Queen Jennah isn't real

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

You know, what I perhaps think is worse about the whole Pavilion encounter, is that Jennah and Anise do not warn anyone of their plan. They don’t notify Logan, who would be loyal enough to sacrifice his life for this clone that everyone perceives to be Jennah. And Lord Faren even does so (thus kind of making a mockery of Logan really).

So Jennah almost got two people killed…. AGAIN! Just because… ehh… no good reason given.

As pointed out before, Scarlet should have been clever enough to anticipate that Jennah would pull such a stunt. This blunder directly conflicts with her character. Doesn’t anyone and their mother know that Jennah is a powerful mesmer? Certainly Scarlet would know. And since Scarlet made a public threat towards the Queen and her celebration, shouldn’t she expect a mesmer trick? After all, she kind of provoked a response from Jennah. Everyone knew that Scarlet would disrupt the celebration, so there was no excuse for Scarlet to fall for this simple trick.

Also, since the imminent attack by Scarlet was so obvious, why wasn’t there more security?

It sounds rather vicious when you put it like that, but in the end of the day the life of a Queen is still worth much more than the couple civilians that might suffer for it. If the Queen falls, so does the morale of all her followers, meaning it’s an easy victory.

And I wouldn’t trust Logan with the truth either, it was much more convincing this way.

As for why Scarlet fell for it? I can just write it down to “she’s by far not as smart as people make her out to be, just crafty”.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Cyriss.1062

Cyriss.1062

Lyssa = Lyss + Ilya

Remember the goddess of illusion has to faces : one is official, the other one is hidden. The two twin sisters live together and so do Anise and Jennah, they live together, and Anise is always in the shadow of the queen.

They maybe both the incarnation of Lyssa or at leat powerful champions of the goddess

Edit : By “official” and “hidden” I mean that lyssa is all about dual nature and conceiling your beauty under an ugly face or the contrary…
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lyssa

(edited by Cyriss.1062)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Lyssa = Lyss + Ilya

Remember the goddess of illusion has to faces : one is official, the other one is hidden. The two twin sisters live together and so do Anise and Jennah, they live together, and Anise is always in the shadow of the queen.

They maybe both the incarnation of Lyssa or at leat powerful champions of the goddess

So what are they called then? Annah or Jennise?

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t think it was ever said that Lyss and Ilya has an “official” face and a “hidden” face…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

There are different kinds of intelligence. Scarlet is shown to be naturally proficient when dealing with engineering and schooling form various races. So, she’s real booksmart. That doesn’t neccesarily mean she will understand peoples tactics as well as she does their technology.

Plus we don’t know if her goal was to actually killing the queen. She was rather interested in spreading chaos across Tyria. And she was quite successful.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Smooshkin.8465

Smooshkin.8465

Finally her bland personality makes sense!

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Now I seriously wish so much this story was true guys…would finally add some cool turn of events… o.o

\||||||/
O°v°O

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Jennah is written in the books as her own character feeling and experiencing things (like the Kralkatorrik’s mind incident) by herself and all that. An illusion wouldn’t be able to sense and express those things.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Shaftronics.8651

Shaftronics.8651

Jennah is written in the books as her own character feeling and experiencing things (like the Kralkatorrik’s mind incident) by herself and all that. An illusion wouldn’t be able to sense and express those things.

Somewhat debunked in the book; Sea of Sorrows.

Macha, an Asuran Mesmer, was capable of forming an illusion that showed sorrow shortly before it faded away.

I would argue that it would really depend on how skilled the Mesmer is.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Lokheit.7943

Somewhat debunked in the book; Sea of Sorrows.

Macha, an Asuran Mesmer, was capable of forming an illusion that showed sorrow shortly before it faded away.

I would argue that it would really depend on how skilled the Mesmer is.

What I meant is that the book narrative treated Jennah as a character with her own point of view. Even if an illusion can be made to show sorrow, they don’t have their own point of view as characters.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

Ok, guys. So this is the full quote from Edge of Destiny.
I sincerely think that even given this whole scene, Queen Jennah can be a clone.
Anisse being so close to her all the time, her mirrory eyes and Anisse channeling his mind into Jennah are key points for me.

But I leave you to decide for yourselves.

I’m giving it a spoiler tag just in case.

