Role play

Role play

in Lore

Posted by: ijustatefood.6530

ijustatefood.6530

I was not sure what category to put this in since there was not a role play category that I could find but I figured lore would work best.

I bought this game a while ago and could never get into it because I love to role play but could not find any RPers. I have decided to try the game again but first wanted to ask if there was perhaps a server where RPers congregate. I am hoping that thhere is RP in this game and that I was just looking in the wrong place before.

Anyway have a great day and thanks for any help you can give.

Role play

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Tarnished Coast was the unofficial roleplay server (for NA; Piken Square was the EU one, but I don’t know if any of my information applies to it). Unfortunately, the implementation of megaservers a year ago scattered an already very loosely knit community.

Maybe someone more up-to-date can correct me with current information, but it is my understanding that your best bet to find them in-game is to search the Divinity’s Reach taverns while associated with the Tarnished Coast server (not sure what times are best, but probably evening hours in the United States), and the best place to find them out of game is this site.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Role play

in Lore

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Most of the RP’ers tend to congregate in Divinity’s Reach now. GuildWars2Roleplayers.com is one of the biggest, if not the biggest RP website. On there, they have a thread containing the IP for the current RP maps, they also list a lot of events on there.

Ive also seen a lot of RP going on in The Black Citadel recently.

Role play

in Lore

Posted by: Rinhara.6450

Rinhara.6450

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/ is the hub for English roleplay, though Germans and French (at least that I know of ) also have their own RP forums.

Piken Square is the “unofficial roleplaying server” for Europe, and Tarnished Coast is the one in the NA server group. Megaservers have made it more difficult to get the community together, although the current community makes use of OOC guilds and taxiing to try to get around that. I can see how it would be difficult for a new RPer to “get into” the community, as the community has trouble sticking together in-game with the new infrastructure anyways.

Your best bet is to head to the GW2RP forums, make some friends, and arrange to hang out in-game from there. Best of luck and I hope you find good RP soon!
—Hail from Piken Square

Role play

in Lore

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

There’s more than 2000 roleplayers on the current French forums, who mostly roleplay at Divinity’s Reach. I’d rather not give it to you yet though, it’s a bit of a mess I try to keep in order for my users right now ^^

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)