(POSSIBLE SPOILERS) Dwarfs

in Lore

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I’m a bit confused now, With the recent patch and primordus going to a sleeping state. Does that mean the dwarfs (if there is any survivor) can come back as a race or something?

Thanks!

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

On the contrary, if Primordus left the Underground Nexus, that means all (or the greater majority) of the dwarves are dead. Since primordus moved, I immediately accepted there couldn’t be more than like 10 dwarves left alive down there

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Not neccessary.

The dwarfs fight Primordus forces, trying to tie him up and slow down his mana consumption.

It was never about holding him one place.

While it is highly possible that most dwarfs have been defeated, since all dwarfs have been blessed by the great dwarf and became stone, thus there shouldn’t be any new born in the last 250 years.

However they are immortal now, which mean they could still fight to this day. Primordus would throw his minions against them, grinding them to dust over the years, though.

We just don’t know how many are still alive down there today.

I imagine it like using your hands to drain a sinking ship. At one point it is just futile. All the dwarfs did/do is giving us time to figure things out.

Primordus was never tied down. He woke up at some point and just went away, leaving the dwarfs to try and keep up with him.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

On the contrary, if Primordus left the Underground Nexus, that means all (or the greater majority) of the dwarves are dead. Since primordus moved, I immediately accepted there couldn’t be more than like 10 dwarves left alive down there

While Edge of Destiny and various dialogue about Ogden in Season 2 do hint at the dwarves now being practically gone, I’d like to note that lore has said that Primordus had been moving about for the past 200 years, and I doubt even an army of stone dwarves could totally seal Primordus’ movements. The dwarves’ purpose was, primarily, not so much to stop Primordus but to stop Primordus’ minions from breaching the surface.

Which is part of why it took so long for destroyers to begin invading the surface (everywhere we see destroyers in GW2, their presence is “new” to the area)- they were fighting dwarves. The very appearance of more and more destroyers on the surface (so widespread because of Primordus’ movements over the past 200 years) indicate that the dwarves are either so spread out they couldn’t fully stop the destroyers, or have been reduced in numbers so much that they can no longer hold the destroyers back. Edge of Destiny descriptions implied the latter was the case.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.