Other Charr lands and Citadels

in Lore

Posted by: JAWong.4230

JAWong.4230

I’m a new player and I’ve been loving the Charr lore and culture but it seems that Ascalon is an Iron legion holding and I would love to see and experience all the other legions’ citadels and lands as well. Will we ever get that opportunity? It seems like we’d be missing a huge chunk of lore and character opportunity by leaving out blood and ash legion.

in Lore

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Consider playing the Guild Wars 1 expansion Eye of the North if you want to see part of the Blood Legion lands. I hope we go back there. They’re pretty.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

There is no telling when or if we get to visit the lands and capitals of the other two legions. The two dragons closest to the Charr are Jormag and Kralkatorrik so if we get to expansions dealing with them then there’s a chance we get to see more of the Charr.

Consider playing the Guild Wars 1 expansion Eye of the North if you want to see part of the Blood Legion lands. I hope we go back there. They’re pretty.

GW1 is a very different game though, at least in terms of mechanics. Some people who love GW1 hate GW2 and vice versa. Of course in terms of lore it takes place in the same universe (but 250 years earlier).

(edited by Diovid.9506)

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

ANet has said they have plans for the Ash homelands, and Blood is probably on their list too. It’s a question of when , not will ..

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: assasin oates.3018

assasin oates.3018

GW1 is a very different game though, at least in terms of mechanics. Some people who love GW1 hate GW2 and vice versa. Of course in terms of lore it takes place in the same universe (but 250 years earlier).

I think you mean GW1 is a better game. OP wont regret giving it a go

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

That is highly subjective. I enjoy both GW1 and GW2 but for very different reasons. There is no guarantee that the OP will enjoy GW1.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

That is highly subjective. I enjoy both GW1 and GW2 but for very different reasons. There is no guarantee that the OP will enjoy GW1.

So? Op can’t know if he likes it or not if he/she hasn’t tried it. And I’d say if he/she is really interested in Charr lore or lore in general then it is worth it for that alone. It’s not like the games are terribly expensive and objectively they are very well made, so it’s definitely not a waste of time and money.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I can hardly wait to see Ash. My Charrs are Ash Legion and I do not know much about their larger group outside of a few tidbits and NPCs.

in Lore

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

I’m not sure. But i think it was somewhere statet that Ash has no actual Homeland or that its far away and very small compared to the other legions.

The Blood legion homeland will for sure be different from what we saw in GW1. Afterall Kralkatorrik rose there so his corruption will be there.

Whats the Flame legion Homeland? Fireheart rise?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Whats the Flame legion Homeland? Fireheart rise?

That’s where their Citadel is, so I’d say yes, at least in part. It might also encompass the mountains around it that make up the boundary between Ascalon and the Blood Legion homelands, and somewhere we haven’t see they also probably have the Plains of Golghein .

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Technically ever since the rebellion, the Flame Legion don’t have a “homeland”. Fireheart Rise is more of a “territory won by conquest against the Flame Legion” than “flame legion homeland”.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Not knowing where the Plains of Golghein are suggests that we haven’t seen Hrangmer, since it’s said to be northeast of the Plains of Golghein: if the Flame Citadel was Hrangmer, then the Plains of Golghein would most likely be in Fireheart Rise somewhere and I’d hope we’d know if it was!

However, it’s certainly possible that the Flame Legion have been pushed out of their original homeland.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Salinus Warbreaker states that the Flame Legion fled to their the Citadel at Hrangmer.

The Legions of the Charr state that the Flame Legion took refuge in the Blazeridge Mountains. The Citadel of Flames is at the base of the Blazeridge Mountains.

Unless the Flame Legion have multiple citadels built into a volcano at the base of the Blazeridge Mountains, the Citadel of Flames is built into Hrangmer.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Eh they’re basically like Kryta is now (back when Kryta was more tropical kinda like Maguuma Jungle… and the people… um… more colourful :P ), just with more scorpions and insect monsters.

As someone who has done a bit of GW1 for my HoM (presently a bit burned out… but just need 1 more point for fire sword…), yeah it’s subjective. Also very annoying (if you’re going for HoM) now that it’s not all that active anymore.

So? Op can’t know if he likes it or not if he/she hasn’t tried it. And I’d say if he/she is really interested in Charr lore or lore in general then it is worth it for that alone.

I don’t remember too much Charr lore in either Prophecy of EoTN. But hey, if OP can get it cheap (which shouldn’t be hard) then go for it.

in Lore

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Eye of the North had a ton of charr lore. You visited the Blood Legion homelands, an area we didn’t get to visit in GW2, and see first hand the beginning of the charr rebellion against the Flame Legion.

Prophecies also let us see the Searing, which is arguably the single most important moment in charr history. As well as battle the titans who the charr worshiped as gods. Though it did always bug me that the charr intro said the charr killed their gods. Technically no you didn’t, random charr voice. Humans did. Twice if you count the Destroyers.

You also get to see Kraalkatorrik. Or at least his back.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Salinus Warbreaker states that the Flame Legion fled to their the Citadel at Hrangmer.

The Legions of the Charr state that the Flame Legion took refuge in the Blazeridge Mountains. The Citadel of Flames is at the base of the Blazeridge Mountains.

Unless the Flame Legion have multiple citadels built into a volcano at the base of the Blazeridge Mountains, the Citadel of Flames is built into Hrangmer.

That’s pretty much exactly my contention, actually. The Flame Legion do like their volcano citadels, and the Blazeridge name suggests that it’s a volcanic mountain range that likely has (or had) more volcanoes. From memory of the larger maps, the Blazeridge also extends further north than the encirclement of the Ascalonian plateau (and that’s without the possibility of resolving the possible inconsistency through different sections of the defeated force retreating in different directions).

Additionally, it’s worth noting that the Flame Citadel currently is barely outside the GW1 playable area (Pig Iron Mine is Dragon’s Gullet), while Gwen’s Story indicates that this whole region was once within Ascalon’s borders. So if the Flame Citadel is Hrangmer, then it follows that at some point after meeting the Titans, the Flame Legion lost control of Hrangmer. I consider this unlikely, but possible.

The kicker is that we don’t see the Plains of Golghein in-game, and we know they’re southwest of Hrangmer. This is a significant oversight, and not simply in a ‘missed an opportunity for a lore-relevant name for a region’ way: we’ve seen in GW2 that the charr do like their monuments, so I’d expect there to be a monument of the Flame Legion’s defeat at Golghein. Such a monument might be wrecked by the Flame, but I’d expect some reference to survive. So either ArenaNet missed something really important there (possible, there are a few inconsistencies around after all) or the Plains of Golghein are outside of the GW2 playable area and, by extension, so is Hrangmer.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.