Scarlet's use of the ley line question

in Lore

Posted by: hunter steele.7836

hunter steele.7836

Spoilers ahead

I need some 1 to clear things off for me. Was scarlet trying to stop the awakening of Mordermoth or make it go faster. the consoles that are available after killing Scarlet say that she was trying to disrupt the ley lines. Now i am confused on what people are saying. In other words here is my questions

Was Scarlet trying to stop Mordermoth from awaking or trying to help him awake?

Please provide evidence of your answer thanks!

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

She was trying to awaken Mordremoth.

The whole point of the drill was to just drill into the Ley Line which it did and since Mordremoth awoke that was clearly the plan.

If she wanted to stop him from awakening she would have put a stop switch on the drill which as the player points out she didn’t and that her plan was indeed to awaken the Elder Dragon heard in the distance.

Dragon’s feed on mana and are awakened by it’s presence and disrupting the Ley Lines unleashed alot of mana allowing Mordremoth to awaken for breakfast.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I’d say she was probably disrupting their normal pathways in order to re-route them to Mordremoth and awaken him. I say this because her dialogue at the end is all about Tyria’s “New Master”. It only makes sense that he is who she was talking about.

in Lore

hunter steele.7836

she was dead and injured and couldn’t stop the drill or anything

in Lore

hunter steele.7836

i think the console dialogue said that there was no way to rechannel the power of the ley lines.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

During the cut scene we’re shown a flow of magic being rerouted, and moving towards Mordremoth. Perhaps drilling into the leyline intersection, caused the flow of magic to rupture into different directions.

Still, it’s a bit weird how a physical drill can drill into a non-physical leyline intersection. How does that work exactly? I’m confused.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The console dialogue also said that Scarlet never intended for the drill to be stopped to begin with….