Signs of the White Mantle?

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I somehow missed this when I first mapped Brisban Wildlands on my thief, but when finishing one of the heart tasks on the mesmer this evening I found this interesting tidbit in my thank-you letter.

Thoughts?

Attachments:

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Yeah?
In one (maybe more) of the human storylines, some White Mantle stuff happens too. Just says they’re kinda active, but mostly just bandits now.
Brisban has some interesting bandit hideouts, including Fort Vandal, I think it’s called, which I know some people think is the WM’s HQ, and could be a dungeon in the future.

in Lore

Posted by: Xase.5064

Xase.5064

I always thought that the bandits had some really close ties to- and are probably being orchestrated by the White Mantle. A lot of bandit hideouts have what looks like an updated White Mantle symbol, although outside of one human quest we probably won’t see much overt activity from them until we have areas open up towards the Isles of Janthir/Fort Vandal.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

The White Mantle exists primarily as a shadow army. They’re like the Order of Whispers now, except with way more narrow a focus. All of the Mantle that we’ve encountered so far seem to be integrated all across Kryta, from bandits to hunters to citizens of Divinity’s Reach. In my personal story I’ve only encountered a single open battle involving large numbers of Mantle, and probably less than 200 total.

They exist, but they’re definitely the minority and definitely the underground.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in Lore

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Yesterday I was doing the maguuma explorer title and found this area: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aurora%27s_Remains

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Lore

Kerithlan.1659

That’s correct, if I recall that’s the tomb of Saul D’Alessio.

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Nah, his tomb is in Harathi, in ‘Holy Demetra’ or something.

in Lore

Kerithlan.1659

Thanks for the correction — I got them mixed up I suppose.

in Lore

Posted by: MaesterTed.6571

MaesterTed.6571

Aurora’s Remains is the final area from the Aurora Glade mission in Prophecies, where the behemoth is fought (which also makes an appearance here). I had a pretty fun time doing the DE, and just looking around in general. It made me feel nostalgic

in Lore

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Aurora’s Remains is the final area from the Aurora Glade mission in Prophecies, where the behemoth is fought (which also makes an appearance here). I had a pretty fun time doing the DE, and just looking around in general. It made me feel nostalgic

I loved that DE in Aurora’s Remains. When I arrived there and found the ghost of Less Longbow I was thinking “Hey, I remember you!” and was pleased to see the dynamic event “remaking” the Aurora Glade mission with crystal runners and ghost of Demagogue.