Pale Tree Vision *Spoilers*

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Glint’s Baby is the chosen one.

Pretty much this.

Also, the golden city with the pillars and towers far out in the Maguuma?

Abandoned. Mursaat. City. #YouHeardItHereFirst

I’m praying that the very theory with which I first appeared on Guild Wars Guru in 2009 will finally be proven correct… .

Count me in on that. In Party Politics, one of the NPCs talks about White Mantle symbols in Divinity’s Reach. They wouldn’t make us remember that they still lurk around without it being of any siginificance would they?

#teamD’Alessio

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I think Minster Anton crops up in a low level personal story mission and seems crooked, but isn’t. Here he is doing it again and even getting worried about the White Mantle.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

random white mantle reference + cutscene = the mursaat ruins are coming.

also glint’s baby is involved somehow, because why not.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Darreola.4201

Darreola.4201

If Anet introduced the Mursaat back into the game I would be surprised that there have not been more obvious signs.

Considering that a large part of the player base seems to be looking forward to revisiting past areas, it would strike me as odd that Anet hasn’t made it obvious that we are going to be seeing Mursaat come back. Seems like a good selling point to me.

I wish they would be more direct in their cutscenes. I am growing tired of having to wonder what it is that they are alluding to. Just bring back the Mursaat, Glint’s child, and Cantha/Elona >_<

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

If Anet introduced the Mursaat back into the game I would be surprised that there have not been more obvious signs.

Considering that a large part of the player base seems to be looking forward to revisiting past areas, it would strike me as odd that Anet hasn’t made it obvious that we are going to be seeing Mursaat come back. Seems like a good selling point to me.

I wish they would be more direct in their cutscenes. I am growing tired of having to wonder what it is that they are alluding to. Just bring back the Mursaat, Glint’s child, and Cantha/Elona >_<

i don’t think the mursaat as a race is coming back. we might see remnants of their civilization though.

i was under the impression that they used to live in the isles of janthir though, but i never really followed their lore.

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

As a completely fanciful theory, wouldn’t it be interesting if Mordremoth could pull creatures from Nightmare and put them into reality?

Depending who’s speculation you believe, it was Mordremoth who put them in the Dream in the first place, so why would he want to take them out?

That aside, what creatures do you mean? Things like Overgrown Thorn Hounds and Mordrem husks already exist in the real world, so what else would he pull out of The Nightmare?

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Retcon that made the Shadow of the Dragon our Archnemesis!

If you play a Sylvari and kill Zhaitan it says quite clearly in the personal story journal that your wild hunt is complete.

So it’s either a lie, or a retcon. Either way it’s a kitten-slap to anyone who did the personal story.

in Lore

Posted by: Martin The Brave.8731

Martin The Brave.8731

I think what is being seen in the vision is Mordemoth attacking Glints child. Looking back at the first episode the Master of peace is defending himself and a powerful magical item (Draconic Energy?) from Aerin. After Aerin is defeated the Master of peace states “He wanted me to give him power, great power”. If we were to assume that Aerin much like Scarlet was somehow being manipulated or controlled by Modremoth then that would lead us to believe that this “Item” is important to the dragon. Now where exactly the Master of peace is taking the “Item” is unknown, but it would be good to assume that he took it to a place of safe keeping. My wild guess is that he took it to be protected by one of Glints children, I mean where else would a Zephyrite go?

It doesn’t really scratch the surface but I will continue to think on this matter.

(edited by Martin The Brave.8731)

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Kralkatorrik might have some connection with Mordemoth.

At the very least we’re going to go spelunking some crystal caves.

Glint’s Baby is the chosen one.

Pretty much this.

Also, the golden city with the pillars and towers far out in the Maguuma?

Abandoned. Mursaat. City. #YouHeardItHereFirst

I’m praying that the very theory with which I first appeared on Guild Wars Guru in 2009 will finally be proven correct… .

I though those pillars and towers might have been Orr.

Just because it’s crystal like doesn’t mean it has to be Kralky.

Better than likely probability though.

Either way it was the Sylvari players’ Wyld Hunt and as such was their Archnemesis from the beginning!

<cough>retcon</cough>

Not necessarily, most likely just ANet deciding that reusing models is easier than creating new ones.

Because players have been calling for glint baby since episode 1.

in Lore

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Not necessarily, most likely just ANet deciding that reusing models is easier than creating new ones.

