Queen Jennah's Throne/Stone

in Lore

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Hi.

So I don’t spend much time visiting the Queen’s Throne Room, but this time I ran in and realized that the wall behind Queen Jennah’s throne is in fact a huge magical rock. Possibly a bloodstone?

Is there any information I can read somewhere about what this might be all about?

I’ve heard various speculation about the true nature (or lack of true nature) of Queen Shoeless here and am wondering if there have been any details in various dialogues about the significance of the Queen’s “Stone Room”. :P

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

It doesn’t have the same design as every other bloodstone we encountered before. Example: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Bloodstone_2.jpg

(edited by narwhalsbend.7059)

in Lore

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

while an interesting idea, I personally doubt it is a bloodstone, the colouration is too different from those seen in the past, and while this could be explained by the change of art style between GW1 and GW2 It seems more likely that It is a large Piece of the temple of ages that was transported either soon before or soon after Itwas destroyed by flooding, createing Godslost swamp

Raak Bloodmaw

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Honestly, the color is way off- black and red are bloodstone colors, maybe with a bit of purple tint. Like narwhal said, there’s also the matter of two of the three we’ve seen having text or runes of some sort inscribed in patterns- and the third, well, was this . As far as I know, no one in-game makes any mention of the stone, and as far as I can tell, it’s just a pretty chuck of rock. If I had to take a guess, given that the entire dais looks more carved than built, I might say that we’re looking at the peak of a hill DR was built on top of, modified to serve as a proper backdrop- you’ll notice that the only thing the magical glowing bits seem to do is give whoever sits on the royal couch an immense halo.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I recall somewhere long ago it was mentioned by the devs that it is a stone from GW1.

But it’s not a Bloodstone. Too different, no red.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Jelle.2807

Jelle.2807

I vaguely recall a similar stone in gw1’s Talmark Wilderness area in Kryta. Could be mistaken though. I think it was where claypool is now.

(edited by Jelle.2807)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Are you thinking of these pillars?

The area is off the map. I can’t think of any other unique stone in Kryta, let alone Talmark.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Jelle.2807

Jelle.2807

No, the one I recall was flat on the ground. But then it’s a long time ago and I might just be imagining things.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Perhaps you’re thinking of the rose compasses at the resurrection shrines across Kryta.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: ande.2105

ande.2105

I’m certain, in the back of my mind somewhere that there is another stone/surface either in GW1 or 2 that looks like this, I just can’t for the life of me think where it is (or, quite possibly, where I’m mis-remembering having seen something like it before). But the markings/carving on the stone really ring a bell in the back of mind mind that I’ve seen it before. Initially, I thought the markings were the same as the floor where we fought the Lich in Hells precipice, but upon checking for myself I was mistaken. But I will continue racking my brain, or I’ll lose sleep lol.

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
– Jake Chambers.

in Lore

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

You know what this stones design seems similar to some of the stuff in the Crystal Desert. Could this be a stone related to the ascension stuff or anything like that?

Now that someone’s saying it’s a stone from GW1 I’m trying to scan the map of the world in my head. Hmmz.

in Lore

Posted by: Ziddikri.2470

Ziddikri.2470

I don’t know what this stone really is or it’s lore. But I have an interesting fact for you. In the german version of the game DR is called “Götterfels”, you can translate it into “rock of the gods” or something similar. So maybe the name comes from this stone and the devs have more lore about the city than we know, e.g. the rock has a connection to the power of the six… something like this.

…or it is a really bad translation from the english name

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Divinity’s Reach would effectively mean “reach of the divine/gods” so it isn’t that off in comparison, really.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

Out of curiosity I went and had a look at the throne room and it appears that the stone is all one piece. It looks like they built the room around a large chunk of rock jutting out of the ground and carved the throne platform into it, it appears to be damaged because that’s the contour of the original rock. We can’t rule out that it was brought from somewhere else or was found as is but the design appears to be of recent Krytan orgin, sorry folks.

Now to get out of there before the queen wonders why I’ve been running all around her throne room

in Lore

Posted by: Fomivee.3065

Fomivee.3065

Well, Divinity’s Reach was once a Divinity Coast.
So this stone might be related to Janthir. (Tablets of Janthir, Fountain of Truth)

But it might also be related to nothing and be just a stone.

in Lore

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

So this stone might be related to Janthir. (Tablets of Janthir, Fountain of Truth)

Unless the devs are leading a wild goose chase on it, it isn’t just a stone.

