Soul Dragon?

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

I’ve been thinking. Primorduis creates things, Zhaitan is the dragon of death, Mordremoth is mind and Jormag corrupts wills. Kralkatirik is the storm dragon. What if the souls of the dragons merge to create the Corrupted Soul Dragon? Or maybe a new Titan made with the souls of the dragons? If you are wondering how I got souls, death, mind, creation, then if you combine them you get soul. But where does storm come in…

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I see it as each dragon has a strength that their minions represent, and another that they themselves use against us, and that is their weakness. You know, literary device of their strength is their weakness? I’ve listed it like in the same order as I did up here.

Zhaitain – Death, Corruption

Mordremoth – Life, Mind

Primordus – Fire, Creation

Jormag – Ice, Temptation

Kralkatorrik – Air(that’s the element, but it’s mainly crystal powers), Power

Bubbles – Water, Fear

Soul?? All 6 dragons die and come together as one monster dragon that’s main power is soul. Some cool thing like what I heard about in Factions(?) where you die, but you come back would be amazing.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Do you know how tortured souls can become Titans? Well maybe that can happen but with dragon souls.

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

The titans come from the Foundry of Failed Creations. I guess titans are mostly “forged” from human souls. So the question is, do dragons even have souls? If they have souls, do they go to the mists after the dragon died? And if so, do they go to the domain of anguish? Which is now Kormir’s domain, so we also need to ask, is the Foundry even still active? And even if it still active, are dragon souls even fit for use in the Foundry?
In other words, we know too little about dragons to give a good answer. Maybe titans can be made with dragon souls (assuming they have souls) but it is probably never going to happen since the only known spot for titan creation is no longer active and also in a part of the mists which was mostly reserved for human souls (you could find the odd charr and centaur though).

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Thunderfall: I don’t think Jormag is ‘wills’. Every Elder Dragon removes their victims’ willpower in corruption. It’s a fundamental aspect of dragon corruption.

My theory is that Jormag is ice and souls, given Jormag’s interest in the Mists that began as early as Svanir, and given how some lines about the Sons of Svanir mention that their souls are corrupted.

@Fenom: Mordremoth does more in the way of ‘creation’ than Primordus does. Both of those dragons create minions from their corruption, ‘growing’ them in pools and pods.

I don’t see how Jormag is ‘temptation’ – rather, I get how you get it but Jormag does far more then tempt, and that’s merely a method of conversion. It would be like saying Kralkatorrik’s second sphere of power is ‘breath’ because that’s how he created the Dragonbrand – with his breath.

I also don’t get where you see ‘power’ in Kralkatorrik at all. His first sphere is unquestionably Crystal as that’s what he is – the Elder Crystal Dragon. Just like Zhaitan is the Elder Death Dragon, Jomrag is the Elder Ice Dragon, etc. etc. But as seen through Glint and the Dragonbrand (specifically the Brandstorm), Kralkatorrik also has a tie to sky. Sun, wind, and lightning are his second domain, which holds no connection to crystal at all.

Kralkatorrik actually corrupts in this domain – he used sun (fiery breath) most directly, but also lightning as well. He turned into a sandstrom which is a mixture of crystal and wind.

And I don’t think we can connect the DSD to anything. His only tie to water is that he’s surrounded by it and makes minions out of it. But unless his minions are like Mordremoth and Primordus – grown from corruption and not corrupted beings – then his creation of minions out of water is like Kralkatorrik’s creation of minions out of the landscape (Branded Earth Elementals as they’re called in-game, sadly lacking any branded appearance to this day).

@thunderfall&Fenom: Do dragons even have souls?

We’ve yet to see a sylvari soul, either.

@BuddhaKeks: Actually, titans don’t have a “come from” location. The Foundry of Failed Creations was just where The Fury made the titans seen in GW1’s time. But The Fury was the source, not the location, and The Fury was most likely not the only one who knew how to make titans, being a servant of Dhuum.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

@thunderfall&Fenom: Do dragons even have souls?

We’ve yet to see a sylvari soul, either.

Probably not. Although it all depends on how exactly souls and the Mists interact, but for the most part we know that the Mursaat were able to phase out of reality into the Mists to hide from the Elder Dragons and the only time we see any ED activity in the Mists is Jormag and that is via the Sons of Svanir. So it does give the impression that Elder Dragons are largely of the physical world, but if this means they have a soul or not… well who knows. We know minds in GW universe are magic, what a soul is, is is separate from the mind, where they come from, who knows?