Nah, the way they introduced him, they were definitely setting it up to be a big reveal. They know how significant the similarities are and they deliberately had that flapping wings thing to keep you wondering “WTF is that?” and then when you see it, you go “OH SNAP! It’s the same thing I fought in the sylvari dream!”

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Lore

Posted by: DanteKovac.8975

DanteKovac.8975

I think its a mursaat city, with perhaps some sort of artifact they used against the dragons way back when to either hurt or hide from them, perhaps Mordremoth remembers that and is going after the artifact?

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Nah, the way they introduced him, they were definitely setting it up to be a big reveal. They know how significant the similarities are and they deliberately had that flapping wings thing to keep you wondering “WTF is that?” and then when you see it, you go “OH SNAP! It’s the same thing I fought in the sylvari dream!”

Additionally, if you play a sylvari, you acknowledge the similarity in one of the dialogues.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

High, golden towers. Magical pulses. Dark jade (allegedly). YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HYPED I GOT WATCHING THAT CINEMATIC. ALL I CAN THINK IS “MURSAAT MURSAAT MURSAAAAAAAAT.” I need to calm down, but I really can’t. I need to know for sure. I can’t wait two weeks. I might die. :l Someone halp.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Would it make you feel better or worse if we told you that ArenaNet is planning to take a break from story updates, and the next installment might not come until October?

in Lore

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I’m probably going to die.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Lore

draxynnic.3719

Don’t die! Then you literally won’t live to find out!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

If you play sylvari, the Pale Tree says you know this powerful Mordrem from your Dream (just before the Shadow of the Dragon spawns). Afterwards, Trahearne will ask if you remember the Shadow from your Dream which you confirm, and then your PC says that you feel the call of your Wyld Hunt again, and after asking Trahearne if it was a new one (why would he know, exactly?) Trahearne says that it’s the same, just a new stage of it – meaning that apparently your Wyld Hunt was only put on hold with Zhaitan’s defeat, not completed as the PC said during Victory or Defeat’s celebration. Finally, if you talk to Braham at the end, you’ll tell him you fought the Shadow of the Dragon before in your Dream – mentioning it as the same one.

It’s not just “new enemy, same model/name” it’s the same enemy.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

If you play sylvari, the Pale Tree says you know this powerful Mordrem from your Dream (just before the Shadow of the Dragon spawns). Afterwards, Trahearne will ask if you remember the Shadow from your Dream which you confirm, and then your PC says that you feel the call of your Wyld Hunt again, and after asking Trahearne if it was a new one (why would he know, exactly?) Trahearne says that it’s the same, just a new stage of it – meaning that apparently your Wyld Hunt was only put on hold with Zhaitan’s defeat, not completed as the PC said during Victory or Defeat’s celebration. Finally, if you talk to Braham at the end, you’ll tell him you fought the Shadow of the Dragon before in your Dream – mentioning it as the same one.

So it’s a retcon then Well not a big one, but still.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Would it make you feel better or worse if we told you that ArenaNet is planning to take a break from story updates, and the next installment might not come until October?

Though I’m sure I’m in the minority, I’m actually looking forward to the (hopefully) short break. It will give me some time to level my few alt stragglers, mop up the LS with the toons that haven’t finished it already, and it will give me some time to wind down a bit from gw2 in general.

As much as I love the game, me grinding out geodes and fossils in Dry Top for the last month or so for the ambrite weapons has been killing my interest lately. Plus, I’m sure there might be a couple of things in the feature pack that might interest me to come off my breather anyway. lol

in Lore

Stooperdale.3560

I hope this isn’t explained away with just a few lines of dialogue. The Wyld Hunt should be the fateful ambition of a Sylvari, not something going on in the background while you chase after progenys and go to fancy parties.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Because players have been calling for glint baby since episode 1.

i know, and i’m not doubting its involvement. but players have speculated some really weird stuff regarding it.

like how would the master of peace be carrying a not-quite-baby-anymore on his backpack? or why would it be represented by an egg in the cutscene when it’s hatched hundreds of years ago?

as for the golden pillars reminding you of orr… orr doesn’t really do pillars. they like archways and other disc-shaped stuff, but straight up obelisks are nowhere to be seen there.

in Lore

Stooperdale.3560

Just a couple of reminders. The in game story journal tells us that the Pale Tree showed us a vision of a golden land and a mysterious artifact. In the tunnel under Prosperity there is Nicholas Sandford’s journal about Dry Top which mentions “Unknown sentient beings once built fragile hillside homes high on the cliffsides. Some structures still linger …”. Could that be the city in the vision even though the journal places it in Dry Top rather than a golden land?

in Lore

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

What confuses me about this video is at the very start where you see a winter forest area.

