not dragon corruption, as in almost every case, once corrupted you don’t fight against it.

Has anyone checked Biegarth or the inquest Arcane Councillor who had dialogues on Scarlet before?

Unless your name is Kellach, then you fight against the corruption. Dragon corruption does not always instantly take away your free will.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I chatted up the Inquest Councilor earlier. He didn’t have anything new to say (though he does still have his previous dialogue choice regarding Scarlet being part of the inquest) but it makes sense that he wouldn’t really care what happened to Scarlet since he was quite adamant that he wanted nothing to do with her.

Also just to note that Sylvari characters get a different dialogue with the Pale Tree regarding Scarlet, unsurprisingly. Doesn’t really have any different information compared to the one other races see, but its a bit more personal.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Aethelbert.1497

Too early to say so. We’ll see soon enough if you are right or wrong.

The torment, fear, etc. That was all Scarlet resisting it. Then when she looked back at the entity, it showed her visions. And the only description we have of it is those three words: death, destruction, and destiny.

I don’t see sylvari “falling prey to” fear and prima instinct. Sure they’re children, but they’re also extremely fast developers mentally speaking.

That doesn’t mean devs don’t see sylvari ‘falling prey to’ fear and et cetera. And mind you, when that cube experiment of Omadd was finished, she was already, say, corrupted, and killed him. Which implies that she had ‘inner dialogue’, her true personality was deep inside Scarlet and rarely (if ever) showed up.

And the game, more importantly, stated that her target was the Dragon all the time. Voices from the forest, Mordremoth awakening, fightinng the ‘darkness that consumed her’, ‘Forces that shape us’. Why deny and make far-fetched theories? We already sure that Mordy and Pale Tree and her children are at very least connected.

If you are still disagree, what entity, in your opinion, could corrupt and make her mad and have any profit from Dragon’s awakening?

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

If you are still disagree, what entity, in your opinion, could corrupt and make her mad and have any profit from Dragon’s awakening?

As for the Entity, since there has still be no confirmation either way, it could either be Mordremoth, it’s champion, or some unknown. Time will only tell for it.

As for its and Scarlet’s motives, I would think it would be something close to Littlefinger’s motives in ASOIAF…
What did he get from driving the entire Seven Kingdoms to war and bringing chaos to the land? He got change and opportunity, and that allows him to more easily work his "magic".

Or as Scarlet said…

Scarlet’s voice rose as she went on. “I have a great deal of work ahead of me. I don’t know what the world will be when I’m through, but I will very much enjoy finding out. Empires will fall, continents will burn, and when the conflagration is over, I’ll be there to put my stamp on whatever new world this one becomes.”

(edited by Erukk.1408)

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Aethelbert.1497

As for the Entity, since there has still be no confirmation either way, it could either be Mordremoth, it’s champion, or some unknown. Time will only tell for it.

As for its and Scarlet’s motives, I would think it would be something close to Littlefinger’s motives in ASOIAF… —-

Or as Scarlet said…

Scarlet’s voice rose as she went on. “I have a great deal of work ahead of me. I don’t know what the world will be when I’m through, but I will very much enjoy finding out. Empires will fall, continents will burn, and when the conflagration is over, I’ll be there to put my stamp on whatever new world this one becomes.”

Man, you should have put it under the spoiler, at least. I am angry at you, you know?

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Beigarth does indeed have new dialogue, but no new information. I don’t remember it exactly, but something along the lines of “some apples have worms”, and then thanks to the character for taking the time to bring him the news.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

This implies that whatever was happening to Scarlet was not dragon corruption, as in almost every case, once corrupted you don’t fight against it.

I seem to remember that Kellach was slowly corrupted and actively attempted to cure himself (of course he was kinda crazy at the time, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kellach%27s_Attack)

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Practically anything. She might have been happy to loose the dragons, the pact, the tree, the alliances and anyone else on each other and rule the ruins.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

This implies that whatever was happening to Scarlet was not dragon corruption, as in almost every case, once corrupted you don’t fight against it.

I seem to remember that Kellach was slowly corrupted and actively attempted to cure himself (of course he was kinda crazy at the time, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kellach%27s_Attack)

Indeed.

I think the distinction is that Kellach’s corruption came from a source several times removed from the dragon, so it happened slowly that Kellach realised what was happening to him before snapping over to ‘must serve the dragon above all other interests’. As opposed to the ogre chieftain in EoD, which from what we see instantly swaps over.

That said, Kellach being willing to cure himself by killing the queen that he took that risk in order to protect is a strange switcharoo even for insanity. Now, some people might genuinely think that taking such a risk on someone’s behalf without the intended benefactor desiring it entitles them to be rescued from the consequences of their actions even at the cost of the intended benefactor, but even insanity could have led to Kellach deciding that he was going to make sure his action benefited the queen at whatever cost – such as, say, leading the Risen into Beetletun to remove Jennah’s main political opponent. I have a suspicion that even though he wasn’t flipped all the way over, the dragon’ influence still had a strong hold on his mind, pushing him to do things he wouldn’t ordinarily contemplate because it was in the dragon’s interest, even though he thought he was doing it for his own reasons.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

That said, Kellach being willing to cure himself by killing the queen that he took that risk in order to protect is a strange switcharoo even for insanity. Now, some people might genuinely think that taking such a risk on someone’s behalf without the intended benefactor desiring it entitles them to be rescued from the consequences of their actions even at the cost of the intended benefactor, but even insanity could have led to Kellach deciding that he was going to make sure his action benefited the queen at whatever cost – such as, say, leading the Risen into Beetletun to remove Jennah’s main political opponent. I have a suspicion that even though he wasn’t flipped all the way over, the dragon’ influence still had a strong hold on his mind, pushing him to do things he wouldn’t ordinarily contemplate because it was in the dragon’s interest, even though he thought he was doing it for his own reasons.

That’s more or less been my recent thoughts on Kellach.

He was trying to “cure” himself, but he was willing to go about sacrificing the reason he risked himself in the first place. It really seems like he had a lot of free will – easily on par to the Sovereign Eye of Zhaitan or Mazdak or Necromancer Rissa in this regard. We see the Sovereign Eye putting the Artesian Waters at risk by letting Trahearne and the PC pass powerful risen, and Kellach “searching for a non-existent cure” can easily be put on par. We know that the Elder Dragons don’t really care much about their minions, so if he had some self-choice-making then it’s easily possible he was corrupted but allowed the false desire of trying to free himself from that, as it left him on a rampage throughout Kryta.

Dear ANet writers,

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I do hope we see more of Scarlet in the future… or rather, of Ceara.
No idea what happens to Sylvari when they die—but in Guild Wars 1 we did interact with the ghosts of characters who had passed on from time to time. In the Kellach storyline, a necromancer called back the ghost of a pirate to get info as well.
It would be interesting if, during our fight against Mordy, we received aid or advise from Ceara’s spirit—now that she is free of corruption/madness

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

We’ve yet to see a sylvari ghost, however. We don’t even know if sylvari have souls to become ghosts.

Dear ANet writers,

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

We’ve yet to see a sylvari ghost, however. We don’t even know if sylvari have souls to become ghosts.

If Sylvari die, their spirits return to the dream. So we should be able to find her within the dream.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

If Sylvari die, their spirits return to the dream. So we should be able to find her within the dream.

Not sure if we have any conclusive proof of this. We know that their experiences are passed on to the dream, not sure about the spirit.

New Pale Tree dialogue

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

That’s just one warden’s belief – mentioned near the cultural armor vendors in the Grove. It’s even outright stated to be her own belief.

Dear ANet writers,