If the mods do not allow me to post this (copy right and stuff), just tell me. I’ll delete it at once.

Pg. 322

Quenn Jennah and her three Shining Blade bodyguards had just entered he armory on the fifth floor of the keep when lightning struck. Boom! It as like being inside a drum. The walls shuddered, the floor shook, and the stones and bodies plunged past the windows.

Hands gripped the queen, steadying here. It as Countess Anisse – pale, thin, beautiful and angry. “What was that?” the queen wondered aloud. “There was a mind in that stroke.”

Countess Anise said, “Yes. I felt it, too.”

The queen stepped up to the window, drawing Anise with her. She stared out into the tormented sky and said, “We are mesmers. We know minds – How to touch them, how to turn them. Let us meditate on the mind in this storm.”

Anise channeled thoughts into her.

Queen Jennah of Kryta, staring from a window high in Ebonhawke Keep, peered into the mind of darkness.

It was unlike any she had wrestled before.

A sandstorm. A chaos. Bottomless hunger. Endless outrage.

She glimpsed it for just a moment, but that was enough. In that moment, it had glimpsed her.

Crying out, Queen Jennah reeled back from the window. Countess Anise caught her, staring in dread at her queen.

Pg. 323

“That’s what they look like,” Jennah said, panting. Her eyes were like mirrors. “That’s what it’s like to look into the mind of a dragon.”

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

From the short story “What Scarlet Saw” https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/short-story-what-scarlet-saw/ I would say that possibly exposing the Queen as an illusion was her true intent all along, not just taking a few petty hostages, that was just for “fun”.

Personally, I think the gods’ absence is linked with the elder dragons, Dwayna and Jormag, Lyssa and Kralkatorik, Balthazar and Primordus, Grenth and Zhaitan, Melandru and Mordremoth, Kormir and “Bubbles”. If not a direct relation, the same entity.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

No, please no more Gods=Dragons theories

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Yes, please Mistro, do not hijack this page to push a topic that has been done to death over and over again.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Lokheit.7943

No, please no more Gods=Dragons theories

Seconded.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

Sorry, wasn’t aware of that, but it does seem to be very apparent. Jeez, first time I dip my toe into the lore forum people bite =p.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

It is not against you. There have been probably hundreds of threads pointing out that theory, and over and over again it has been shot down as a reality because of many valid points which I do not wish to repeat, so as to stay on the topic that we are a part of. I know the search engine may suck, but if you just go through the topics in this forum I am sure you will find one within the first 10 pages of forum threads.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Lokheit.7943

It is not against you. There have been probably hundreds of threads pointing out that theory, and over and over again it has been shot down as a reality because of many valid points which I do not wish to repeat, so as to stay on the topic that we are a part of. I know the search engine may suck, but if you just go through the topics in this forum I am sure you will find one within the first 10 pages of forum threads.

This. Don’t take it personal we don’t bite (well, sometimes, when I’m sleepy and hungry…).

It’s just that this has been brought and refuted so many times that we jump the moment we hear about it. We know there are always people new to the lore and that the search engine is far from perfect, but a this point we get a bit grumpy with that :P

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

I didn’t mean to sound harsh. I’m not a lore expert and never post on the forums, but I do read the posts and never liked the Gods are Dragons theories. My apologies if I hurt your feelings.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I never really understood why people tried to connect Dwayna, a goddess of warmth and light, to Jormag, the Elder Dragon of ice and snow. The themes are complete opposites, while all the other comparisons are “matched up” (sort of).

But I’m detracting…

@Ludovicous: the glassy eyes in that scene is due to looking into Kralkatorrik’s mind. This means that Kralkatorrik, whom has only altered the physical and eletrical, had minutely altered Jennah. Plus, glassy is the last thing I’d use to describe an illusion’s eyes.

There are many other scenes too, by the way, where Jennah is treated as her own. In fact, and this is all pure memory so I may be wrong, when Logan woke up after killing the destroyer harpy-with-a-name, Jennah was there, with Anise said to be elsewhere.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Hm… In that scene, Dylan is the only attendent named, but there’s nothing that actually says he was the only one. As for Anise, she wasn’t even mentioned in the book until the end, but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t at the arena.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

All of us. Abandoned. She’s not real. She can’t be here!