Is this to imply an actual location (I’m not aware of any part of Maguma that has snow) or just a representation of the pale tree when she states “I’m fading”?
Also I JUST noticed that at the very beginning the trees are set up in a way where you can see a female Sylvari face. lol

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Just a couple of reminders. The in game story journal tells us that the Pale Tree showed us a vision of a golden land and a mysterious artifact. In the tunnel under Prosperity there is Nicholas Sandford’s journal about Dry Top which mentions “Unknown sentient beings once built fragile hillside homes high on the cliffsides. Some structures still linger …”. Could that be the city in the vision even though the journal places it in Dry Top rather than a golden land?

nicholas’ journal is talking about these things:

http://atyrianodyssey.com/gw/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dry-top_cliffdwellings1.jpg

quite the far cry from the golden pillars in the vision.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

What confuses me about this video is at the very start where you see a winter forest area.

Is this to imply an actual location (I’m not aware of any part of Maguma that has snow) or just a representation of the pale tree when she states “I’m fading”?
Also I JUST noticed that at the very beginning the trees are set up in a way where you can see a female Sylvari face. lol

I suggest you go to the top level of the Grove and head west. That’s what’s being shown – not a winter forest, but the forest on the western edge of the Grove, which shines a bit. The map calls it Envoy’s Terrace.

Or at least, that’s what it looks like to me.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

nice catch – extracted it from the HD version listed here

Attachments:

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

can’t believe you hadn’t noticed :P

before anyone stops speculating about it, no, it doesn’t mean we’re going to find a weird tree with a face. it’s just the pale tree.

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

If you play a Sylvari and kill Zhaitan it says quite clearly in the personal story journal that your wild hunt is complete.

Lets be honest, the Wyld Hunt was a cop-out to get the player character’s sylvari involved in not only Zhaitan but all EDs. My thoughts are the Dream showed you, not your character’s Wyld Hunt, but the Tree or something else’s. Caithe just made the mistake in interpretation because, like the player character, knew nothing of Mordremoth. There’s zero confirmation, only speculation, that the dream makes plant-like representations in the Dream as even Ventari is seen as himself in ethereal form; nothing about him looked tree-like or root-ee.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

in Lore

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

before anyone stops speculating about it, no, it doesn’t mean we’re going to find a weird tree with a face. it’s just the pale tree.

Three-eyed Raven!

in Lore

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I take the face as the Pale Tree regrowing Scarlet

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I take the face as the Pale Tree regrowing Scarlet

on today’s points of interest, peter fries confirmed that scarlet will be brought back, and ally herself with trahearne.

in Lore

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

What about this explanation of the vision:
- Anet has had enough of Tyria for now, they created a beautiful forest (land) but it met mostly cold and harsh response. (this is the beginning with the pale tree going to a cold and harsh winter scene.)
- So they decided to just blow things up (the rays of light – LA was just the start), and from that destruction take the good things (the glowing ‘heart’ and whole new cities rising), and take that into and beyond the Crystal Desert.
- Then to make sure the community doesn’t spread out like it did in GW1, with the release of a whole new continent. They will have Mordremoth consume the whole of Tyria, everything in front (or ‘before’ as in time) the Crystal Desert Episode will be engulfed in Mordremoth’s vines…
- We will not be victorious over Mordremoth when we enter that last area of land, instead we will trigger the full rage of him. We will be engulfed and driven back, Rata Sum will fall, The Grove will fall, Devinities reach will fall, The ruins of Lions arch will fall, The order head quarters will fall, Hoelbrak will fall, The Black Citadel will fall, And finally we will Enter the Crystal Desert Through Ebon Hawk, And it too will fall…

Players can take their racial characters with them and play the new Elona Chapter, but apart from a few races, no new ones can be made. This is most noticeable for the Sylvari and Possibly the Norn, instead there will be (a) new Race(s) introduced. And Tyria will be nothing more than ‘ancient history’, eaten up by Mordremoth. And we will be playing a New Chapter in which Anet can take all the lessons learned and implement them in a New part of the game…

The end of Tyria, onwards into the land of the Golden Sun…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

(edited by Arghore.8340)

in Lore

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

I suggest you go to the top level of the Grove and head west. That’s what’s being shown – not a winter forest, but the forest on the western edge of the Grove, which shines a bit. The map calls it Envoy’s Terrace.

