Scepter of Orr...Staff of the Mists

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Though we threw the staff of the mists into hallowed point what was to have destroyed it there, and could Joko reclaim this powerful artifact? Also with the staff of the mists and the scepter of orr combine it seems like if one person could possess both they would be unrivaled in power, bending the fabric of reality and controlling spirits of the mists, this sounds like far more power than either the 6 human gods possessed or the elder dragons…thoughts?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

impossible, we destroyed the staff and its magic, it wont be coming back, if anyone discovers a way to get the other staff back, it’d be livia, and even then she’ll use it for the betterment of the 5 races, anything for kryta right? but i dont think th devs would bring it back, it’d be too op in the fight against EDs

maybe if shes still around, we could use the scepter of orr to remove the magic keeping joko alive….erm…. undead…..

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I understand that it says we destroyed the staff of the mists at hallowed point but what was there to destroy it, it seems it would’ve either been a long fall or the sulfurous wastes that were meant to destroy it. What would have the power in that area to destroy such a powerful artifact, and whatever power is at the hallowed point could it be harnessed?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: SlyFoxSays.5342

SlyFoxSays.5342

“[Difficulty: Master] Long ago, the Staff of the Mists and the Scepter of Orr were given to the great nations of the world as protection. Predictably, those who wielded their power were corrupted. Terrible horrors were unleashed upon the lands once guarded by their benevolent power. The gods themselves were forced to intervene. They struck down both rulers, sealed the scepters within their tombs, and guarded them with powerful magic. With the Staff of the Mists released into the world again, I fear that the forces of evil will not stop until they possess it. Our only choice is to destroy the scepter. You must travel to the Hallowed Point and destroy the scepter. Only then will it be out of reach of the Margonites.”

This is all the info provided about said staff. There is no info provided about the hallowed point other than that the staff can be destroyed there. Considering hallowed implies some sort of holy ground, i would assume that this point has been sanctified by the gods, thus keeping evil out. Perhaps it is the ruins of the tomb where the staff was once kept?

“You must always know where your towel is.”

in Lore

Posted by: NiisanSora.6289

NiisanSora.6289

Just as an aside, I believe that I saw the priest in the story wield what looked like the Scepter of Orr but was unable to get a screen shot.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cathedral_of_Silence_

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

It is interesting, I had forgotten the part about the rulers using them going mad with power and being slain by Balthazar. It makes me wonder what kind of effect the Scepter of Orr may have had on Livia. It could, perhaps, be the reason that Livia wasn’t said to possess it in SoS?

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

It doesn’t say it was Balthazar…

My bet is that the Scepter was in Mazdak’s possession. He might’ve received it as a gift from his – suspected – King Doric, when he led the proto-Krytan Orrians north with the well wishes of his father… so before the war. Remember that the Scepter is taken from a Krytan crypt, which could’ve been retcon’d to be Provernic Crypt for Guild Wars 2.

The Staff could’ve been once in the hands of a Margonite king. Or a Primeval King. Both had influence on the coastal regions of the Crystal Sea, where the Staff was entombed along with its corrupted owner.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Sorry, IDK why I thought that text said Balthazar…

in Lore

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

It doesn’t say it was Balthazar…

My bet is that the Scepter was in Mazdak’s possession. He might’ve received it as a gift from his – suspected – King Doric, when he led the proto-Krytan Orrians north with the well wishes of his father… so before the war. Remember that the Scepter is taken from a Krytan crypt, which could’ve been retcon’d to be Provernic Crypt for Guild Wars 2.

The Staff could’ve been once in the hands of a Margonite king. Or a Primeval King. Both had influence on the coastal regions of the Crystal Sea, where the Staff was entombed along with its corrupted owner.

Quite a while ago, I proposed a theory about the twin staves being held by King Doric and a margonite king. I’ll see if I can dig up the thread…

EDIT: Found it.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

(edited by Tuomir.1830)