So... Aetherblades

So... Aetherblades

in Lore

Posted by: Ticared.8429

Ticared.8429

I have a terrible mess in my head after trying to find infos bout ‘’what happened to Aetherblade’’ afterall. I’ve found the obviouses like:
- Base from ‘’Aetherblade Retreat’’ – destroyed, airships destroyed
- ‘’Second Aetherblade Site’’ – plundered, (crew killed?), airship taken by Lionguards
- Twilight Arbour – destroyed, airships destroyed
- Mai Trin- alive, in the Mists

And now I have some questions:
Could there be more aetherblade’s bases we don’t know about(located in Tyria)?
Do aetherblades from The Mists have a chance to strike back?
Can we even expect another campaign like ‘’The Big Return of Sky Pirates’’? Or it was just a Scarlet, who they were working for.

I would be really grateful for every help I can get, because i like Aetherblades so much.
Sorry if in the past there was an topic with similar content.

So... Aetherblades

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well they’re down but not out. However I think the biggest consideration when thinking about a possible return of the Aetherblades is how? Currently new content is added as part of the living story and as expansions. Somewhere between the killing of Elder Dragons I’m not sure how the Aetherblades would fit in. And if they did they’d probably just be a small detour.

So... Aetherblades

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Last we heard was that they retreated to the Edge of the Mists after the Battle for LA, with Mai Trin as their ultimate leader now, and she’s consolidating her forces for… something unknown to us.

Similar situations for the Motlen Alliance and Toxic Alliance. Their leaders – identities unknown to both player and character – still live and their forces remain sizeable. They cannot return to their former groups under penalty of death (at least for Flame Legion and Krait), and in the case of the latter (Toxic Alliance) they aren’t even in their mind due to some hoohaa that Scarlet did (and why they glow bright green). So for now they’re skulking about somewhere waiting for their next chance at life.

Anet has promised a return of all three in the future.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

So... Aetherblades

in Lore

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

Omg imagine if Rytlock, while wandering in the Mists, came across them and proposed a treaty of peace to Mai Trin if she helps the Pact by lending her fleet or something.

So... Aetherblades

in Lore

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Their role is over. Good riddance.

So... Aetherblades

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Then why have them retrieve Mai Trin?
They left them open for later use.

So... Aetherblades

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Then why have them retrieve Mai Trin?
They left them open for later use.

Open sure, but the I think it highly unlikely that we’d see them anytime soon.