Or at least, that’s what it looks like to me.

Interesting. I guess that could be where it is. A weird spot to show though since we zoom through it, but that’s not where the path leading out of the grove is.
Also the trees look dead to me, either winter or just dead.

Again, I think it’s probably just a visualization of her saying “I’m fading” i.e. Dying.
Though of course she won’t die because then it wouldn’t make any sense for the creation of new Sylvari by players.

in Lore

Posted by: Morkel.2039

Morkel.2039

“On the fourth day, delirious with hunger, Saul emerged from the trees to see what he thought was a hallucination—a city of massive towers reaching into the heavens.”
Like someone else, the vision really made me think to this…
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Saul_D%27Alessio
But I suppose we really have no elements yet

in Lore

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

I think the vision we saw, and what the pale tree wanted to share with us, is the will of mordremoth. This would be viable if the pale tree is connected to mordremoth, since the will of an Elder Dragon is shared with it’s minions.

Another possibility is that the Pale Tree showed us a prophecy of what could happen. Like she did before when she sent us with trahearne into Orr before even reaching Orr where we saw visions of what might come to be.

Interesting stuff in the cutscene, first you see the trees, which starts out with the pale tree’s face. But once you get to the fun part, you see objects rising into the sky, going beyond the clouds. And there are yellow beams of light next to these objects, and once that happens, you see the yellow oval object suddenly appearing in the middle of such beam pillar and dropping down on which crystals go into shambles. The oval object might be an egg from glint… Added picture of one of glint’s eggs from gw1. There were many of these eggs… So who knows how many children have made it.

But how can an egg suddenly appear in the middle of that pillar like beam?

Who is making the large objects float? And doesn’t it look a lot like the mists?

Attachments:

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

I am under the impression that the Zephyrites were on their way to the location we saw in the vision, and that that location holds the key to defeating Mordremoth, or at least to stop his expansion. Mordremoth tried to stop the Zephyrites from reaching it, but the Master of Peace still travels on, and we will meet him there once we get to that place.

One of the pillars of light we saw rise into the sky seems to have come from the mysterious object underground which was surrounded by crystals, and those got shattered, and afterwards Mordremoths’ vines overgrew it.

The images we saw are most likely a metaphorical language – just like not everything from the vision of Orr came true precisely like we saw it. The golden item may represent Glint’s child (a fully grown dragon after 250 years by the way), but i assume that there is more than one of those objects deep in the earth since we saw multiple pillars rise. Still, the crystals hint at a connection to Glint somehow.

I assume we will have to find that mysterious place and protect it from Mordremoth’s attacks – him “blowing everything up”. Maybe those pillars of light are leyline pillars like the one caused by the Breachmaker, and the place will be a giant buffet for Mordremoth if we can’t prevent it. The Master of Peace is most likely the key to how to prevent that.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

It could simply be a time indication. The living story will continue in fall and will probably escalate during winter. The vision could imply that these events won’t happen until winter has come to Tyria.

Honestly, I don’t see how it could have any other meaning.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Lore

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

The location is either going to be deep in Maguuma or the Isle of Janthir. Isles of Janthir being extremely unlikely. It doesn’t look like the Chaos Crystal Caverns nor Kralkatorrik’s brand.

However. We know the Pale Tree’s seed came from across the sea. Perhaps the Bay of Janthir is that sea. We know the Mursaat live on the Isles and these looked like possibly Mursaat towers.

Also there’s this:
http://www.abload.de/img/236172_oplik7q.png

Someone else overlayed them on our normal map:
http://www.abload.de/img/holes-in-the-ground_tbbx2e.jpg

What is it? The globe in the Chantry of Whispers is a bunch of overlapping textures, with resized duplicates. If you take the main world map, and the leyline map and place it over each other, this is what you get. You notice there’s a big line that runs through the great collapse in Divinity’s Reach, Lion’s Arch, and the north coast. The thing is, if you overlay our actual world map on this map, there’s actually the bay of Janthir where that coast is, and the Isles of Janthir right under the big dot.

