Snaff jokes aren't cool.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

I just heard a Halloween joke that was something like, “How do you get away from a dragon? – You just outrun Snaff!”
Not cool, ANet. That novel had me in tears at the end of it. I was actually offended (I know that sounds SO lame…).

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

My boyfriend’s first comment when we heard that was:
“…too soon?”

I believe it of Mad King Thorn though T_T

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

That´s the thing about mad king…he´s not terribly nice person.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Sajuuk.5706

Sajuuk.5706

That was without a doubt my favorite Mad King joke. It is pitch perfect in it’s level of offensiveness.

“Maim. Rinse. Repeat.”

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

The Mad King is intended to be a cruel, unfeeling character. Some of his jokes are just lame, but others are pretty mean. He’s not one of the good guys, and his words should not be taken as representative of ANet’s real opinions.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: agnostAnts.7065

agnostAnts.7065

Okay, okay, so a human, an asura, and an elder dragon walk into a bar. The bartender says, “what’ll you have boys?” The Asura says he’ll take a flask of firewater, and the human gets a mug of ale. The elder dragon points to the asura and says, “I’ll have him!” So the asura turns to the human and says, “can I get a little help here?” But the human had already run off leaving him with the bill!

… Okay the punchline needs a little work, but the parts are all there.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it’s cruel, but it’s hilarious. snaff would be proud.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Aequitas.6402

Aequitas.6402

Soooo…. A friend of yours, then?

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Mad King Thorn can say whatever he likes! Bless that man…erm spirit…erm evil ghostly jolly pumpkin headed fellow.?

Mad king thorn deserves his own expansion…who needs elder dragons…Id gladly join his Lunatic Inquisition.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Romarix.5829

Romarix.5829

That’s pretty funny actually. I lol’d.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

One of the funniest parts of Halloween was when Mad King Thorn made a Hylek joke, and I yelled out in All chat “YOU CROSSED THE LINE!”

Followed by Stomp.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Zoe.6230

Zoe.6230

Sure it’s their character to make fun of but he was a very likable, adorable character so…bad taste.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Sure it’s their character to make fun of but he was a very likable, adorable character so…bad taste.

That’s the point, though… the Mad King has bad taste. He’s not a nice man. He’s a monster.

This is the same guy who had one of his wives murdered and burned another at the stake, tortured and dismembered peasants, and was responsible for the deaths of a whole lot of people.

Yeah, what he said about Snaff is mean… but being mean is very much in character for the Mad King.

I don’t think what the Mad King says should ever be read as how ANet truly thinks and feels. King Thorn is a villain in the story, even though he’s part of the holiday celebration. I think sometimes people forget that.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

Anakita’s right – the Mad King was always a bit iffy in GW1, but the histories we got this year really drove home that he was a pretty awful person. He’s cruel, sadistic, and reacts totally out of proportion to any perceived slight against him. If he saw you get upset about Snaff, he’d laugh in your face and consider it a successful Mad King’s Day.

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Anakita’s right – the Mad King was always a bit iffy in GW1, but the histories we got this year really drove home that he was a pretty awful person. He’s cruel, sadistic, and reacts totally out of proportion to any perceived slight against him. If he saw you get upset about Snaff, he’d laugh in your face and consider it a successful Mad King’s Day.

or he’d just kill you, like in GW1 days.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Snaff jokes aren't cool.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That’s why I’m SO glad that this Halloween allowed us to give ol’ Thorn a good smackdown.