Scarlet, Gnashblade and the Human Gods

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

So I talked to Gnashblade today, he told me this: (short summary)Kiel is going to get veryone killed one day, she is playing in the mists while Magnus has the best lionguard out in Caledon Forest, Scarlett will attack LA one day and then we all die.

So…

-Why has Magnus put the best men in Caledon?

-Why did Gnashblade want to research the Abaddon fractal? He fears Scarlett, so what did he want to learn of Abaddon’s defeat to stop Scarlett?

-Kiel playing in the mists is probaply about her and her fractal?

My idea: Evon wants to find a weapon to stop Scarlett, Kie wants to learn about Scarlett’s past

Thoughts?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

The lionguard are in Caledon assaulting twilight arbor.

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Lore

Posted by: Edusd.7893

Edusd.7893

Also, I think the “fall of Abbadon” was gonna be more about why he went rouge, and less about his defeat by the other 5

-mredus.deviantart.com-

in Lore

wouw.5837

The lionguard are in Caledon assaulting twilight arbor.

Ah true, thanks.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Evon may have been wanting to research the history of magic within the Abaddon fractal, with the same result about ley lines as found in the Reactor fractal.

Kiel is trying to get evidence against Evon’s main business competitor, the Consortium, so I’m not sure why Even is so bothered by her doing that. Evon was going to play around in the mist if he was elected too.

The Lionguard in Twilight Arbour have taken out many airships and that’s got to be a good use of soldiers. Not sure what complaint Evon has there.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

-Why has Magnus put the best men in Caledon?

This is a reference to Twilight Assault.

-Why did Gnashblade want to research the Abaddon fractal? He fears Scarlett, so what did he want to learn of Abaddon’s defeat to stop Scarlett?

A developer stated that Evon’s interest in the Fall of Abaddon might be religious (specific wordings were along the lines of “I doubt that Evon’s interest wasn’t entirely religious” implying that it is religious). I doubt that it had to do with Scarlet, since at the time of the election no one knew of Scarlet (as a threat) except an off-hand comment by Mai Trin.

If he knew of Scarlet, then he was working with her.

-Kiel playing in the mists is probaply about her and her fractal?

Yes, this is a reference to the Fractured! update.

My idea: Evon wants to find a weapon to stop Scarlett, Kie wants to learn about Scarlett’s past

Doesn’t work for the reason I stated above: when the election happened and the two stated which event they were going to research via Fractals, Scarlet was unknown to both – openly at least.

Kiel was interested in investigating the Inquest – as she said during Aetherblade Retreat, though she never met many Inquest she always hated them. Evon didn’t give any reason or hint to his reasons for researching the Fall of Abaddon, but a developer did as I said above.

The Lionguard in Twilight Arbour have taken out many airships and that’s got to be a good use of soldiers. Not sure what complaint Evon has there.

It leaves Lion’s Arch (more) vulnerable to attack, which he fears from Scarlet given that LA has received her ire.

Honestly, it sounds like he isn’t suspecting an attack will come, but he knows an attack will come.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

wouw.5837

Did Evon or Kiel mention the fractal research in-game? (can’t remember)

I thought it was just something like the reduced cost on WP’s, something we knew from the devs, but not from in-game sources.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

They did. When they mentioned the reduced waypoint/BLC key costs. It happened during Cutthroat Politics if you talked to them after the instance with the master.

They mentioned four things, two of which were the same to the other: investigating the Molten Alliance and Aetherblade attacks (i.e., make the four fractals from the dungeons) and adding in those mini-game rotations (which were the same for both even). The other two being the new unique fractal (investigating the Thaumanova Reactor explosion/researching the Fall of Abaddon) and the reduced cost (Kiel using her new captain powers to negotiate with the Arcane Council on her part, Evon just ordering his company to be cheap for a bit).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

They did. When they mentioned the reduced waypoint/BLC key costs. It happened during Cutthroat Politics if you talked to them after the instance with the master.

They mentioned four things, two of which were the same to the other: investigating the Molten Alliance and Aetherblade attacks (i.e., make the four fractals from the dungeons) and adding in those mini-game rotations (which were the same for both even). The other two being the new unique fractal (investigating the Thaumanova Reactor explosion/researching the Fall of Abaddon) and the reduced cost (Kiel using her new captain powers to negotiate with the Arcane Council on her part, Evon just ordering his company to be cheap for a bit).

Doesn’t it all come down to the ratio of new players to old players? Maybe they where testing the waters in that direction what do we the player prefer. What do people prefer temporary content or permanent content? In long run everyone know they voted wrong and there denial of it is hilarious.

in Lore

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Doesn’t it all come down to the ratio of new players to old players? Maybe they where testing the waters in that direction what do we the player prefer. What do people prefer temporary content or permanent content? In long run everyone know they voted wrong and there denial of it is hilarious.

Isn’t that always the case when it comes to voting? You think you’ve made the right choice, but nope. Same mess different government.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I heard an awfull lt of anti-charr propoganda during the voting season. I suspect human preference had more to do with the outcome than people caring about what was actually being voted on. But if that’s the case then we definitly deserve what we got.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Uh… nothing Evon promised showed to be any more permanent than Kiel though.

They literally promised the exact same thing except temp WP cost reduction vs. temp BLC key cost reduction and Abaddon vs. Thaumanova.

Dear ANet writers,