(Also Elonia fits very well on that map, though there’s now a big lake right in the middle of the Desolation. Cantha fits perfectly on the contenent directly south though the big island (forget what it was called, didn’t play much cantha) is actually connected to the mainland.)

(edited by Rukh.9287)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

However. We know the Pale Tree’s seed came from across the sea.

Uh, no? Ronan found the seed during one of his patrols in the Maguuma Jungle.

What is it? The globe in the Chantry of Whispers is a bunch of overlapping textures, with resized duplicates. If you take the main world map, and the leyline map and place it over each other, this is what you get. You notice there’s a big line that runs through the great collapse in Divinity’s Reach, Lion’s Arch, and the north coast. The thing is, if you overlay our actual world map on this map, there’s actually the bay of Janthir where that coast is, and the Isles of Janthir right under the big dot.

The globe in the Chantry of Secrets is a “Threat Assessment Board” with disproportioned landscapes that vary based on the Whisper’s knowledge of both geography and local threats. It holds no relation to ley lines. Should be noted that the landscape scaling in-game doesn’t match that of the texture, indicating that the texture may be more accurate (though as we see with the lack of the Bay of Janthir, there are still some issues with the texture none-the-less).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Rukh.9287

However. We know the Pale Tree’s seed came from across the sea.

Uh, no? Ronan found the seed during one of his patrols in the Maguuma Jungle.

Here’s the quote " A distant shore—and darkness. A root, a cave…you. You are the seed. What Ronan knew and never told still lingers in the Dream." From the missions with Malyck. Now it doesn’t say “A sea” but it does say a distant shore. So it could be across Janthir Bay.

If “the Dream” knows the thing, the Pale tree, or other sylvari had to have been there. A cave, seeds. It sure sounds like the pale tree’s start spot, as it refers to Ronan.

The globe in the Chantry of Secrets is a “Threat Assessment Board” with disproportioned landscapes that vary based on the Whisper’s knowledge of both geography and local threats. It holds no relation to ley lines.

Possibly, but I think we’ll find that the lines are significant. They put a lot of work in to that map and texture. It’s not just a simple prop. The thing about it though is if you just look at it, the lines and dots aren’t where they show on the map I linked, because all the textures are distorted and scrambled. Its only once you extract them and overlay them that it matches like that. Now it could be wishful thinking, seeing a line that goes through the great collapse, lions arch, and isles of janthir, but those are all significant places. We know there was a nexus under Lion’s Arch. We don’t know the significance of the great collapse, but something did cause it. And we do know that the Isles of Janthir are tremendously important, one of the more magic concentrated places in the entire world of Tyria.

Should be noted that the landscape scaling in-game doesn’t match that of the texture, indicating that the texture may be more accurate (though as we see with the lack of the Bay of Janthir, there are still some issues with the texture none-the-less).

There’s a few differences, but its clear it’s from some sort of source that’s used for the shape of places. They put in enough work to replicate all the areas from GW1 in pretty good detail.

(edited by Rukh.9287)

in Lore

Rukh.9287

One other thing. The Mursaat were able to hide themselves from the dragons. Glint saved the forgotten, dwarves, lions tigers and bears oh my etc, but the Mursaat figured out how to do it on their own. Their ability was said to be to somehow become “out of phase” with the world. What if the Dream is how they did this? What if the Pale tree is some sort of Mursaat creation, who uses their power to shield its seedlings from dragon corruption?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Here’s the quote " A distant shore—and darkness. A root, a cave…you. You are the seed. What Ronan knew and never told still lingers in the Dream." From the missions with Malyck. Now it doesn’t say “A sea” but it does say a distant shore. So it could be across Janthir Bay.

If “the Dream” knows the thing, the Pale tree, or other sylvari had to have been there. A cave, seeds. It sure sounds like the pale tree’s start spot, as it refers to Ronan.

“A shore” doesn’t mean the location of the cave of seas nor does it mean across a sea. I point you to much older lore:

“This story began with a human soldier named Ronan whom, while separated from his patrol, discovered a cavern filled with strange seed-pods.”

From The Movement of the World. This description has been used – though reworded – countless times in interviews and NPCs in the Grove telling the history of the city. Ronan, a Shining Blade member, was in the Maguuma Jungle – as that is where all the Shining Blade were.