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Hahahaha. Good one. +1 to you and your splendid timing, darling.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

I never really understood why people tried to connect Dwayna, a goddess of warmth and light, to Jormag, the Elder Dragon of ice and snow. The themes are complete opposites, while all the other comparisons are “matched up” (sort of).

But I’m detracting…

@Ludovicous: the glassy eyes in that scene is due to looking into Kralkatorrik’s mind. This means that Kralkatorrik, whom has only altered the physical and eletrical, had minutely altered Jennah. Plus, glassy is the last thing I’d use to describe an illusion’s eyes.

There are many other scenes too, by the way, where Jennah is treated as her own. In fact, and this is all pure memory so I may be wrong, when Logan woke up after killing the destroyer harpy-with-a-name, Jennah was there, with Anise said to be elsewhere.

In page 162 it says that aside from the seraph she had other attendants, too – blue-robbed men and women in courtly attire, their eyes sharp an scanning the crowd.
It doesn’t explicitly mention Anise, but it’s likely that she was one of the women with blue robes.

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

Hahahaha. Good one. +1 to you and your splendid timing, darling.

Where does this quote come from ??

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The Uncategorized Fractal. It’s what the crazy Asura at the end keeps yelling.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

The Uncategorized Fractal. It’s what the crazy Asura at the end keeps yelling.

Oh, I remember now XD

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

what if when Anise and Jennah were in their younger teens, Anise died protecting Jennah from assassins wanting her dead to vacate the throne. The young Jennah feeling anguish, anger and guilt for the death of her friend joins the shining blade using her friend’s name and becoming a powerful mesmer.

Once her political enemies have been dealt with, she becomes queen and then projects her friends image as queen as an ultimate tribute. Her lasting memory of her friend is barefoot because she let Anise try out one of her dresses that night of her death, a white and yellow off-shoulder dress.

Queen Jennah is always barefoot.

Attachments:

(edited by Zevilo.9304)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

It is quite odd that she’s always barefoot, isn’kitten …is there some explanation for this in the books? I have not read them yet

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

I didn’t check the pavilion Jennah if she was barefoot also. And with the little interactions I’ve had with Jennah in the human story line, barefoot is like her norm. She’s royalty so she’s supposed to act with a certain aristocracy yet she acts like a commoner.

There for I conclude that she is a mesmer clone of the real Anise that died a long time ago being projected by the Master Exemplar of the shining blade, and the real Jennah is assuming the identity of Countess Anise. Protecting the throne against those that seek to use it to destabilize the region with shady politics and war mongering. And Logan has no idea, he hasn’t even laid one finger on Jennah clone.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

it could also be the other way around and by jennah that died and anise that uses her so that there is not going to be a war for power in the human kingdom of kryta as it cant deal with that right now

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It is quite odd that she’s always barefoot, isn’kitten …is there some explanation for this in the books? I have not read them yet

When ever Queen Jennah loses a bet, she eats her own shoes. Kryta has lost a lot of money that way over the years.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: yeosel.7902

yeosel.7902

Actually there is an illusion being cast on queen Jenna She is actually a He!!!! poor Logan

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I have a point concerning the quote from “Edge of Destiny” (p. 322) (emphasis mine):

Queen Jennah and her three Shining Blade bodyguards

Now, we learn that Anise is one of those three bodyguards. However, the rest of that conversation is still carried out in front of the other two Shining Blade bodyguards. This means that Jennah and Anise are actually not having their conversation privately.

This actually debunks the argument that “if Jennah and Anise are secretly one person, she is talking to herself for no reason”, since there was an audience of two Shining Blade bodyguards.

(I’m not saying this proves the theory, by the way. It just invalidates one specific counterargument.)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

As much as I would love this to turn out true, I do not have faith enough in the people writing this story to have leveraged such an intriguing and meaningful plot hook.

