Nightmare court question

Nightmare court question

in Lore

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

So I’m still working on my fanfic and there’s this one situation I’m stuck on: Let’s say a high ranking court member, who nobody but his closest subordinates particularity liked, tried to personally abduct someone but ended up getting killed instead along with his subordinates. Now, would the other nightmare court members go after the person who killed this high ranking member, or rather let it slide since they didn’t like him to begin with?

Nightmare court question

in Lore

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

now this is just my opinion
but i think that it would depend on whether that the death of the high ranking court member could be used as an excuse to further ones goals.
say a lower court member blames it on someone slightly higher ranking than them they would then be able to go and attempt to kill them and would face no punishment if they succeeded

tldr
only if they had something to gain from “avenging” the death of that court member

Nightmare court question

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I second seventis’ answer. From what we’ve seen of the upper echelons of the Court, the norm seems to be bitter jockeying for status. Big on acrimony, not so big on collective response.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Nightmare court question

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I expect that the senior courtiers will be afraid of what else this individual can do. Depending upon the politics they will either recruit, control, or eliminate this new threat. Justice will not be important.

Nightmare court question

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I also second saventis’ answer and will say that it is known for high ranking courtiers to battle each other rather openly (TA exportable) and we know of multiple splinter factions existing within the Nightmare Court that don’t get along and may even ignore or be openly hostile to each other.

So yeah, “only if they have something to gain from it” sounds good.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.