Queen Jennah isn't real

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

A better theory would be that Anise is Jennah sister or something like that, even lovers (hey, caithe).

That can’t be true. Because if it was, that would make Logan the luckiest man in the GW2 universe. That would officially kill the game’s lore for me.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Perrrrsonally, I like to think that Jennah’s barefootedness is actually down to some very crafty and skilled craftsmanship. Basically that she is wearing sandals of a sort but they are so fine crafted as to be almost imperceptible.

As for being an illusion… I don’t think so.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Tupi.2967

Tupi.2967

A better theory would be that Anise is Jennah sister or something like that, even lovers (hey, caithe).

That can’t be true. Because if it was, that would make Logan the luckiest man in the GW2 universe. That would officially kill the game’s lore for me.

Lol she cant stand him and Logan hates her, this will not happen! It was stated that Jennah loves Logan (or is it just a Logan thing)? If so, why dont they marry? Maybe in the next Queen festival?

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: MatthewMedina

Previous

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Haha, no my posts are not some “pay no attention to the man behind the curtain” diversion. By all means, this is an interesting discussion. Although I think the evidence that Queen Jennah being real is fairly well established, I actually do enjoy reading the theories about her being nothing more than an illusion in the same way I’m fascinated by web pages which describe how we never landed on the moon, or that 9/11 was a cleverly orchestrated government plot. :-P

I too have argued that we need a “hide footwear” option on characters, but to no avail. We got the option to hide gloves/gauntlets not that long ago, and that was in response to a bug that was needed to be fixed. hint

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

In Caudecus Manor’s story dungeon, Jennah didn’t save herself.

This one is kind of tricky. It plays into the “My powers are not a threat” illusion Jennah (apparently) tries to maintain to be more peaceful with other people (and other leaders).

After all, how comfortable would you be sitting across from a person that could Mind-screw an entire army?

As far as Anise and Logan – they both want to protect the Queen, and both don’t like each other. It could simply be a form of rivalry – after all, who would want to be implicated as unable to do their job? That’s largely what their presence means to each other, as I see it. (Well, and Anise being a, um, witch with that Rytlock/Watchwork bit.)

As for a lack of Bodyguard/Principal tension – they’ve been together a long time. They’ve probably learned to trust each other, and also keep any squabbles out of view.

And Fnodette – Jennah is a queen. Marriage is a weapon/tool for her. By not marrying yet, she can use it to manipulate.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

I too have argued that we need a “hide footwear” option on characters, but to no avail. We got the option to hide gloves/gauntlets not that long ago, and that was in response to a bug that was needed to be fixed. hint

So instead of fixing bugs, we hide them under a ‘do not show’ checkbox?

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

No, the “hint” is to go looking for any bugs involving footwear, so that these will have to be fixed by adding the “hide” option.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: kikojak.7051

kikojak.7051

Haha, no my posts are not some “pay no attention to the man behind the curtain” diversion. By all means, this is an interesting discussion. Although I think the evidence that Queen Jennah being real is fairly well established, I actually do enjoy reading the theories about her being nothing more than an illusion in the same way I’m fascinated by web pages which describe how we never landed on the moon, or that 9/11 was a cleverly orchestrated government plot. :-P

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: kikojak.7051

kikojak.7051

I tried replying to your post on the phone turns out i spammed it can i remove this somehow anyway back to the topic what if that anise somehow kidnapped jennah and is using her now as an illusion but yet it is somehow connected with that barefoot hint just why doesnt she wear highheels or smth maybe anise illusion couldnt be perfected and resulted in leaving the illusion barefooted just maybe

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Meili Ying.3820

Meili Ying.3820

Countise Anise is using an illusion to fool people into thinking that she is an elementalist, and is making an illusionary Jennah in order to fool people like Logan and Faren. This Illusionary Jennah can make illusions itself, which actually means that it is Anise that is using her own illusions to make her illusionary Jennah appear to using illusions for her own purposes while being secretly masked by Anise’s own illusionary schemes….

yeah, I have no idea what I said either….

Fix the Search Function

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

Maybe Jennah is actually a princess. Every RPG needs a princess. She’s queen because princesses gets kidnapped a lot. Look how much Scarlet failed to capture a queen. If Jennah was a princess, she would be kidnapped.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

Thank you Logan! But the Queen is in another dungeon!

