So, ANET... About Taimi.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

A story would be good:) Better yet, has anyone noticed her golem sounds like one of those turrets from Portal ? :P

i have yet to see her talk to her golem, or see the golem talk. maybe i should sit next to her for a while.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m sure there’s a flame legion charr somewhere baking some fine human ribs.

There’s books of the Flame Legion, I think in Sunken Halls of Clarent on the hill, one of which is something along the lines of “A hundred ways to cook human.”

Er . . . I never did ask what meat they were using in that stew of theirs. Hmmm. Excuse me, I need to have a talk with some Ash Legion.

Modern charr – sans possibly Flame Legion – don’t eat sentient beings anymore.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

A story would be good:) Better yet, has anyone noticed her golem sounds like one of those turrets from Portal ? :P

i have yet to see her talk to her golem, or see the golem talk. maybe i should sit next to her for a while.

You can’t talk to her golem, BUT, in Marionette event fight in lane 1 and you will hear her!

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

You can’t talk to her golem, BUT, in Marionette event fight in lane 1 and you will hear her!

i said see (or hear, i guess) her talking to the golem :P

only heard her talking from inside it.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Er . . . I never did ask what meat they were using in that stew of theirs. Hmmm. Excuse me, I need to have a talk with some Ash Legion.

If you believe that, I have some prime farmland to sell you. Of course, there may possibly be a minor issue with centaurs . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

I always assumed that the claims that they ate humans to begin with was propaganda – the charr leader telling the tale of Stormcaller to the cubs on the Perimeter Loop of the Black Citadel claims exactly the same thing about the humans, which

1. Tells us that charr are repulsed by the idea of humans eating charr (and so, presumably, are repulsed by the idea of charr eating humans), and
  2. Reminds us that claims of cannibalism (or whatever you’d call it, since humans and charr aren’t the same species) should be taken with a grain of salt.
Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I always assumed that the claims that they ate humans to begin with was propaganda – the charr leader telling the tale of Stormcaller to the cubs on the Perimeter Loop of the Black Citadel claims exactly the same thing about the humans, which

1. Tells us that charr are repulsed by the idea of humans eating charr (and so, presumably, are repulsed by the idea of charr eating humans), and
  2. Reminds us that claims of cannibalism (or whatever you’d call it, since humans and charr aren’t the same species) should be taken with a grain of salt.

pfft… next you’ll be telling me communists don’t eat babies.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

pfft… next you’ll be telling me communists don’t eat babies.

They do. Veal, you know . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

I wish they would slow down a bit, the way that introduce all their characters. . . it’s absurdly fast, I don’t any other way to put it. This causes me to not really care about the character.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’m sure there’s a flame legion charr somewhere baking some fine human ribs.

There’s books of the Flame Legion, I think in Sunken Halls of Clarent on the hill, one of which is something along the lines of “A hundred ways to cook human.”

Wow really? I never knew that. I will have to check this out

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Not unlikely. But do keep in mind that as I said, you can find a Flame Legion cook book on how to cook humans. And then there’s:

“I spied some Charr a few days ago dragging a sack into their cooking tent. A wriggling, talking sack. What do you make of that?”
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vael

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Not unlikely. But do keep in mind that as I said, you can find a Flame Legion cook book on how to cook humans. And then there’s:

“I spied some Charr a few days ago dragging a sack into their cooking tent. A wriggling, talking sack. What do you make of that?”
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vael

A charr-loving human might say it’s obvious lies from a pathological liar like Vael.

I say it’s more evidence you can’t trust him if he wouldn’t even try to go for a mercy kill on the thing in the sack.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

1. I love that her golem is called Scruffy.

2. “You can stop worrying. They’re not offensive. They’re probes. She’s looking for something.” – this line makes my brain tick more than anything.

I love her, <3

S/F Asuran Elementalist

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

That she’s Omadd’s daughter.

This isn’t a serious reply, more of a random thought. What if she’s the daughter of Zojja and Kudu?

On that note it entirely possible she Councillor Yahk’s daughter and Zojja attempting to guide the young asura away from the Inquest line of thought.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

This isn’t a serious reply, more of a random thought. What if she’s the daughter of Zojja and Kudu?

On that note it entirely possible she Councillor Yahk’s daughter and Zojja attempting to guide the young asura away from the Inquest line of thought.

Or the identity of her parents are entirely irrelevant like with 99% of the characters in any video game.

~Sincerely, Scissors

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

why would zojja have a kid with the person she hates the most?

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

I did say it was a random thought. Also that could be one of the reasons she hates Kudu so much. Honestly I’m surprise someone took it serious I was expecting the response, if any, to be that this is a serious discussion and such nonsensical replies aren’t allowed.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I did say it was a random thought. Also that could be one of the reasons she hates Kudu so much. Honestly I’m surprise someone took it serious I was expecting the response, if any, to be that this is a serious discussion and such nonsensical replies aren’t allowed.

well the devs kinda made it sound like it’s a big deal to her character that she’s orphan, sooooooo that’s why it’s being discussed in the first place.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Honestly I’m surprise someone took it serious I was expecting the response, if any, to be that this is a serious discussion and such nonsensical replies aren’t allowed.

