So these Kiwi Monsters

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

New monsters in 2nd expansion area which are big Kiwi Monsters that explode when they die revealing to be actually just living kiwi fruits.

So any guesses currently how these thing came to be?

All I can think up is that some Magic user got really really drunk one day or gotten so dehydrated in the desert that he used magic to create these things just to have some kind of fruit to eat for its fruit juice.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I thought “kiwi” myself when I saw the Holosmith video. But a friend suggests they are cacti, which makes sense for a desert expansion.

I just hope they aren’t the mushrooms-with-legs of PoF: cartoonishly bizarre, make you go wtf, and turn out to be the most horrid things to fight in the map

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Mobile plants have been a thing since the days of Prophecies. Though the core GW2 game lacked them, and they never came in the form of mobile cacti or mushrooms, they’ve always existed.

And the only lore for why they exist is “local magic build up, usually from lots of magical experimentations, causes slight mutation in local flora”.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

At a guess, I’d say we’re looking at the GW2 version of Salving Cactus.

It’s a pretty radical model change, but no more so than the hydras.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Sadly, they are called choya.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

Sadly, they are called choya.

Makes you wonder how they will explain that Choya Invasion event that will happen in one of the towns as we seen in the trailer.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

Are these just re-skinned quaggan models too?

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Does vaguely look like it…

Hate is Fuel.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

If they actually were fruit-based monsters, then they might the Papayas about which the game’s true plot revolves.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Those are Choya, also known as “Mexican Jumping Cactus.” They’re native to Southern California and the desert in Northern Mexico.

Mesmerising Girl

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

This is a bit of a “citation needed”, but I think I heard NPCs talking in the demo area about the Choya. If memory serves they were said to live on top of mesas but something happened to force some of them to leave the mesas and begin harassing human colonised areas.

I’d be interesting to see if anyone else has a record of what I remember hearing.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It’s the old and young miners south of the quarry. I didn’t take screenshots, but the gist is that there’s a story of a peaceful choya village on top of a mesa somewhere out in the desert, but that they remain peaceful by tossing troublemakers off the cliff. The unspoken implication being that all of the hostile choya we have to deal with come from those outcasts.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

It’s the old and young miners south of the quarry. I didn’t take screenshots, but the gist is that there’s a story of a peaceful choya village on top of a mesa somewhere out in the desert, but that they remain peaceful by tossing troublemakers off the cliff. The unspoken implication being that all of the hostile choya we have to deal with come from those outcasts.

Such an enlightened people.

Hate is Fuel.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Codes.6870

Codes.6870

These Choyas are so cute and ugly at the same time. I just wanna hug them and then punch em in the face.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

EdwinLi.1284

These Choyas are so cute and ugly at the same time. I just wanna hug them and then punch em in the face.

Anet put plenty of effort for certain with the Choya.

If they are moving down a hill, they will be rolling down the hill as their movement animations but only if they are going down a hill. Everything else they move normally.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Luindu.2418

Luindu.2418

Dry-quaggan’s evolution! LOL giving the quaggan lovers something familiar and the quaggan hatters a form to kill it.

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Dry-quaggan’s evolution! LOL giving the quaggan lovers something familiar and the quaggan hatters a form to kill it.

Well spotted and very believable theory. Take a +1.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

So these Kiwi Monsters

in Lore

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

My only question is whether there will be a new smoothie recipe with their chunks as an ingredient.