in Lore

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

My question is… Who’s the father?

So Glint layed some eggs...

in Lore

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

RandomEggWeGaveToStrangeGlowyThingsAndSeemsToBeTheLastOfTheEggsInexplicably, I am your father!

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I just hope we see Glint’s son from gw1 appear as a friendly dragon.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

We don`t know how the life cycle of crystal/glass/whatever dragons work. How they multiply.

We don`t know how much she was altered through Kalkratorik, whih could have influenced it.

There are species on earth who don`t need a partner to procreate.
There are some who are able to impregnate themselves by changing their sex for example.

Then this is a magical world and a fictional being. Maybe she doesn`t need a partner.

She was a dragon champion, maybe she learnt how to produce offsprings like she created minions.

Maybe she was pregnant before she/he (do we really know the gender here?) was corruped and they were in stasis the whole time.
If I am not mistaken, the eggs in GW1 were indeed in some kind of magical stasis.

I mean, we don`t see any other glint like dragons around and she was corrupted before everything happened, most likely with the last rising. She could be the last of her kind (except her magical not really explained offsprings, which seem to exist in the world and then again forgotten, because plot conviniences and mystery and stuff)

in Lore

Posted by: Vilenia.3081

Vilenia.3081

Mrs Cartman.

The Whitening Theory, or why Captain Theo Ashford had to die…

in Lore

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

An ancient Shatterer?

But seriously I’m more inclined to agree with Jaken that just like some real life organisims Glint may have been able to reproduce without a partner. That would make sense for a dragon champion since one of their functions is to create minions for the dragon and if each one can do it independently instead of needing pairs that would be more efficient.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Lore

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

Yeah i think its alot like the Pale Tree. and Glint just create the eggs " possibly based on what ever she was if she was ever a living creature"
(i have to wonder why the forgotten risked so much to free glint and do we even know how long she had thos eggs?)

in Lore

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Well the big question is what happened to “Shinny” Glints baby from Eye of The North. The Brotherhood of the Dragon now the Zephyrights, where looking after him. ANet seems to have retcond him out of existence.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Well the big question is what happened to “Shinny” Glints baby from Eye of The North. The Brotherhood of the Dragon now the Zephyrights, where looking after him. ANet seems to have retcond him out of existence.

False. He’s actually directly mentioned in season 2 at one point. He’s given a proper name (I think it’s Gleam or something?), and is mentioned to have existed, though most people now think it’s just a legend.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Shiny was Goren’s pet dragon, which was a Saltspray Dragon from Cantha and placed in the djinn city within Vabbi the name of which I will never be able to remember (and people think Kralkatorrik is tough to remember… HAH!).

Glint’s hatched child we saw during Eye of the North is indeed given the name Gleam by bards according to Eir in S2 E6 (Return to Camp Resolve instance).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Shiny was Goren’s pet dragon, which was a Saltspray Dragon from Cantha and placed in the djinn city within Vabbi the name of which I will never be able to remember (and people think Kralkatorrik is tough to remember… HAH!).

Glint’s hatched child we saw during Eye of the North is indeed given the name Gleam by bards according to Eir in S2 E6 (Return to Camp Resolve instance).

Thanks for the correction, and the information. I had missed that.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I’m thinking she created the eggs through some kind of magic or ritual. Considering that even if there was more than one of whatever species Glint is, there hasn’t been since at least the last dragon rising. And if she needed said ancient partner to make the eggs, that’d be one hell of a gestation period on those dragonlings.
And if nothing else, I certainly hope she didn’t have to manually lay those eggs. They had pretty rough looking edges.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Posted by: Grogba.6204

Grogba.6204

Consider the Pale Tree: It was one of Mordremoth champions before Ventari taught it through his tablet, too. The Sylvari are, in a certain may, very similar to Glint’s egg.

The major difference between Sylvari and the hatchling would be their “rank”, so to say. Much like queens in insect colonies produce workers and young queens alike, the Sylvari would be the workers of the Pale Tree who, under extreme circumstances, would possibly be able to move its avatar to a more secure area to take root again. (If we were to burn down the Grove)

So I would say that dragon champions can create their own minions without the help of their master.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The avatar is just an aetheric apparition of the Pale Tree. The Pale Tree is the Grove. If you burn down the Grove, you kill the Pale Tree – avatar and all.

It’s well known that dragon champions can create minions on their own, the question is more of whether Glint was pregnant pre-corruption (we know that dragon minions cannot sexually reproduce – due to the whole ‘body turns into ice/crystal/fire/decayed flesh’ thing – but a pregnant creature corrupted by an Elder Dragon/a dragon champion would have the eggs corrupted too and be able to keep the eggs in stasis, much like Glint’s final egg has been until HoT).

The thing to keep in mind is two:

1. She was originally a living being. Though whether she was a dragon isn’t clarified, however there’s plenty of evidence to suggest a dragon race in Tyria in the past (Bone Dragons from GW1 amongst many other things).
  2. Her eggs have been in stasis for an unspecified amount of time.

So the question really falls down to “when were the eggs made?” on whether or not they are just dragon minion creations (like the Crystal Guardians and Crystal Spiders in GW1, no doubt) or if they’re corrupted dragon eggs.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m thinking she created the eggs through some kind of magic or ritual. Considering that even if there was more than one of whatever species Glint is, there hasn’t been since at least the last dragon rising. And if she needed said ancient partner to make the eggs, that’d be one hell of a gestation period on those dragonlings.
And if nothing else, I certainly hope she didn’t have to manually lay those eggs. They had pretty rough looking edges.

There are plenty of examples in real life of animals that can keep either fertilized eggs or eggs and sperm in a kind of suspended animation within their own bodies until a suitable time.

Many mammals which hibernate, for example, will mate during the summer or autumn but the eggs won’t implant until during the hibernation period, so that they’re born in the spring or summer when there’s more food around.

Some can do this over even longer time-periods, on an ‘as needed’ basis. Kangeroos for example can ‘hold onto’ an embryo until the joey in the pouch is ready to leave, or through periods of drought and starvation. I think it’s up to 2 years, but I can’t remember exactly. (Humans can’t do this basically because we’ve never needed to.)

And then of course there’s more extreme examples from other taxa. Like aquatic invertebrates who produce eggs that won’t develop unless they dry out and then get wet again, specifically as a kind of ‘back-up’ plan in case something happens to them. And there are seeds which were sealed inside the pyramids that germinated in the 20th century.

Shift back into fantasy species and you can get even more extreme examples. Daenerys’ dragon eggs (in A Song of Ice and Fire) were inactive for at least about 100 years and presumed to be fossilized before they hatched.

(And finally for the issue of laying the eggs being uncomfortable….yeah….just one of the joys of being female.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Lore

Posted by: Mike.7263

Mike.7263

Mordremoth. His magic white stuff inseminated the egg.