Shady Asurans and dry quaggans.

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

The lore forums are all abuzz about the new plant dragon lately, and understandably so. But while everyone is focused on tentacles and dragons (Don’t google search that, by the way), has anyone stopped to discuss the shady things going on in Prosperity? Particularly the little Asura “Resident” NPC that walks back and forth from the bar to another shady “Resident”, this one human, and saying various lines of dialogue. It usually pertains to birds, carrion, and a bakery. Using context clues, I assume birds means Seraph. I’d assume it they were referring to Zephyrites as birds, since they did fall from the sky, but he mentioned carrion as being the things that fell, and the “birds” being busy with them. I guess the bakery would be the town, and particularly the town’s involvement with the shady copper deal they have going on.

Aside from all that, I wonder about the secrecy and what it will eventually lead to. Anyone else have any speculations? Any new sinister group of enemies to contend with? Obviously the centaur on the hill is a concern, and the always remote possibility of White Mantle and/or Mursaat, but I’d honestly be pretty surprised if they showed up any time really soon.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

Considering the place looks like its gunna get wiped out in the next episode, itll be interesting to see how what ever is going on there will continue afterward.

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I completely forgot about that. But I’m sure something will continue. Seems pointless to make all those references just to end them in a tangled mess of thorny death.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The shadiest thing I have found so far is that they are there to mine copper…but the only ore that seems to be in the area to mine is mithril (with a very rare orichalcum node here and there).

Where’s all the copper they are supposedly mining?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

We shouldn’t leave out that the Priory is there. The only answer I found is that Gixx sent them, but I couldn’t find answer why he should sent them and what their task is.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

There is an implication in one of the dialogues that Gixx might have just sent them someplace to get them out of his hair.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

they said they are going even more west into the maguuma to explore it.

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Pretty sure you’re right about the “birds” being a code for the Seraph.

I assume that they are connected to the smugglers or bandits that the Seraph were referring to in the start of the story.