Phantasm weapons and their lore.

in Lore

Posted by: Lexx.5780

Lexx.5780

Hello, I’ve been trying to find this information everywhere but couldn’t:

Is there any story behind these weapons (phantasm weapons; mesmer phantasms have it; you can make them in the Mystic Forge and wield them yourself)?
What material does it consist of; how can my asura pick it up and wield it; where would one find this weapon (can you actually find it or get it from a Djinn in a box).

The weapon that interests me the most is Wall of the Mists. Does it have to do anything with the Mists? As far as I know, phantasms are just projections with a little bit of denial magic. How can then a person not versed in that magic get it? Or is it just the will and belief of the person that makes the shield real?

Why would a mesmer then wield such a weapon? Oh, wait, to decieve maybe. I got this one I think.

If anyone has any more info on these Mysterious weapons, I’d like to know,

Thank you, Lexx

Link to them on wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:Phantasm_weapons

Quis qustodiet custodes?

in Lore

Posted by: Draugl.8079

Draugl.8079

I’m not sure they thought that much of the lore part when they were making the phantasm weapons craftable. I thing they just had the models and the effects and it was easy to make them weapon skins then

in Lore

Posted by: Beetle.2476

Beetle.2476

Well, since there’s pretty much no lore in this, I’ll try and pull a plausible explanation out of my kitten.

Phantasm weapons are made from the Mists, so when they are created, they become real. If the person who created it wills it to disappear, it dissipates. Since our good friend Zorry makes us these weapons, he decides to create a weapon out of the Mists since hes too lazy to look in his bottomless supply of gear. He gives it to us, and so it stays solid.

in Lore

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

There was once an Elonian named Renei. He was a trader of sorts. He traveled gathering lost relics in the desert then returning to cities to turn a profit. One time during his explorations, he ran into a Seer. The Seer granted him the ability to see into the mists. He slowly went mad. He returned to a town to sell his wares, being tormented inside, and met a mesmer named Carter. Carter taught him illusion magic, as it was very similar to the magic of the mists, and they travelled Elina for twenty years as a show. But Carter got old and settled away back in his hometown. Renei seemed to have not aged at all. He slowly went mad, not having someone to release his powers with, and went on a journey into the desert to find the Seer. One night he sheltered down into a cave, as a downpour had begun. During the night, the Seer returned with two ascalonians. The Seer told Renei to remain in this cave until it’s return. Once the seer had gone, the two ascalonians sat in two chairs that appeared out of no where and began working on weaponry. Renei begged them to teach him, and in turn he would open the mists so they could return home. The crafting proved a potent cure to his boredom, and sending the Ascolonians back was a very minor feat as he had become a walking portal. He lived in between the dimensions of man and the Mists. This so did his worn. For eighty years he crafted weapon after weapon, each having existence in both the human dimension and the mists. This gave them a low opacity appearance, but to Renei, they were sturdy, powerful weapons.
After the eighty years, a djinn came. His name was Zommoros: Having a similar magic, Renei taught him everything he knew just to have some sort of company. After two years, Zommorros left. He went off into the desert. He eventually became entombed in the mystic forge and now creates these weapons on his own account, dispersing them throughout Tyria if a person is worthy.
As of Renei, he waited in that cave for 36 more years until the Seer did come. He went out into the world, to see it completely changed by the Guild Wars. He went to the northern shiver peaks. Then deep into the Maguuma Jungle, exploring the world. He showed to some how to enter the mists, creating a small opening through which peol could go and return with no personal harm. Finally, he settled on the borders of the Maguuma Jungle and Wastes. No one knows if he died, or he simply dissapeared one day, Into the Mists.

DISCLAIMER None of this is factual lore, just something I made up.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

(edited by sierras.6297)

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Also, Scarlet met Renei while in the Mists and learned everything he knew in less than a day.

in Lore

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

Also, Scarlet met Renei while in the Mists and learned everything he knew in less than a day.

What? I don’t quite get your connection, please elaborate.

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng