[SPOILER] Leyline Energy Map in HoT

in Lore

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

I’ve poked around a bit on the forums and the internet in general and can’t find much discussion on this.

The map on the stone wall, in the room where you use saurian bones as conductors to start the machine back up, that shows leyline energy concentrations. Firstly, anyone have a nice zoomed in screenshot of that to share? Secondly, we know that one point is Tarir, and one point is Mordy, and one point is Rata Novus, but what about the others? Has anyone taken the time to do an analysis on their physical location on the main map and what they may be (bloodstone for one of them??)?

Any insight into this would be great, as I am very curious about it.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Combining this with the leyline map based on the spreading of Modremoth’s vines (shown by the destruction of waypoints) during season 2 would be of interest to me (for reference: http://i.imgur.com/2GBo51U.png).

in Lore

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I think this is the picture you are referring to. The second one is the globe in the Chantry of Secrets. To me both maps look very similar. I wonder if the globe and the wall map are essentially the same thing?

Either way, it would be interesting to see what those other points on the first map are.

Attachments:

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I think this is the picture you are referring to. The second one is the globe in the Chantry of Secrets. To me both maps look very similar. I wonder if the globe and the wall map are essentially the same thing?

Nope. The Chantry of Secrets globe shows major threats, while the other map shows ley line hubs.

in Lore

Lankmaster.6507

Yes, that first picture is the one I’m referring to. I hadn’t thought about the chantry globe either, interesting.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’ve poked around a bit on the forums and the internet in general and can’t find much discussion on this.

The map on the stone wall, in the room where you use saurian bones as conductors to start the machine back up, that shows leyline energy concentrations. Firstly, anyone have a nice zoomed in screenshot of that to share? Secondly, we know that one point is Tarir, and one point is Mordy, and one point is Rata Novus, but what about the others? Has anyone taken the time to do an analysis on their physical location on the main map and what they may be (bloodstone for one of them??)?

Any insight into this would be great, as I am very curious about it.

Given the general positions, I took the smaller dots to be the Exalted outposts. There’s one on one the north, south, east, and west side of Tarir’s dot.

There are two I don’t know though – one between Mordremoth and Rata Novus (could be the Exalted structure in Dragon’s Stand – or the Rata Novan sturcture there), and one NW of Tarir, which would place it roughly at the entrance between Verdant Brink and Auric Basin if my estimations are right.

Either way, it would be interesting to see what those other points on the first map are.

As diovid said, the globe shows threats and doesn’t even have geographically accurate landmasses. Places are distorted based on the severity of the threat per the Whispers’ opinion.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Nope. The Chantry of Secrets globe shows major threats, while the other map shows ley line hubs.

True, but it does seem odd that the two maps are similar looking. It would be interesting to see if the flattened out globe with the major threats marked was in anyway similar to the ley-line hub map.

Plus, making such a connection between the two maps would be rather easy to do in game.

But consider this:
/tinfoil hat on
You can’t really trust anything the Order of Whispers says. you don't even know who the leader is until later in the story
The Order knows much, and they are aren’t exactly forthcoming about what they know.
It is entirely possible that the Order has been monitoring Ley-Lines for quite some time, trying to pinpoint the exact locations of the Elder Dragons. Which of course would constitute a “major threat”.
So the Order has a map of Ley-Line hubs they tell people “it’s for major threats” as a means of distraction (which they are masters of). But really they are watching and monitoring Ley-Line hubs. They suspected where Mordremoth was, based on their globe, but didn’t want to reveal just how much they knew. Lest they be held responsible for not taking action much sooner. Instead, they watch and wait. For reasons only known to them. They knew about Rata Novus, they knew about Mordremoth, they know about Kralk, Primordius, and Bubbles. They just are keeping their mouths shut about it. Why? Because they are in league with Lazarus. By keeping knowledge of the ley-lines and their hubs, and what lies at those location hidden, they help Lazarus bring the vengeance he swore upon Tryia.
/tinfoil hat off

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

in Lore

Lankmaster.6507

Ah ok. My estimation for how far that map showed northward was a bit off then. I think I agree with you Konig on the Exalted outposts. That one dot to the NW that you mentioned is a bit of a mystery still :-) . Thanks for the insight.