So basically the comment I gave you? ^^

~Sincerely, Scissors

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Darkbattlemage.9612

Honestly I’m surprise someone took it serious I was expecting the response, if any, to be that this is a serious discussion and such nonsensical replies aren’t allowed.

So basically the comment I gave you? ^^

Exactly

well the devs kinda made it sound like it’s a big deal to her character that she’s orphan, sooooooo that’s why it’s being discussed in the first place.

Well then there only two ways I see this being important to the plot.
The first is Scarlet unintentionally, or intentionally, rescued her in the past leading to her interest in the Sylvari.

Or

During her stay at Rata Sum Scarlet acted like a surrogate mother to the orphan Asura.

Of course there are countless other ways this can be important that I’m just not seeing.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Well then there only two ways I see this being important to the plot.
The first is Scarlet unintentionally, or intentionally, rescued her in the past leading to her interest in the Sylvari.

Or

During her stay at Rata Sum Scarlet acted like a surrogate mother to the orphan Asura.

Of course there are countless other ways this can be important that I’m just not seeing.

countless other ways… like how she could be the daughter of scarlet’s mentor, who scarlet herself killed? :P

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Taimi’s obviously Snaff’s daughter. Born around the time of his death.

Dear ANet writers,

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Taimi’s obviously Snaff’s daughter. Born around the time of his death.

and zojja’s the mother. she was pregnant when they fought kralkatorrik.

they grow so fast :,D

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You can get a fair bit of her back story from Taimi herself in EotM. The golem makes a lot more sense now. Taimi is becoming one of the best written characters in the Living Story.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Her legs don’t work properly
I just thought that was a touch of genius. <3 for the tiny disabled little Asura. She’s now one of my favourite characters.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Shiren.9532

It makes her vulnerable but at the same time she’s so capable because of her asuran craftiness, she not limited by it. I had just assumed she really loved golems and if a kid was going to fight, inside armour was more believable for a kid. I also liked Taimi pointing out Scarlet’s quest for freedom. It reminded me of the video game Cloud (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_%28video_game%29) about a boy in a hospital bed who dreams of flying. I think I’m reading into it a bit here, but Taimi probably spent some time feeling trapped by her weak legs, yearning for freedom (which she gained from her golem, it also explains why she’s so reckless – better than sitting inside). The idea that she can relate to Scarlet’s desire for freedom because of her own desire for freedom from her illness, that resonated with me. Everyone else views Scarlet as a monster but Taimi relates to her.

Honestly, there was so much information about Taimi in this recent patch and all of it was really enjoyable. I think she’s the first prominant asuran character in-game that I’ve actually liked.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

You can get a fair bit of her back story from Taimi herself in EotM. The golem makes a lot more sense now. Taimi is becoming one of the best written characters in the Living Story.

probably because she arrived right when the writers took control of the characters :P

but yes, i sat there for a good while, she gives a lot of exposition both on herself and leylines, surprisingly.

apparently leylines are somewhat common knowledge among casters, because marjory and kasmeer seemed well versed in it, and even braham had a rough understanding of how they worked.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Shiren.9532

Who was writing the characters prior to now?

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Volstag.6371

Volstag.6371

I had no intention of setting one foot onto the new pvp map to get the scattered pieces of Taimi’s golem. None….

But then I learn that her legs don’t work and spend the next hour getting it. Curse you ANET, I can’t leave her like that.

some men aren’t looking for anything logical…
some men just want to watch the world burn.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Who was writing the characters prior to now?

the writers write dialogue, but scripting was up to content designers. this led to a lot of story being pushed to the background so gameplay content could be done. at some point, the designers taught the writing team how to script, so now the writers can just add all the text walls they wanted by themselves, instead of having to ask a content designer to do it between tasks.

that’s my understanding of it.

in other words, the writers are able to push more story into the releases without affecting the gameplay density much. hence all those dialogue branches and voiced dialogues that pop if you just sit around.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I had no intention of setting one foot onto the new pvp map to get the scattered pieces of Taimi’s golem. None….

But then I learn that her legs don’t work and spend the next hour getting it. Curse you ANET, I can’t leave her like that.

I can!

She does not get to go anywhere near Scarlet until I finish “borrowing” a charr wood chipper.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I can!

She does not get to go anywhere near Scarlet until I finish “borrowing” a charr wood chipper.

your hatred of asuras would go as far as killing a poor disabled child?

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am fine with leaving her too- Braham can step up and make himself useful.

Gunnar’s Hold

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: AsgarZigel.4530

AsgarZigel.4530

I like her quite a bit more than I thought I would as well.
Pairing him up with Braham also makes a lot more sense to me now. I quite like that he takes responsibility for her even though he got pretty much shafted by Logan. He’s pretty much the only character for which that makes sense, he can sympathize due to his own childhood. Even though Taimi herself doesn’t seem fazed by being an orphan too much so far.
Either way, it’s a nice touch and shows they put some thought into it.

So, ANET... About Taimi.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I’d agree. Overall, this patch seems to have some of the best conversation, dialogues, and all around character portrayal that we’ve seen in a long time. It gives me a lot of hope for how stories will be working out in the near future.