So.. about that sword?

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Did anything ever happen to the sword you ‘loot’ in the ascalonian catacombs just so Logan and uncle Trombone can be buddies again?
Rytlock still caries around Sohothin, but whatever happened to Magdaer?

IIRC Eir send to sword to Beigarth to have it fixed, but I haven’t heard from it yet. Apparantly when one has both swords they can cleanse the Searing in Ascalon?
Maybe that’s why Rytlock’s fix didn’t work, he only had Sohothin?

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

That’s about right. Last we heard of Magdaer Eir was going to send it off- we don’t even know for sure she was going to give it to Beigarth, just that she knew a blacksmith who could repair it.

Season 2 introduced a new element, though. Rytlock seems convinced that Magdaer caused the curse, so it’s Sohothin’s role to end it. If that’s the case, they might not intend to bring Magdaer back into the story at all. Just one more loose end left behind.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I actualy believe it comes back into play at some point.
Unfortunatly, as it stands right now, only for a sacrifice.

I don’t know. The whole ordeal always had that undead army from Lord of the Rings vibe and the one who will wield the sword may be the one to charge and die with it.

And as there are human ghosts in Ascalon and the story points to Logan (who for some reason can still be connected to be of royal lineage, like if they made Gwen the result of an affair for example… but that’s going too far maybe).
Which could also explain a bit of Rytlocks secrecy. Maybe he knows about the sacrifice part and doesn’t want his buddy to do so.

Anyway, just some two second thoughts here.

(edited by Jaken.6801)

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Posted by: Astragal.7906

Astragal.7906

For my part, if Magdaer is the one sword responsible of the Curse while Sohotin is the cure, I think that the first shall be destroyed to put an end to the curse.
Or it may as well be reforged in one unique sword with its twin sister. If you mix a cure with the ill, then the ill disappears right? That’s second thought comes with the blacksmith part but it is a bit too far and somehow a bit illogical maybe.

Or the sword may be left at all and no story about Magdaer (not really sure the idea is cancelled)

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

@astragal
you can’t have a complete chapter in both PS and LS2 about the curse of ascalon and the sword and then suddenly completely drop it..
That would be one of the jerkiest things for anet to do

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

Maybe they are setting the stage for a new Legendary sword twin-weapons like Sunrise and Twilight? :>

Or maybe combine Magdaer and Sohothin to create.. a new Greatsword!

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

Maybe they are setting the stage for a new Legendary sword twin-weapons like Sunrise and Twilight? :>

Or maybe combine Magdaer and Sohothin to create.. a new Greatsword!

I hope that wouldn’t require the death of uncle trombone. And I get a feel he won’t let go of Sohothin unless we tear it from his dead, unliving corpse that has been unalived

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Would it be Magathin or Sohodaer?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Amaimon.7823

Would it be Magathin or Sohodaer?

Sodo Sopa, obviously

So.. about that sword?

in Lore

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

And as there are human ghosts in Ascalon and the story points to Logan (who for some reason can still be connected to be of royal lineage, like if they made Gwen the result of an affair for example… but that’s going too far maybe).

That’s pretty speculative, especially when we already have a known descendant of Doric right there in Ebonhawke: Commander/Captain Wade Samuelsson, Duke of Ebonhawke. He, based on his line’s continued presence in Ascalon, may be the only one who can make a legitimate claim to the throne. I can’t help but feel that he was introduced into the story early on so he could be trotted out and put center stage when the time came to really deal with the Foefire.