Scarlet Briar will set sylvari free?

in Lore

Posted by: Goorman.7916

Goorman.7916

First i want to remind everybody about the idea, that Pale Tree is a champion of the elder dragon.Basically that means that sylvari are dragon minions., and the sole reason sylvari are “good” is because of the centaur tablet.
However…
What if the tablet story is just a lie, made to persuade other races to believe in sylvari as allies?
What if the reason sylvari are working with the other races is to be an insider and to betray other five races?
What if Scarlet saw this and decided to break the established order(and the established order is the inevitable and repeatable destruction of everything that lives) and set all sylvari free from Pale Tree(who is dragon’s champion)?
I find this this idea extremely thrilling.What do you guys think about this?

Ash Goorman, 80 level ranger
Lavern Goorman, 80 level thief
Spvp rank 41

in Lore

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I will restrain myself from mentioning the hundreds of arguments about the tree not being a dragon champion.

Well, we know that the table itself isn’t a lie and we met both the centaur writing it and the human planting the seed of the tree during GW1, at best the tree for some reason could be teaching it to her kids while really she wants them to be nightmare… but that makes zero sense. Our characters and other sylvaris really believe that’s the way to go, to the point it would be impossible for the Pale Tree to suddenly reveal herself as evil and make the slaughter the other races as they really believe the tablet is good (and it doesn’t seem like the sylvari have some kind of inner restart button to manipulate them, or the tree would’ve used with certain sylvari already). Why telling them to follow that tablet if the tree is evil and really wants the opposite?

And the tablet isn’t there to show other races they’re good. They are good because of the tablet and then other races see them being good without even knowing about a table.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

First i want to remind everybody about the idea, that Pale Tree is a champion of the elder dragon.Basically that means that sylvari are dragon minions., and the sole reason sylvari are “good” is because of the centaur tablet.
However…
What if the tablet story is just a lie, made to persuade other races to believe in sylvari as allies?
What if the reason sylvari are working with the other races is to be an insider and to betray other five races?

Malyck.

He breaks that theory fully and into the ground. He grinds the theory down into dust and oblivion.

Their immunity too (dragon minions are not immune to other dragons’ corruption).

The theory cannot be.

The fate Ceara likely refers to is the notion of Wyld Hunts and the uncanny call for almost everyone of the race – even Nightmare Court – to fight the Elder Dragons.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Yeah, and Malyck too, somehow I forgot about Malyck.

in Lore

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

what would happen to the sylvary if the pale tree gets corrupted(we know the sylvari themself cant be corrupted but can the pale tree be corrupted) if it can it might give a explonation on the thornes scarlet sees moveing up the pale tree

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Lore

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

where do people keep getting this stupid idea? there’s more evidence ingame to say they aren’t then there is to say they are(which is ZERO).

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Scarlet does not offer freedom. Scarlet offers anarchy. There’s a big difference between the two. In Scarlet’s “free world”, I imagine you are free only to live or die at her whim.

in Lore

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

Why telling them to follow that tablet if the tree is evil and really wants the opposite? And the tablet isn’t there to show other races they’re good. They are good because of the tablet and then other races see them being good without even knowing about a table.

I agree, that the Pale Tree is good because of the tablet. But I’d like to remind everyone that it is not unheard of for a dragon Champion to turn against their Elder dragon.

Glint… anyone?

Yes, she is only one unique case, but she did it (and got killed in the end for it, but still.)

in Lore

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I vehemently disagree with the notion that the pale tree is a champion of any elder dragon but even if for the sake of argument I allowed for the possibility of it being true it doesn’t make any sense that scarlet would be working to set the sylvari free.

She is manipulating things to her own ends and the lives of others seem to be inconsequential to her. Just by making the choice not to do what she is supposed to do scarlet has already freed herself.

I reckon it is more likely that the sylvari are like the worlds defense mechanism against the elder dragons and that each time the dragons go to sleep the entire race of sylvari do as well. With it seeming like the dragons will be defeated more permanently this time around it would be more beneficial to scarlet herself to do something to stop that.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I agree, that the Pale Tree is good because of the tablet. But I’d like to remind everyone that it is not unheard of for a dragon Champion to turn against their Elder dragon.

Glint… anyone?

Yes, she is only one unique case, but she did it (and got killed in the end for it, but still.)

Glint became free because of one-of-a-kind barely-excessible and not-excessible-in-the-Maguuma (akitten) magic. That being, magic of the Forgotten Ones. This magic only remains in Arah and the Crystal Desert (perhaps northern Desolation) by the time of GW1. And by the time of GW2, perhaps fewer places. In regards to the explored Tyria world.

Glint did not just simply break control out of her own willpower. Cheesy comedy anime stuff like that doesn’t exist in GW2. At least didn’t before Ceara’s existence (and if Anet plays their cards right, they can still fix Ceara).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: effybuttonmoon.4607

effybuttonmoon.4607

I think it would be cool if one of the playable races became corrupt and an enemy. People ask about then our sylvari players. But us being ‘heroes’ I think it could be part of the living world or newer personal story that they go through something that makes them rebel against the corruption, therefore being allies to the other races.