That “shore” – if it holds to the cave of seeds and not something else related specifically to Malyck (such as his tree, or maybe a second cave) could be anything from “Mamnoon Lagoon” or the lake to the north of the Maguuma Jungle/Wastes area (though no indications of the Shining Blade being that far north), or one of many other lake shores that existed inthe Maguuma during GW1.

Possibly, but I think we’ll find that the lines are significant.

I wasn’t saying they weren’t significant, just that they’re not ley lines.

And we do know that the Isles of Janthir are tremendously important, one of the more magic concentrated places in the entire world of Tyria.

No we don’t. All we know about the Isles of Janthir are:

1. The Eye of Janthir comes from there. According to the White Mantle.
  2. A race who have the Gift of True Sight lives/d there. According to the White Mantle.
  3. It lies to the south. According to the White Mantle.

The last one shows how trustworthy the first two are, really. Beyond that, all we know is what we see on the world map (particularly of GW1) and that’s that it looks barren.

There’s a few differences, but its clear it’s from some sort of source that’s used for the shape of places. They put in enough work to replicate all the areas from GW1 in pretty good detail.

“A few differences” being that Cantha and Tyria are connected by land, the other two/three unknown continents not even showing up, amongst other things. That’s the in-game model using that texture.

One other thing. The Mursaat were able to hide themselves from the dragons. Glint saved the forgotten, dwarves, lions tigers and bears oh my etc, but the Mursaat figured out how to do it on their own. Their ability was said to be to somehow become “out of phase” with the world. What if the Dream is how they did this? What if the Pale tree is some sort of Mursaat creation, who uses their power to shield its seedlings from dragon corruption?

Unlikely. By the dialogue, their ability to phase out of the world was actually stepping into the Mists partially – and it’s into the Mists they fled eventually.

Now, I have theories that the Dream is part of the Mists, but even if it is there’s far too little support for the Pale Tree being a weapon made by the mursaat. Far too many groups have access to the Mists (kodan, norn, humans, Forgotten, and mursaat are the primary ones) to really be able to pin-point such things. And it wouldn’t explain the White Stag that, like the Pale Tree, exists in both the Dream and Tyria.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

and I believe in the end we can see Mordremoth. Just seconds before the image below there is a flash and the camera comes out from his eye.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

One thing I noted about the face in the vision was how it appeared to have the medium head gear from Twilight Arbor. Scarlet didn’t wear that, so some other medium class possibly nightmare court affiliated individual. It would be an interesting turn if it was Caithe, though I highly doubt it is.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

(edited by Edusd.7893)

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

I thought it was the Crystal desert, the ruined buildings look like the ones from GW, it was obviously in a sandy environment and the chaos crystals could be Kralkatoriks/Glints.

The tentacles could have reached Glint’s lair, Trahearn said that Kralkatorrik was next (so maybe the pact get’s attacked and we have a reason to go there). the Zephirytes originally came from the crystal desert, and their story about glint has never been continued/tied in with the LS.

But then again, the dragon we defeated and flew off suggest it is just in the maguuma wastes.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Maguuma Wastes is all sandy now, as shown by Dry Top.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Murdermoth ate Glint’s baby after finding it encased in crystals surrounded by lasers in a castle in the sky. I wonder if the Master of Peace will be there too?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Lore

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

One thing I noted about the face in the vision was how it appeared to have the medium head gear from Twilight Arbor. Scarlet didn’t wear that, so some other medium class possibly nightmare court affiliated individual. It would be an interesting turn if it was Caithe, though I highly doubt it is.

I thought it just represented the Pale Tree.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Mhm… first of I want to point my finger on the crytaline glass we see in dry top, which serves no purpose so far.

What if the chrystaline towers are actually glass towers, which in some way are related to Mordremoth because he is a plant.
How?
He is a Plant, he needs nurishment (magic), water (he turns one vine toward a lake) and sunlight.
The Vision shows a lot of sunlight and he is near a supposed desert with a lot of sunlight.
What if he creates a “glascastle” to focus sunlight and feed him with it?

Though that might be a bit too far off.

in Lore

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

on today’s points of interest, peter fries confirmed that scarlet will be brought back, and ally herself with trahearne.

Wait a minute… I thought the whole Scarlet-comes-back-to-marry-Trahearne-and-have-his-babies was supposed to be a joke!

If that ever does happen, it will be hilarious to see the reaction of the Scarlet haters! LOL!