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I think she’s real. I just think she bewitched Logan and uses him for her own purposes in a rather negative way that involves leading him on for years. Logan’s never going to get with her. She’s more interested in scheming with the shining blade.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

No, the “hint” is to go looking for any bugs involving footwear, so that these will have to be fixed by adding the “hide” option.

Simple. Asura’s three-clawed feet clip through virtually all footwear. I’ve assumed that this was due to launch deadlines and would be fixed eventually, but since it hasn’t been, how do we get this entered as a bug?

I’ve also heard about some very weird bugs with pants…

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Matthew,

Coincidently a few of my buddies were on vent discussing how our characters should be able to take on the Cody Lundin lifestyle.

I definitely support this as some of us want our characters to feel “physically connected” to the world we defend.

Cheers

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Impossible because that would actually be interesting.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Natsu.2589

Natsu.2589

“Tick tock goes the clock
It’s almost time for time to stop
Something you all must understand
Your world is built on fog and sand

You’re out of time, your jig is done
It’s time for Scarlet to have her fun
She has some hard lessons to teach
To the people of Divinity’s Reach

So mark the date in permanent ink
The hour is later than you think
On the twentieth day she’ll start her games
And warm her hands over Kryta’s flames!”

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: DaGhostDS.9738

DaGhostDS.9738

(edited by DaGhostDS.9738)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Thank you Logan! But the Queen is in another dungeon!

Thank you Logan! But the Queen is in another human castle… oh…

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Eh, longer nose, tanner skin, fuller lips. Not quite the same person.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

“hide footwear” option on characters, but to no avail. We got the option to hide gloves/gauntlets not that long ago, and that was in response to a bug that was needed to be fixed. hint

That I would love so much for my Charrs! :O

\||||||/
O°v°O

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Hello Fellow Tyrians.

Maybe this is something that could put my life in risk by saying it but I’ve been suspecting for a while that queen Jennah isn’t a real person.

The last speech and some of the events in Edge of Destiny made me believe that she’s just an illusion cast by countess Anise and I believe that she’s the real ruller.

I would explain more, but I think I’m being followed by shining blade agents.

Oh, no! The largos assassin has entered the roo-

Now seriously. Do you think this is possible?

It would explain how her dress defies gravity.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

It would explain how her dress defies gravity.

Actually, her dress doesn’t defy gravity at all, for it is only an illusion. The deepest darkest secret of Queen Jenna is that she is a nudist. She believes that clothes constrict society, and they put up too many barriers between people.

Sadly, there is an ancient Krytan law preventing her from fully expressing these values. It expressly forbids any human of notable rank from exposing themselves indecently to the public, or promoting the nudist lifestyle. Though, she found a loophole in this law. As long as no one knows she is exposing herself indecently, she can continue living her nudist lifestyle, hence the illusionary “gravity defying” dress.

Her going barefoot is her own private way of expressing her views against said nudity law.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

Oh come on… you’re such a killjoy. A red confirmation of her existence throws this thread to the dirt…

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: joedeath.9876

joedeath.9876

So… The Queen is a lie? Just like the cake?
^-~ Someone had to say it!
Okay, onward… Perhaps she isn’t a lie. Maybe, rather than being totally imaginary, the Queen is an illusion… cast on a ghost. It explains the ‘emotions’ arguments, and how she has her own personality. It also explains why she’ll never die! =D

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Oh come on… you’re such a killjoy. A red confirmation of her existence throws this thread to the dirt…

Don’t give up! This is just the developer trying to throw you off of the trail! You are on the right path!!!!

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

She’s not real. She’s a video game NPC

If you really want to go there she is real, as she is a certain combinations of 1’ and 0’s. She exists just as much as this game exists, virtually. If she didn’t exist in some capacity there wouldn’t be an NPC called Jennah.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

She’s not real. She’s a video game NPC

If you really want to go there she is real, as she is a certain combinations of 1’ and 0’s. She exists just as much as this game exists, virtually. If she didn’t exist in some capacity there wouldn’t be an NPC called Jennah.

What is existence?

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

Wow this tread just went metaphyscial

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

I mean really. If she was an illusion cast by Anise’s mind. Jennah would exist inside the mesmer mind. And this character idea would’ve made his way out from the mind of her owner into the real world.
Don’t our ideas and imaginations exist inside our minds?
Is a character’s existence less valuable than a real person’s just because it doesn’t have an obvious physical manifestation?
Even though most characters make it out from their creator minds to paper and may reside on other minds as well. And even if they don’t make it into paper. They are part of the synapse and the chemical reactions on the brain of the creator and/or the reader.
See the thirteenth floor

Now I ask. Even if she wasn’t made of flesh, bone and sinew.
Would that made her less existent?

