Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Milea.6043

Milea.6043

Went to visit Peneloopee & Bloomanoo today & they are no longer beside the apple orchard in Gendarran. Anyone know where they may be?
Hopefully, planning their wedding & a huge Guild Wars 2 wide celebration event!
~Milly

Swearing allegiance in life & beyond did Desmina Zqooksha thence become the gods first follower

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

No idea where they are. Now that LA is fairly safe, maybe they’ll move back into the quaggan village (it’s rather empty). But from their previous dialogue it seemed they were looking for a new home.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Bloomanoo did talk once about heading further south. Maybe they’re in Bloodtide Coast now? (Although why they’d want to head there, I have NO idea. There’s pirates, Risen and the Triple Wurm there now. Head even more south and you have Tequatl. :P)

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

checks food in pot, nods to self

Who wants delicious, juicy, “Annoying Quaggan” soup?

In more seriousness – I hope they get dropped. They’re annoying to me and they’re already feeling like they’re being forced into everything. At the very least, if they must stick around, put them in Lion’s Arch’s little quaggan town and never touch them ever again because really… they feel like they’ve been tacted on as cuteness relief.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

At the very least, if they must stick around, put them in Lion’s Arch’s little quaggan town and never touch them ever again because really… they feel like they’ve been tacted on as cuteness relief.

You mean like all the “awwwww” moments from Kasmeer and Marjory’s flirting? Or the “awwwww” moments from Braham and Rox’s “cute” banter about Braham’s injured pride and Rox’s supportive realisation to choose friends over her culture and cut through bother their “tough” personalities and talk about his injury? Or Taimi’s “awwwww” everything (remember when asura looked like this: http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/0/02/Oola.jpg and were generally unlike-able?)?

The story doesn’t need cuteness relief, it’s become the core of most of the scenes. It’s clear the current writing has gone for a specific style and target audience and the quaggan couple are just one element of it.

If the quaggan didn’t turn up in this last patch, we are certain to see them in the near future.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

The difference is Marjory and Kasmeer act like people, Braham and Rox act like close friends.

Quaggans can be cute/adorable, but those two felt like they got forced into every update after the tower of nightmares and were so blatantly vocal about being in love it was annoying. Again, it was TOO much, too often. Marjory/Kasmmer and Braham/Rox are fine.

To compare, there is/was a quaggan couple in Fort Salma who talk about returning to the lake/asking how the male is. It’s “aww.. that’s sad”, but far better done IMO.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

Quaggans can be cute/adorable, but those two felt like they got forced into every update after the tower of nightmares and were so blatantly vocal about being in love it was annoying. Again, it was TOO much, too often. Marjory/Kasmmer and Braham/Rox are fine.

Since they weren’t front and centre they didn’t bother me so much.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Those two felt very front and center to me, given that you couldn’t be in the Kessex Hills.camp without hearing them, and you couldn’t go through the Origins of Madness instance without hearing them, and you couldn’t go through the refugee camp in Gendarran without hearing them.

Wherever they are added, you cannot avoid them when going to the real content that we care for.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

For my part, Peneloopee’s voice creeped me out way, WAY too much to care about what they were saying or why they were in the story. If they’ve swum away to their happily ever after, I’ll be glad to wave them off and hope they never come back.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Angel McCoy

Angel McCoy

Narrative Designer

Pen and Bloom are on their way to Kessex Hills, but not quite there yet. Look for them, if you choose. If not, that’s cool too.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

I quite like them. They’re a little reminder that there are more characters in the world than just the biconics, and that when the world move forward, so do its minor characters. I don’t know how I’d feel about them as more central characters, but I think that’s more because quaggans are so specifically defined as a race, it’s difficult to have a huge amount of variation on quaggan characters (same as skritt, really).

Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

They weren’t bad. But whenever I hear people complaining about Marjory and Kasmeer “Being shoved in our faces.” I instantly thought of those two quaggans as being worse :P.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Pen and Bloom are on their way to Kessex Hills, but not quite there yet. Look for them, if you choose. If not, that’s cool too.

Nice, I’ll check around for them. I enjoyed their conversation.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the hint, Angel!

Although… they’re really heading back to Kessex Hills? I thought they wanted to get away from that place and its dark memories… >.>

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

but those two felt like they got forced into every update after the tower of nightmares and were so blatantly vocal about being in love it was annoying

…but enough about Marjory and Kasmeer.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

Thanks for the hint, Angel!

Although… they’re really heading back to Kessex Hills? I thought they wanted to get away from that place and its dark memories… >.>

Well it is a lot safer now… although relatively speaking there’s still a lot of toxic creatures around so not as safe as it was.
Anyone else see Pene dying and Bloom going all action-hero-revenge. Maybe even becoming a part of Destiny’s Edge 2.0 :P
Although if Canach is going to become part of the Biconics then I guess they’d have there anti-hero quota.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Anyone else see Pene dying and Bloom going all action-hero-revenge. Maybe even becoming a part of Destiny’s Edge 2.0 :P

Kasmeer: Peneloopee? Bloomanoo? Why are they running?

Marjory: Because we have to chase them.

Kasmeer: They didn’t do anything wrong.

Marjory: Because they’re the Quaggans Tyria deserves, but not the ones it needs right now. So we’ll hunt them. Because they can take it. Because they aren’t our heroes. They’re silent guardians. Watchful protectors. AdoOooOoorable Knights.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Milea.6043

I’m going to look for them! I am still hopeful for a wedding!
I thought they would be going to Timberline Falls & to Coddler’s Cove. wink

Swearing allegiance in life & beyond did Desmina Zqooksha thence become the gods first follower

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: moronwmachinegun.3815

moronwmachinegun.3815

As you can see by my signature, I am a definite fan of the Peneloopee and Bloomanoo storyline. I like seeing the effects of the Living Story on actual residents that we can follow if we so choose, and having those residents being non-human is icing on the cake.