I wish to be proven wrong but ultimately this level of complexity is beyond the scope of GW2, which is very much just random pulp fantasy at this point, where lore is written to justify adding things to the world in stead of the other way around.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Pip.2094

How about…Countess Anise, is the original Queen Jennah, look and personality. (Do not kill me if I say too bad nonsenses please >< ) She was kept well protected and hidden ever since she was a newborn…after all, the world was far from being safe for the young heir of the King, with Charr and White Mantle and all of the haters who might have wanted to get rid of her…so by the will of the King, maybe even some advisor, it was decided to keep the identity of the real Jennah secret to everyone but some very close people, family, few servants and Shining Blades…and to make it even safer, maybe the King or the ex head of Shining Blades could have created the illusion of a totally different looking little girl, that would be used anytime her precence would be needed for some public ceremony or situation…
As the young Jennah grew up, she was taught how to create and control the illusion on her own and that’s about it.. ><

\||||||/
O°v°O

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

^Actually that’s very similar to something I wrote a little while back. I stated that Jennah was Anise and at around adolescence, when she would be going through a lot of physical changes, she started with this charade that continues until this very day.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Pip.2094

Sowwy, must have misread

\||||||/
O°v°O

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

As much as I would love this to turn out true, I do not have faith enough in the people writing this story to have leveraged such an intriguing and meaningful plot hook.

I wish to be proven wrong but ultimately this level of complexity is beyond the scope of GW2, which is very much just random pulp fantasy at this point, where lore is written to justify adding things to the world in stead of the other way around.

As long as the theory is not inconsistent with any other official sources, it may as well be true.

GW1 lore was considered rich not because of Anet’s (non-existent) story telling skills. It was because the community filled in the gaps and expanded it on their own. The original lore forum had a decree on which it was founded upon:

Nothing in game is happenstance or programming limitations. Absolutely everything you can see is deliberately put there.

It is from that foundation that people found the reassurance to let creativity flow and enrich the otherwise mediocre mmo-world. Bottomline: You’re buying into the fantasy, would you rather have a nice one, or a meh one?

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

(edited by Heinel.6548)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Next

Queen Jennah has simply discovered that shoes are overrated, and lives her life barefoot. Think of how much money she has saved the kingdom, not having to buy her shoes for every occasion! ;-)

Seriously though, there are at least a handful of us devs who practice a barefoot lifestyle. I’m sure some people will always think it’s “weird”, but at least around the studio, it’s become just another facet in a diverse workplace.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Dang it! Another red post and he didn’t tell us that they are implementing this storyline! lol

waves hand This is the plot you’re looking for! :P

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Queen Jennah has simply discovered that shoes are overrated, and lives her life barefoot. Think of how much money she has saved the kingdom, not having to buy her shoes for every occasion! ;-)

Imelda Marcos does not approve of this message!

Seriously though, there are at least a handful of us devs who practice a barefoot lifestyle. I’m sure some people will always think it’s “weird”, but at least around the studio, it’s become just another facet in a diverse workplace.

I got the door for a co-worker who was locked out once while barefoot. I was tending a problem with one of my toes at the time and she was very upset by my lack of shoes. This whole exchange was surreal because my cube mate was a Korean gentleman who often wore Crocs and took them off during work hours. No one complained at him. I need to work for ANet.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

So … does that mean we can get a hide shoe option along with the hide helm and hide glove?

I would also like to point out that while it is not weird the environment is very different! I doubt the ANet office floor is covered in broken elixir bottles from millions of litterbug engineers.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Sadly, I think you’re right.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

So … does that mean we can get a hide shoe option along with the hide helm and hide glove?

I would also like to point out that while it is not weird the environment is very different! I doubt the ANet office floor is covered in broken elixir bottles from millions of litterbug engineers.

Come on, give us the hide shoes option. I’m tired of faking it with skintones on shoes.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

Now I really want an option to hide shoes as well.

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Maybe you should ask Logan. Or wait…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

And now ArenaNet has cleverly diverted the discussion towards the far safer topic of Queen Jennah’s fashion sense. I see what you are doing there…

You don’t like us discussing the possibility of a one-person conspiracy between Queen Jennah and Countess Anise, don’t you? We were getting dangerously close to the truth, weren’t we?

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

^Time for the TIN HATS PEOPLE!!!

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Tupi.2967

Tupi.2967

This theory is just senseless. How can a clone eat and do their things all the time and nobody suspects of anything? Theres plenty of powerful magic people in Tyria. I dont get why make twists for twists sakes, it’s just turns the story contrived.

A better theory would be that Anise is Jennah sister or something like that, even lovers (hey, caithe).