Question on the size and scale of Tyria

in Lore

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

I’m not sure if this has been asked before, but is there any information available about how large the continent of Tyria is? In-game, Lion’s Arch is a brisk 10 minute jog from Divinity’s Reach. But I’m sure that in the “real” world of Tyria (GW2 novels), it’s assumed to be much farther away (and people probably run A LOT slower).

Just as a point of reference, would a trip on foot from DR to LA take hours? Days? Weeks?

If I’m traveling from Rata Sum to the Grove, is that something I’d pack a daysack for? Or would I need to requisition a dolyak or pack mule to carry my supplies?

Has anything been said about what the in-game world’s scale is supposed to be? (i.e. 10 minutes of running in-game would be equivalent to 50 miles, or something like that?)

in Lore

Posted by: Mushroomz.4280

Mushroomz.4280

I’m not sure if this has been asked before, but is there any information available about how large the continent of Tyria is? In-game, Lion’s Arch is a brisk 10 minute jog from Divinity’s Reach. But I’m sure that in the “real” world of Tyria (GW2 novels), it’s assumed to be much farther away (and people probably run A LOT slower).

Just as a point of reference, would a trip on foot from DR to LA take hours? Days? Weeks?

If I’m traveling from Rata Sum to the Grove, is that something I’d pack a daysack for? Or would I need to requisition a dolyak or pack mule to carry my supplies?

Has anything been said about what the in-game world’s scale is supposed to be? (i.e. 10 minutes of running in-game would be equivalent to 50 miles, or something like that?)

Tough question, only Arena Net can give you a clear answer on that. I’d say Tyria was initially loosely based on the US, so maybe a bit smaller, but ultimately very similar in size.

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

From Ebonhawke to Ascalon City is a couple of days on foot and while trying to avoid notice. Similarly, crossing the Shiverpeaks in GW1 took a few days (it certainly involved stopping to rest overnight at least once and probably twice, but couldn’t really be more than four days because we only stop so many times along the way). I think those are the best distance indicators we have.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.