Anyone having any luck finding them? I checked the most likely land and water paths and didn’t find them.

Quaggan is not a bad calf. Quaggan is a good little calf.

(edited by moronwmachinegun.3815)

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Seeing the effects of the Living Story on actual residents is good. The two back in Kessex was good. Their showing in Origins of Madness was okay since it showed them in LA (but they would have been better off being added in the open world, not instance) but they didn’t need to have such focus to them.

A better done effect of seeing how the Living Story affects the citizens would be Aftermath NPCs in Lion’s Arch – all the people looking for their children, spouses, lost belongings, etc. That was well done. Tower of Nightmare aftermath NPCs were done good.

Peneloopee and Bloomanoo began good, but now feel overdone. Especially knowing that they’re going to Kessex again… despite stating that they hated it.

Dear ANet writers,

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

I saw them yesterday on the same spot as before: in the apple trees of south gendarran. they don’t speak, as before.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

Bumping because I dont want to make a new thread also this:

I found them in Gendarren fields, do they have dialog right now or are they just hanging out with nothing to say?

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Milea.6043

Pen & Bloom (love that!!!) are still in Gendarran. Not movement yet.
They do turn to look at you if you click on them. Haven’t heard any dialog except initial, generic quick-greeting.
Pen:
– Oh, Hello.
– Hoo?
– Can quaggan help you?
– Do you need something?
– Quaggan has a lot to think about.
Bloom:
– Hellooo!
– Hi There.
– Can quaggan help you?
– Huh?
– How goes it?

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: SoulyD.9125

SoulyD.9125

Pen and Bloom talk with each other every 7-10 minutes or so. From time to time Pen gets scared and runs away a few meter and Bloom follows her. They return to their old position after a little while.

They only have one Dialog, so if you heard it once, no reason to stick around^^
They talk about walking (somewhere, i guess?) and the only interesting bit is, that pen says: “the jungle is alive with evil”
I wouldn’t call Gendarren fields a jungle, so maybe their destination is the maguma jungle?

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Milea.6043

They are BACK!!! New dialogue. Ascalon Settlement Waypoint in Gendarran. They are on their way to Caledon and want to make a Pod! Squeeee!

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

They are BACK!!! New dialogue. Ascalon Settlement Waypoint in Gendarran. They are on their way to Caledon and want to make a Pod! Squeeee!

Foo, good news! They are adorable. I like ’em. Although it might not be the best of ideas for them to travel straight into the direction those scary thorny tendrils are spreading from …

remember when asura looked like this: http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/0/02/Oola.jpg and were generally unlike-able?

Hey! My Asuran Engi still lives up to that ideal.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I just met Penn and Bloom by the apple orchard in Gendarren.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Milea.6043

DarcShriek – They are actually in both places! We need to get them to move from the Apple Orchard.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Zaxares.5419

They’re in Ascalon Settlement? I wonder if they help out when the Centaurs come raiding then.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Milea.6043

Angel was correct! Pen & Bloom have returned to Kessex Hills in the newest Living Story. They occur in the story part: Trouble at Fort Salma. I won’t spoil it, but be sure to talk to them & listen.
We must find them a safe, great place to start a pod! I would like to suggest my Hall of Monuments!
<3 <3
~Milly

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Angel was correct! Pen & Bloom have returned to Kessex Hills in the newest Living Story. They occur in the story part: Trouble at Fort Salma. I won’t spoil it, but be sure to talk to them & listen.
We must find them a safe, great place to start a pod! I would like to suggest my Hall of Monuments!
<3 <3
~Milly

the scrying pool is so shallow you can’t even dive. might as well put them on a fish tank.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

<3 <3
~Milly

the scrying pool is so shallow you can’t even dive. might as well put them on a fish tank.

Great Idea. We can then make them do tricks, and have people come in and watch for money.
We’ll call it… Seaworld.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Milea.6043

Awwww now I feel terrible! whimpers Free Pen & Bloom!

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

<3 <3
~Milly

Great Idea. We can then make them do tricks, and have people come in and watch for money.
We’ll call it… Seaworld.

i was thinking more of fit-for-bedroom sized tanks. you know, just barely wide enough to fit them.

also on the list of issues with bringing them to the eye: the place is on the far shiverpeaks, so it’s cold as heck (the eye doesn’t even have a freaking roof), and it’s probably (most likely) surrounded by icebrood that would love to go for some quaggan popsicles.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I’m glad to see racism against Quaggans has not left us GW2 players. I too agree we should make Quaggans as pets or highly-priced attractions.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Wait, I remember two Quaggans in one of the human zones discussing that they wanted to/had to travel to/through Kessex Hills, fearful that some of the toxicity still lingered, or something. I don’t remember if they were those two specific Quaggans, but it was a day or two before E2 came out. I remember the talk clearly, since I really liked it that the living story affected NPC conversations like that!

I’ve seen quite some NPC’s references LS events throughout the zones while leveling alts, really lovely.

Peneloopee & Bloomanoo

in Lore

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

We’ll call it… Seaworld.

Netflix’s next big hit: Blackfish 2 – A Fantastic Tale of Slavery
“2 Flippers Up! Coo!” – Festivoo
“A most excellent film for engendering pity and sympathy with any woman!” – Lord Faren of Divinity’s Reach
“Stop flapping your jaw on me and move out!” – Vitas Quickeye
“I love quaggan. Taste like barracuda!” – Oratuss Kolossuss