Potential Allies of the Mordrem

in Lore

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Ignoring the issues surrounding the Mordrem Invasion, let’s take a look at what they might mean for the game story-wise.

It seems to me that the Nightmare Court are in fact working with them due to their presence with them in the Brisban Wilds. This could merely be them spawning near each other and not being coded to fight one and other, but who knows.

I’ve only played 2/3 maps and haven’t noticed any other instances of Mordrem working with other enemies. Do you think this was just an oversight, or could the Nightmare Court really be siding with Mordremoth.

If that is the case, what are your thoughts on this potential alliance? I would have preferred this not to happen since the Nightmare Court seems to oppose being controlled by ANYONE. Not just the Pale Tree. Also, it’s not as if they have fallen to the corruption of Mordremoth due to being weak willed since they would have turned into Mordrem guards. At least, I think that’s how it works. Not 100% sure.

in Lore

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Those nightmare courtiers are part of the toxic alliance, and the toxic alliance events were there before the mordrem invasions. I don’t really see a correlation, they just chose not to remove those events.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Its an oversight. Theyre just overlapping thats all.

Turned Sylvari become Mordrem Guard as per todays lore article. It would make no sense to have unturned allies

in Lore

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Okay, I had a feeling that this might be the case. Thanks for the clarification!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I have yet to see the invading mordrem attack any other hostile NPC there is in the game.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

I have yet to see the invading mordrem attack any other hostile NPC there is in the game.

Now that I think about it, I’ve seen them fight bandits and wildlife in Brisban, but not Toxic Alliance. Got to keep my eyes open if they happen to be near non-TA nightmare courtiers in any of the incursion locations…

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

They are near the Terebeth Tree, and they weren’t fighting the Nightmare Hounds/Spiders there that I saw.

But they weren’t attacking Ascalonian Ghosts, Minotaurs, or Seperatists in Diessa as I saw. And they weren’t attacking ettin in Kessex as I saw.

But maybe they were and I mistook it as them attacking players.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

I didn’t see them attacking wolves in Dissea. Meatoberfest was in full swing and the charr were still shooting fireworks, and the separatists trying to break them. Mordrem didn’t care about separatists, and separatists didn’t care about mordrem. This is operating like Scarlet’s Invasion… with disregard for the zone and what’s in it. The events don’t interact with each other, and if NPCs are attacking each other it is happenstance.

You’d think the charr would put a halt to Meatoberfest with a threat like the mordrem right outside their door, but alas we’ve been down this road before.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Its an oversight. Theyre just overlapping thats all.

Turned Sylvari become Mordrem Guard as per todays lore article. It would make no sense to have unturned allies

Well we know they as per the article: “They will try to convince their former sylvari brethren to join them” so it would sort of make sense for Mordrem (and specifically Mordrem Guard) to approach… un-un-corrupted… Sylvari.