I wish I could remember exactly when the interview or snippet was, but it was at least a year ago if not a little longer, but one dev (wish I could remember which one too) said that the stone behind Jennah’s throne was had some significance and was related to GW1. But wouldn’t give any other hints other than that. :/

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

in Lore

Fomivee.3065

That’s interesting. But it’s a lot of stones to compare… it could be an ascension stone from Crystal Desert, it could be a stone from Maguuma (like the ones in Fort Koga pvp map). Some people even suggested Althea’s stage from Pre-Searing or the stone on which Lich was defeated on Ring of Fire Islands. (I’ve checked Althea’s stage theory and it’s not the same pattern on the stone)

in Lore

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

its definitely not the stone from the fire islands because there are no recorded expeditions there since the events of prophecies, proably a few fishermen or canthan refugees getting shipwrecked and dying soon after but no major forays into the lands due to their extremely inhospitable nature. Which is why its such a big deal that Rytlock has Sohothin, no one knows how he could possibly have gotten it since by all rights it should be encased in volcanic rock along with Rurik’s corpse

Raak Bloodmaw

in Lore

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

its definitely not the stone from the fire islands because there are no recorded expeditions there since the events of prophecies, proably a few fishermen or canthan refugees getting shipwrecked and dying soon after but no major forays into the lands due to their extremely inhospitable nature. Which is why its such a big deal that Rytlock has Sohothin, no one knows how he could possibly have gotten it since by all rights it should be encased in volcanic rock along with Rurik’s corpse

Check out my earlier post, most people seem to think it’s a flat stone standing on its side but it’s not. I’d like to hear what the devs said about it if anyone can find the interview they mentioned it in, I think we’re looking the wrong places for it.

As for Sohothin, it’s a powerful Orrian artifact similar to the Scepter of Orr, perhaps it magiced itself out of there like the scepter did…

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Fun fact: where the Fountain of Truth was is the Shaemoor Cemetery. We can see a fountain there.

Technically, Divinity’s Reach was in an unexplorable piece north of Divine Coast.

Check out my earlier post, most people seem to think it’s a flat stone standing on its side but it’s not. I’d like to hear what the devs said about it if anyone can find the interview they mentioned it in, I think we’re looking the wrong places for it.

I’m not convinced that the cut is recent, personally, so if not in GW1 it’d be a stone with a 90 degree corner cut into it.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Mage.5367

Mage.5367

Its a Cronomancer Clock, she will be first NPC to be one

in Lore

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Does anyone know if it resembles the stone at the Druid meeting circle in Bloodstone Fen mission – bonus path? I seem to remember it looking similar to this
Edit: just remembered that there might have been something like this at the Shining Blade camp, so this might be a memorial to the original Shining Blade order.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

(edited by Druss.6917)

in Lore

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I visited several places mentioned in the thread and that I remember when I was on GW1 this weekend, but couldn’t find anything that exactly matches the patterns on that stone.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

in Lore

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I vaguely recall a similar stone in gw1’s Talmark Wilderness area in Kryta. Could be mistaken though. I think it was where claypool is now.

The old site of Dakutu Village? Judging from several maps that compare GW1 historical sites to GW2 sites, Claypool appears to have been built upon the site of Dakutu, which was the first main base of the Shining Blade during the civil war.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

The old site of Dakutu Village? Judging from several maps that compare GW1 historical sites to GW2 sites, Claypool appears to have been built upon the site of Dakutu, which was the first main base of the Shining Blade during the civil war.

Minor quibble, but not really the first. It was either the last or second-to-last, depending on whether the war continued after the Battle of Lion’s Arch.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Technically the Krytan Civil War ended in 1079 AE with the official defeat of the White Mantle, however conflicts continued until 1088 AE.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I was cruising some old posts and saw this for the first time. After checking out the post and the throne room, my first impression was that it looked like a solidified portal.
Then I was browsing some of my screen shots, and remembered this post again. Then I thought – it looks the rock would fit perfectly in the Promenade of the Gods, if there were more pieces. What if it really is a “rock of the gods” and putting the stones back together at the Promenade reopened the portal the Human Gods used to leave Tyria?
Yes, a big string of what-if, but that’s just where my mind took it. It could work but I have nothing to base it on. I did, however, put these screen shots together, and tried to make them to scale based on human height next to the catapult. Please forgive my lack of photo editing software:/

Attachments:

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

in Lore

Fomivee.3065

I’ve played some GW1 during Wayfarer’s Reverie and noticed that Maguuma res shrines are similar.