Scarlett might introduce a 3rd heavy?

in Lore

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

First, this is all just a crazy theory that just popped in my head. Both poems we were given by scarlet have elements of time. The first was a pocket watch and the second is a metronome. Now both are pointing to the considered profession for gw2 which was a chronomancer. But this could mean Scarlett’s plans could just be to affect time somehow to her advantage ( speed up time to have the rest of the ED to awaken and begin chaos or reverse time to trap the human gods and consume their power?) I feel as though Scarlett will use time to accomplish her plans and when (if) we defeat here this will give birth to a whole new field of knowledge, Chronomancy. Scarlett’s uses her do not touch thumpers to control the the dragons way lines to control time for her goal. This is why I believe that the arena net developers didn’t want to add new skills or weapons to the game because they didn’t want the 3rd heavy profession to fall behind the other more played classes. Also we might fight Scarlett on the moon because at the end of the latest recap trailer it ends with Scarlett laughing and the camera looking at broken Asura gates and the moon in the middle.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Lore

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

what is chronomancy anyway, drawing a blank here

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

That’s not even remotely close to Chronomancy.
Also given previous developer statements it is unlikely that the two scrapped Utopia professions will make it into GW2…

(crosknight, Chrono = time, Chronomancer = time mage)

in Lore

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

(crosknight, Chrono = time, Chronomancer = time mage)

thanks man

in Lore

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

Ummmmm, not to be rude, cause I am usually welcoming of strange theories, but the moon? Just because a trailer has a moon in it does not mean that we’re going to the moon, I think that final scene is more supposed to be focused on the broken Asura Gates, and the reason the camera is pointed towards the sky is because if the camera were pointed downwards, it would reveal to us where the Asura Gates really were, which some people speculate is Lions Arch. If it does end up being Lions Arch that would be a pretty huge spoiler to reveal in a teaser trailer.

in Lore

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

Ummmmm, not to be rude, cause I am usually welcoming of strange theories, but the moon? Just because a trailer has a moon in it does not mean that we’re going to the moon, I think that final scene is more supposed to be focused on the broken Asura Gates, and the reason the camera is pointed towards the sky is because if the camera were pointed downwards, it would reveal to us where the Asura Gates really were, which some people speculate is Lions Arch. If it does end up being Lions Arch that would be a pretty huge spoiler to reveal in a teaser trailer.

It’s pretty obvious it’s lions arch. I’m just throwing ideas out there.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Lore

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

theres a broken asura gate just like that one in trailer in the edge of the mist map. fyi

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

ArenaNet was basically trying to fit everything they could think of into the eight professions of Guild Wars 2, and since chronomancer was obviously on their radar, it’s almost certain that they’ve incorporated the unique elements of the chronomancer into the existing professions (the mesmer’s Time Warp elite being a clear example) as much as GW2’s mechanics allow, just like the other professions that did not make it through. Certainly, there’s no real reason to think the chronomancer is more likely to become a new GW2 profession than the dervish or ritualist.

Personally, I’m inclined to think Scarlet’s fascination with clock-like things is less about time and more about clockwork. From their invention up until the Industrial Revolution (and significantly into that as well) clocks were basically the poster child for complex fine engineering – hence the broadening of the term “clockwork” to cover things that are not necessarily the insides of a clock – thus, her liking for clockwork is probably more symbolic of her appreciation of how things are put together than because of the association with time.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

ArenaNet was basically trying to fit everything they could think of into the eight professions of Guild Wars 2, and since chronomancer was obviously on their radar, it’s almost certain that they’ve incorporated the unique elements of the chronomancer into the existing professions (the mesmer’s Time Warp elite being a clear example) as much as GW2’s mechanics allow, just like the other professions that did not make it through. Certainly, there’s no real reason to think the chronomancer is more likely to become a new GW2 profession than the dervish or ritualist.

Personally, I’m inclined to think Scarlet’s fascination with clock-like things is less about time and more about clockwork. From their invention up until the Industrial Revolution (and significantly into that as well) clocks were basically the poster child for complex fine engineering – hence the broadening of the term “clockwork” to cover things that are not necessarily the insides of a clock – thus, her liking for clockwork is probably more symbolic of her appreciation of how things are put together than because of the association with time.

and a more simple analogy…like sylar in heroes

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Lore

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

Sandwichmancer confirmed!

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Lore

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

I’m pretty sure manipulation of time is one of the Mesmer abilities…

Personally, I would rather see a heavily armored nature mage (Jaheira, anyone?). It would be nature themed, like the Ranger, only it would involve direct manipulation rather than survival and animal handling skills.