Raid Wing 3 teaser images (spoiler warning?)

in Lore

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

On the GW2 official Facebook page a short while ago they released a set of images that raised some curiousity as there were three phrases on the pages that wouldn’t have been what I expected:

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13350423_10153828527224209_1465394218766249115_o.jpg
Translation: “Cut stone” and “Layline Energy”

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13403821_10153828527229209_5102076173646037956_o.jpg
Translation: “Ice sheets” “Mountain range” and “Frozen lake”

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13411887_10153828527219209_9091845058610523550_o.jpg
Translation: “Cathedral”

The mention of leyline energy and the cut bloodstone aren’t surprising if you have been following the story of the raids thus far. The cathedral was shown in their post with the Stronghold of the Faithful teaser (and the Keep Construct made of the statues looking like White Mantle Confessors).

The mention in the second image of the ice, mountain, and frozen lake, however, throw me for a bit of a loop.

The Bloodstone caves at the side of the Shiverpeaks west of Droknar’s Forge might be an option, but not a clear one considering the amount of geographical change (such as the warming of the area due to Mt Maelstrom) versus the time in which all this activity by the White Mantle.

So I was curious to see what everyone else here thought about what those references might mean…

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

in Lore

Posted by: Rhaegar.1203

Rhaegar.1203

1st and 3rd seem to point to the current raid and RW3 coming along. But the 2nd… Frozen Lake reminds me of the Drakkar in GW1.

in Lore

Maethor.2810

Admittedly, that crossed my mind as well when I read ‘Frozen Lake’. I just can’t come up with any feasible connection between the two.

in Lore

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

A bloodstone located in the Shiverpeaks region.

A dev has already confirmed for it to be a sketch possibly used as a “place where the artist wanted to possibly escape to.”
It has no assured meaningful connection.

Reddit post

“The journal author is an artist who likes to caption his sketches. Some of those sketches are drawn from life, and some are the product of study and his own imagination.

I suspect the sketches of ice and snow represent a desire to flee from his current predicament into clean, cold imagery." – Anatoli_Ingram

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

in Lore

Maethor.2810

Aha, clarification! I’m never usually on Reddit so I did not see that, thanks for linking it : )

in Lore

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

It wouldn’t surprise me if there was some kind of White Mantle activity going down in the Deldrimor Front. It wouldn’t be the first time they’ve occupied the area in force. It was also one of the areas where we found Seers which would be of interest to the Mantle if the Mursaat are rising again. The last thing they’d want is another batch of plucky heroes getting infused against Spectral Agony.

Beyond that, it would be the east path to tie everything into the on-going theme of Glint’s Legacy since this region was where the Brotherhood of the Dragon were located. It would make sense for her to have tucked something of importance away around here.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Frozen lake means not much in the wake of magical weather.
There could just be a frozen lake somwhere.

in Lore

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

JORMAG IS NEXT!

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

But it’s a lake! Ice and water in one! Jormag-Bubbles ultimate fusion form confirmed!

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Jaken.6801

JORBLES lives? oh noes

in Lore

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

In GW1 EotM, didn’t Drakkar Lake have a huge frozen something under the surface? Imagine if that came back to life:D (Just checked wiki, apparently it’s a champion of Jormag)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Nearly forgot…

In the third raid wing, just before the Keep Construct, there is an interactable object (aptly named Painting). The dialogue for the object doesn’t give much, just says the painting was clearly done by a master of art, but the painting…

is of Drakkar Lake.

Full with Drakkar beneath it.

I know a dev commented on the journal thing but… this makes the whole “I suspect” part of said dev’s comment a bit questionable – like his response was an intended red herring?

Attachments:

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Jaken.6801

Wouldn’t be the first one.

However I don’t really see the white mantle heading towards Jormags territory.

I mean, what do they want there? The Eye of the North, which is dormant?
Hide a White Mantle strike force to head into Charr lands?

I don’t see much reason for them to go out of their way, heading north, if most of their personal history is in Krytan lands and below.

I personaly see them claiming the lands above DR and go from there.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

True, but we fought Mursaat across different areas of the map including the Shiverpeaks. Whilst there is no obvious link for the White Mantle or maybe Lazarus to have headed even further North, after 250 years it is possible something is there that could aid them in their schemes.

Or it could just be a teaser. There to suggest thats where we are going without it linking to anything.

Or just keeping the fires of speculation going. With the Dragon on the HoT page suggesting Bubbles and Rytlock suggesting Kralkatorrik next, they might just be benignly stoking the speculation whilst we wait for story progression.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Or just keeping the fires of speculation going. With the Dragon on the HoT page suggesting Bubbles and Rytlock suggesting Kralkatorrik next, they might just be benignly stoking the speculation whilst we wait for story progression.

Or Braham suggesting Jormag, you forgot. :P

This is my line of thought – it’s not something that the White Mantle are interested in, but rather a hint at future storylines. Like how they added a few bandit/White Mantle things in S2.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.