Ogres in the desert

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

What’s up with these guys in amnoon? They look TOTALLY different than what we’ve seen, and ogres aren’t native to the desert or elona. They also don’t have pets like most do. Is it possible they’re from the southern blazeridge and for some reason came a little way into the desert? But the ogres in vanilla came from blazeridge too. It’s possible there are a lot more variants. With the new map (and the event bigger one from that shaman) shows blazeridge is HUGE! I guess the bigger question is: why bring up ogres now? I can’t help but wonder where S4 or xpac 3 or S5 will go cough

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Or it could just be a visual update to Ogres. That could always be a thing too. (Lets be honest the original ogres don’t look that great.) I would totally welcome them swapping out the old Tyria / HoT models for those gorgeous new looking ogres.

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Haven’t seen the new models yet myself – going in-game now so I’ll check it out. However, I always thought that ogres looked way too similar to these guys from GW1 and their Vabbian counterparts who are known to have tamed minotaurs.

Maybe this is Anet’s way to saying those particular giants are not the same as the reworked cyclopian giants of Kryta (which were in GW1, called Hill Giants).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I actually prefer the old ogre models, but…

I’m thinking along the same lines as Konig. The posture and proportions of the new models, let alone the size, makes me think sand giants.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Maybe Ogres cross-bred with Sand Giants: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sand_Giant

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

I like that there is races of different species. Quaggan have orcas, hylek have itzel. I hope we see different giants.

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

I like that there is races of different species. Quaggan have orcas, hylek have itzel. I hope we see different giants.

That actually makes the most sense.

Hate is Fuel.

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

We’ve always been told 2 things

1. Giants are mostly (99%) gone in the world.
2. EXCEPT, MAYBE, their homelands, the Blazeridge Mountains

for interesting story, there will probably be some. The only variant we know is 100% gone is Lupicus, which is technically a “great giant”. We don’t know how many kinds there are and I look forward to that xpac a LOT. Especially now that blazeridge is HUGE!

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Ogres in the desert

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Blazeridge Mountains is the homeland of ogres, not giants.

Giants were very varied in GW1 and only the Gray Giants of the Desolation have ever been said to be near extinction. There’s no explanation for why the population decreased so much between the games – or why they went from 12 foot tall tusked and/or horned humanoids to 30 foot tell tuskless, hornless cyclopian fellas.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.