So DSD is totally safe?

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

If it doesn’t bother with the surface world, there is no need to bother with it as well.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I think it was listed as a reason no one goes to Cantha anymore. That, and Cantha’s extreme xenophobia. Mostly the xenophobia, I think.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

I think it was listed as a reason no one goes to Cantha anymore. That, and Cantha’s extreme xenophobia. Mostly the xenophobia, I think.

Zhaitan was doing the block mostly.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It’s pushed the karka and the krait straight into us. I wouldn’t call that safe. Add in the way Elder Dragons like to move large distances without warning, or paying much attention to what’s in their way, and I’d say Selbbub is still a threat. Just not an immediate one.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

With Dragons absorbing all this unbound magic, the DSD could easily turn towards these new sources of sustenance. Given that absorbing different dragonic magics can evolve minions to different states, there is opportunity for them to be able to adapt to a coastal or land environment.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

No real indication if any sea dragon concept art we’ve seen is tied to the DSD or not, truthfully, either as the DSD itself or as a champion.

As for it if is a threat, basically what Aaron and Randulf said – it’s not an immediate threat but it is a threat, and it can become an immediate threat at a moment’s notice.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

They’ve already pulled an Abbadon on us twice now with the expansion announcement, so why not do it a third time with DSD huh? It was planning to be the only Elder Dragon all along! I fear something like this may end up happening if they don’t kill it off screen (which is also way up top at the ‘would suck to hear’ list). I only hope they do something with this one that has development instead of just shoehorning it into us (like LS3 did in some places).

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

If the Deep Sea Dragon does infact hijack the Canthan Empire(like how Abaddon hijacked the Guild Wars Game, how Mordremoth hijacked the Sylvari and how Balthazar duped the White Mantle in LS3) it better resemble the Canthan Dragons considering they all have an aquatic look to them(which is suspiciously similar to the 3 headed dragon in that art).

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

I just want them to tell us its fricken name, unless there is something truly spoiler-ish about it I can see no reason for us to go however many years its been without giving us its name.

Hate is Fuel.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

No real indication if any sea dragon concept art we’ve seen is tied to the DSD or not, truthfully, either as the DSD itself or as a champion.

As for it if is a threat, basically what Aaron and Randulf said – it’s not an immediate threat but it is a threat, and it can become an immediate threat at a moment’s notice.

No, what I’m asking is if it never bother the surface world much like the current situation.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Randulf.7614

No, what I’m asking is if it never bother the surface world much like the current situation.

Well, even if it never decides to directly affect the surface world, it could easily have an indirect affect.

- it could be affecting Cantha or other lands. We only ever see continental Tyria

- we know it has affected races such as largos, quaggan and krait, which in turn are affecting the eco and bio systems of the mainland.

- we know the DSD can twist the water into things and it likely has control over or at least affect the weather systems. That could be the most significant issue.

There are enough unknowns to give the devs a lot of leeway about what the Dragon can do or affect. At the moment we arent trying to kill dragons, so it is well contained from the point of view of continental Tyria and unless any of the above come true, the Dragon is prob well supplied with magic out there and both sides will be at a natural truce.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I just want them to tell us its fricken name, unless there is something truly spoiler-ish about it I can see no reason for us to go however many years its been without giving us its name.

It’s name…

Is…

Scarlet Briar.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Randulf.7614

The reason it doesn’t have a name is likely;

1) because it’s more fun to have the playerbase speculate

2) the DSD’s has a msytique about it which is more Eldritch than the others and as such, having a Nameless Elder Dragon helps retain that aura. It’s perfectly in keeping with some of the Mythos stuff that span from Lovecraft’s contemporaries and beyond. There is something more menacing and evil in having something so powerful and destructive not be named and that seeps into quite a lot of literature from fantasy, to horror to RPG’s.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

The Greyhawk.9107

It’s name…

Is…

Scarlet Briar.

Hate is Fuel.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Cthulhu.

Attachments:

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Catastro.8410

Catastro.8410

While killing it is out if question simply letting it be would be pretty stupid. It did drive the karka and krait inland after all, there’s no telling what else could be lurking in those waters that’s yet to be driven out by Steve, and since this is Tyria it could be even worse than the Karka and Krait combined.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

While killing it is out if question simply letting it be would be pretty stupid. It did drive the karka and krait inland after all, there’s no telling what else could be lurking in those waters that’s yet to be driven out by Steve, and since this is Tyria it could be even worse than the Karka and Krait combined.

I have this really strange feeling at the end of PoF we may get a glimps of DSD as our cliffhanger part of our ending to foreshadow the next set of events since with Kalky dealt with it and Jormag and Primordus now in deep sleep, DSD is the only active Elder Dragon left to deal with.

Though if it is a cliffhanger I hope it is a “distant” scene that shows DSD while also being so far enough that the Commander and his or her allies will not know about it thus leaving the player to be the only ones who know about the coming danger.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

It’s name…

Is…

Scarlet Briar.

My God… Are you sure you don’t work for the Anet writing team, because this is just GENIUS.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

The DSD has a name it’s referenced a single time. Mainly that “Hey, the name of the sixth dragon is on this scroll, but that section is damaged and can’t be translated from the ancient texts to modern language.”

It might not be fully awake, as it’s driving of the Krait from the deep trenches seems less of a planned or invasion attack, and more of a “It started stirring/it’s minions pushed outward.”

We know the inquest had a minion of the DSD at some point though.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

The Greyhawk.9107

The DSD has a name it’s referenced a single time. Mainly that “Hey, the name of the sixth dragon is on this scroll, but that section is damaged and can’t be translated from the ancient texts to modern language.”

It might not be fully awake, as it’s driving of the Krait from the deep trenches seems less of a planned or invasion attack, and more of a “It started stirring/it’s minions pushed outward.”

We know the inquest had a minion of the DSD at some point though.

Considering it drove both the krait and the karka out of the deep, both being a very vicious species and the two taking place at different intervals of time, I’m not inclined to think that DSD hasn’t fully awakened.

Hate is Fuel.

So DSD is totally safe?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

From what we know of the All, the DSD woke up 200 years ago.

From Ember Bay, we know the karka arrived on Central Tyria before the rising of Orr – i.e., over 100 years ago – despite only being known to us very recently. The krait, on the other hand, were forced from their homelands 50 years ago (or earlier) as that is when they forced out the quaggan of their own homeland in their exodus.

And currently, the DSD’s minions are fighting the largos, being such a strong force that the largos see the need to take their apprentices to the mainland in order to ensure the untrained fighters’ safety.

Dear ANet writers,