Aren’t we characters that have completely taken over our bodies? Don’t the schizophrenic people have their bodies taken by multiple characters? Is any of them less existent than the other? Don’t we change the our character as we grow up and become more mature?

I ask again. What is existence?

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

I mean really. If she was an illusion cast by Anise’s mind. Jennah would exist inside the mesmer mind. And this character idea would’ve made his way out from the mind of her owner into the real world.
Don’t our ideas and imaginations exist inside our minds?
Is a character’s existence less valuable than a real person’s just because it doesn’t have an obvious physical manifestation?
Even though most characters make it out from their creator minds to paper and may reside on other minds as well. And even if they don’t make it into paper. They are part of the synapse and the chemical reactions on the brain of the creator and/or the reader.
See the thirteenth floor

Now I ask. Even if she wasn’t made of flesh, bone and sinew.
Would that made her less existent?

Aren’t we characters that have completely taken over our bodies? Don’t the schizophrenic people have their bodies taken by multiple characters? Is any of them less existent than the other? Don’t we change the our character as we grow up and become more mature?

I ask again. What is existence?

Congratulations good sir you have made me question my own existence.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

They could be twins whose Mesmer abilities strengthen by gestalt. It’d explain some of the ridiculous levels of Mindkitten they both pull off.

• Jennah Mindkittening an entire army of Kralk’s punks
  • Anise putting an illusion on the PC that doesn’t require physical proximity to upkeep
  • Also goes well with the lore, RE: Lyssa.

As for appearance differences, it makes more sense to differ, so as to deflect any troublesome questions?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

She’s Old Man Jenkins! And she would have gotten away with it too if it hadn’t been for us meddling kids!

Actually this has been an interesting thread. While the idea of a mesmer projecting a false person might not apply to Queen Jennah, I think it would make for a cool storyline.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I still like to think that Jennah secretly wears other people’s feet for shoes.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

asura definitely need a hide shoe function
2 of our toes point out of any shoe we wear defeating the purpose of the shoe in the first place

maybe give em more foot wraps or something with out soels or… I dont know… a hide shoe function?

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Rypo Falem.8913

Rypo Falem.8913

I’m fascinated by web pages which describe how we never landed on the moon, or that 9/11 was a cleverly orchestrated government plot. :-P

Be careful what you say on the internet. I am happy that this thread didn’t turn into a discussion revolving around that topic but it very easily could have…

Hmmm….report clipping issues with multiple sets of armor involving footwear specifically?. I’ll see if I can’t rally some support for more show/hide armor by more legitimate means :P

(edited by Rypo Falem.8913)

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

As far as Anise and Logan – they both want to protect the Queen, and both don’t like each other. It could simply be a form of rivalry – after all, who would want to be implicated as unable to do their job? That’s largely what their presence means to each other, as I see it.

What gave that impression? I’ve done the beginning of the Human storyline more times than I can count, and I thought they got along rather well.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Seraph.6145

Seraph.6145

Queen ain’t real, It’s just one of Kalkatorrik’s illusions!
He’s foolin’ with us! I tell ya…
First he hipnotized Logan, then called for “help” when Destiny’s Edge was about to slay him!
So Logan went to Ebonhawke to help “Jennah”…
….while Kalkatorrik broke free when Snaff died and flew away in peace…
D*MN I"M GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

First he hipnotized Logan, then called for “help” when Destiny’s Edge was about to slay him!
D*MN I"M GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be an interesting twist.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

First he hypnotized Logan, then called for “help” when Destiny’s Edge was about to slay him!
D*MN I"M GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be an interesting twist.

Settle down there, Shyamalan. Time for your meds.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I think Queen Jenna is just some code in a virtual reality, and all of Tyria is just algorithms running on some computers somewhere.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Seraph.6145

Seraph.6145

I think Queen Jenna is just some code in a virtual reality, and all of Tyria is just algorithms running on some computers somewhere.

It ain’t Matrix, pal!

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

The code that you are talking about is really the eternal alchemy, lol. All cogs in a great machine.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

You know, what I perhaps think is worse about the whole Pavilion encounter, is that Jennah and Anise do not warn anyone of their plan. They don’t notify Logan, who would be loyal enough to sacrifice his life for this clone that everyone perceives to be Jennah. And Lord Faren even does so (thus kind of making a mockery of Logan really).

