Small Norn

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

Q:

Why is this a thing? I don’t want it to be a thing, stop letting it be a thing – I hate seeing female norn who go to the smallest height possible, should just roll a human at that rate. Lorewise, makes zero sense seeing as the smallest recorded norn was like barely smaller then the majority.

You go norn to be massive, like your legend. Not to be a tatted hipster teenage girl human.

(edited by Roxhemar.6039)

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Ya, I hate it as well when humans go as tall as possible. Common, they’re not Norn. Shrink down a little!

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Amraston.2846

Amraston.2846

Once I made a norn at ~20% above the minimum to represent a quite young norn for roleplay purposes. Don’t see a problem with that.
But I get your general concern – the post here just will nothing do against it. Most people doing that don’t care about lore, they choose the min heigh because they want a human but like the hair on norn better, or like the racial skills better, or want to reveiling cultural armour, or hate (like me) how slow tall characters feel, because of the slow animations to compensate the higher leg length, etc.pp.. They don’t mind if it fits.

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

Once I made a norn at ~20% above the minimum to represent a quite young norn for roleplay purposes. Don’t see a problem with that.
But I get your general concern – the post here just will nothing do against it. Most people doing that don’t care about lore, they choose the min heigh because they want a human but like the hair on norn better, or like the racial skills better, or want to reveiling cultural armour, or hate (like me) how slow tall characters feel, because of the slow animations to compensate the higher leg length, etc.pp.. They don’t mind if it fits.

Yeah, I get that – I do. It just irks me so much seeing the people do it for the hair choices and and all the wrong reasons. The Norn are a culturally rich people and I bet half the people who do it for the revealing cultural armor don’t even realize it’s modeled after Jora.

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Jora’s armor is nothing like any of the cultural armor nor is the revealing aspect of norn clothing based off of Jora rather Jora’s revealing clothing was based off of the lore of norn.

And why can’t there be short norn? There are short humans too. Humans in rl vary in size. I’m 6’7", does this mean that I’m pretending to be a norn?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Average height for a norn is 9 feet tall. I imagine that is equal to the center of the height slider. Max would be around 10 feet, and the shortest around 8 feet. (Partly based off my max height norn female guardian being almost exactly the same height as a kodan, in the game). Do note I generally suck at scaling :P.

It’s entirely reasonable that there are “petite” norn who are around 8 feet tall (or a tiny bit shorter).

Honestly, this comes across like me going “What’s with all the super innocent, teenage looking female warriors. guardians, thieves, etc? It’s so out of place and weird, stop being a thing!”

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

It bothers me. I play just above minimum height human male. So I see him as around 5’8"/5’9". And there are female Norn just barely taller than me

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

It bothers me. I play just above minimum height human male. So I see him as around 5’8"/5’9". And there are female Norn just barely taller than me

Why would a min-height human be 5’8" in gw2? :P That’s around average height last I checked.

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’ve always seen average human male height in GW2 to be 6’ – I think someone even checked scaling and found this to be true.

So a max human male height in GW2 should be ~7’ I’d imagine.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Zakhelm.4618

Zakhelm.4618

Wish we knew how limber a Norn max hieght vs Min Hieght.
my speculation is that for a Norn at Max hieght, I think it would be harder to do more limber stuff lets say dodge sword blows swiftly. However with the Max Hieght comes its advantages like using more power, being able to see farther(like when humans in the old days would climb trees to better see there surroundings), miore reach with melee weapons(based on game models).

My guess the shorter a Norn is the more limber they are to do gymnastic style feats. but to compinsate for shorter size they must be more clever and crafty. prompting a Norn to be more under Raven Spirit(Cunning),Snow Leopard(strategy), and Wolf spirit(Strength in numbers(probably paired up with larger Norn to make up for weakness in size)).

DH: Cause no one expects the Guardian to Snipe
Zachelm Guardian of Time-Keepers: Timekeepers HQ

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I shrunk my norn down to minimum height to complete some jumping puzzles.
>.>

But I was so disgusted, and I couldn’t wait to put her back when I was done.
I’m never doing it again. I will do my jumping puzzles with only one foot from now on.

Small Norn

in Lore

Posted by: Athiena Jade.6053

Athiena Jade.6053

My Norn Guardian is average height.

My Elementalist is on the lower end of the scale. It works with her story. She was always smaller, always made fun of by those that are her same age. As such, she decided to harness the power of the Elements.

But all races are going to have a range of heights… and you will always have outliers. So there is nothing wrong with someone picking any of the sizes available.