So Jennah almost got two people killed…. AGAIN! Just because… ehh… no good reason given.

As pointed out before, Scarlet should have been clever enough to anticipate that Jennah would pull such a stunt. This blunder directly conflicts with her character. Doesn’t anyone and their mother know that Jennah is a powerful mesmer? Certainly Scarlet would know. And since Scarlet made a public threat towards the Queen and her celebration, shouldn’t she expect a mesmer trick? After all, she kind of provoked a response from Jennah. Everyone knew that Scarlet would disrupt the celebration, so there was no excuse for Scarlet to fall for this simple trick.

Also, since the imminent attack by Scarlet was so obvious, why wasn’t there more security?

The more people who know of the plan, the more likely it is to be exposed. Hell, I’d bet most of the shining blade present didn’t even know about the plan. Also, Logan was in a different area. Lord Faren was nearby. Really, it helped sell the illusion (until it broke).

ALSO. I distinctly and explicitly recall reading how Jennah purposefully puts on a front most of the time (especially to the ministers) JUST to make people underestimate her. This is likely what happened in the CM dungeon (Do note, I recall Anise never being present there. I very much think it’d be hard to maintain an illusion from DR to CM). And afterward when she ‘invited’ him to stay with her while his manor was secured/repaired, it was purposefully so she could keep a VERY close eye on him.

Also. Not telling logan about the plan reminds me of a clone wars episode, where Obi-wan faked his death to infiltrate a criminal ring. Nobody told anakin about the plan, so the grief and anger was REAL, and sold the illusion.

Same thing, if perhaps Logan knew Jennah on the platform wasn’t real, he’d maybe focus more on civilians instantly/something else then her, which would be a very, very obvious tell she isn’t real.

They could be twins whose Mesmer abilities strengthen by gestalt. It’d explain some of the ridiculous levels of Mindkitten they both pull off.

• Jennah Mindkittening an entire army of Kralk’s punks
  • Anise putting an illusion on the PC that doesn’t require physical proximity to upkeep
  • Also goes well with the lore, RE: Lyssa.

As for appearance differences, it makes more sense to differ, so as to deflect any troublesome questions?

Now THIS theory I can get behind. Maybe not twins, but sisters who work together (And thus amplify their powers, kinda like how they worked together to look into Kralk’s mind) and stay close to each other? Also would explain some of the less bickering. They aren’t just Queen and head bodyguard, they are very close friends and sisters.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Jennah is said to be the last Krytan royal heir, so I doubt that Anise is her sister. There’d be no reason to hide this information unless Anise is an illegitimate heir.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Jennah is said to be the last Krytan royal heir, so I doubt that Anise is her sister. There’d be no reason to hide this information unless Anise is an illegitimate heir.

Not really a shocking thing given the GW1 king :P.

Or simply put, they are so close they consider each other sisters. One fantasy comic has a great house/family group basically grab a commoner, and assign them to a royal child as a bodyguard/‘twin’. They are raised as blood sisters basically, even though one isn’t royal and doesn’t entirely have the benefits.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Wasnt there a maybe other? The OoW guy says so in the Human PS at some point.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

He insinuates that there is (“She’s the last of the royal line!” “Perhaps not the last…”), but knowing the Order of Whispers that could easily mean some commoner descended from some long forgotten younger brother a hundred years back, or just an oblique statement to make the Order seem to know more than it does. It doesn’t seem enough to support a theory that Anise is Jennah’s sister.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

He insinuates that there is (“She’s the last of the royal line!” “Perhaps not the last…”), but knowing the Order of Whispers that could easily mean some commoner descended from some long forgotten younger brother a hundred years back, or just an oblique statement to make the Order seem to know more than it does. It doesn’t seem enough to support a theory that Anise is Jennah’s sister.

Actually it insinuates to me they do know more (this is the Order of Whispers after all) and they could produce someone much like Salma was found so long ago.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Queen Jennah isn't real

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

You know, Ive’ heard about these lines, but not once have I ever seen them. And they’re not on the wiki, though the articles now look complete. Except talking to the NPCs during The Trap – if that’s where its from, then that would explain why I’ve never seen it.

But if Aaron is quoting verbatim (I’d love to see a screenshot of the lines since its not on wiki…), that sounds to me more like “there could be someone we just don’t know about, like there was with Salma.”

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.