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

We know souls in GWverse are magic. They can be consumed (such as by demons) and used as a energy source.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

We know souls in GWverse are magic. They can be consumed (such as by demons) and used as a energy source.

So would soul and spirit then be interchangeable?

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

So the question is, do dragons even have souls? If they have souls, do they go to the mists after the dragon died?

I thought Elder Dragons couldn’t die? Considering they’re a part of Tyria’s magic renewal cycle. Sure it seems we killed Zhaitan but all the devs have said so far is that he is not coming back. I think that’s their way of saying we won’t be actively fighting through Zhaitan’s domain again, but not going against how Elder Dragons cannot die. Correct me if I’m wrong but this has been the idea I always had and research I did about the Elder Dragons.

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Cure: Uh… yes. Soul and spirit are the same thing in everything.

@Eragamer:Actually, devs have stated that Zhaitan is dead.

Dear ANet writers,

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

If we have mind domain, and maybe a soul domain, just going off of theme, would there be a body domain as well (body, mind, and soul)…who would own that ?(body, mind, and soul)

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

So the question is, do dragons even have souls? If they have souls, do they go to the mists after the dragon died?

I thought Elder Dragons couldn’t die? Considering they’re a part of Tyria’s magic renewal cycle. Sure it seems we killed Zhaitan but all the devs have said so far is that he is not coming back. I think that’s their way of saying we won’t be actively fighting through Zhaitan’s domain again, but not going against how Elder Dragons cannot die. Correct me if I’m wrong but this has been the idea I always had and research I did about the Elder Dragons.

Nothing has indicated that the Elder Dragons can not die. Well, except for the fact that it was at one point mentioned by Anet that the Order of Whispers (if I remember correctly) believed that the Elder Dragons could not be killed, only put back to sleep. However, this plays no role in the game itself (is it even mentioned anywhere in-game?) and no lore that we know of backs up that belief. In fact, as Konig points out, devs have stated that Zhaitan is gone for realsies.

Edit: What is mentioned in-game however is how the dragons play an important role as regulators of magic. That might be what you are remembering. However, it is also mentioned that without such regulation magic would run wild and cause serious problems (implying that the absence of such regulation is a possibility).

(edited by Diovid.9506)

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Mushroomz.4280

Mushroomz.4280

Souls are a mists related item… there’s also ghosts… it’s all really wacky. There seems to be a ton of discontinuity on the subject, making it very hard to determine how they fit in. Spirit Vale and the death of Marjory’s sister revived this subject that I was sort of hoping they’d discard. I feel like with the modern understanding of magic, ghosts and what not just don’t really fit in… and yet they’re there.

Souls are supposed to pass on the mists, but living creatures can also go to the mists. I’ve always pondered whether or not things like demons, spawn from ‘bad’ souls. I don’t know, I think the whole concept was super confusing in Guild Wars 1, and Guild Wars 2 has not shed any light on the matter really.

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Ghosts are just souls/spirits that reside in Tyria, largely.

The three terms have always been effectively interchangeable, ghosts literally being souls/spirits that have remained in the mortal world.

There’s no discontinuity on this subject that I’ve seen so far. Belinda certainly never added any such stuff.

Demons spawn from the protomatter of the Mists itself – like the Fractals and PvP arena landscapes and, largely, NPCs.

“Bad souls” can become Nightmares, which are things like Shades, Aatxes, and the Shadow Behemoth.

I don’t get what you find so confusing… if you were to elaborate on what you find confusing, perhaps someone can illuminate.

Dear ANet writers,

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

CureForLiving.5360

@Cure: Uh… yes. Soul and spirit are the same thing in everything.

You and I clearly did not go to the same Church it seems :P
I was taught something more along the lines of http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/soul_spirit.php (I’m not saying I believe, just that no spirit and soul are not the same in everything).

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m going to stray from certain religious views to state that, in large, and per dictionaries, souls and spirits are no different. People tend to use soul in reference to pre-death, spirit for post-death, and ghosts for post-death when the spirit remains in mortal realms. On occasion, soul is used to refer to one’s kindness (akin to someone having heart, etc.). But that’s just a case of a word having multiple meanings and doesn’t change how they’re the same thing (and from what little I read there, that site is using that ‘on occasion’ situation). But spirit is also, on occasion, used in such meanings.

Resulting in, once again, being the same thing. Just a change of context.

Dear ANet writers,

Soul Dragon?

in Lore

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

Well I think Anet has something plan or could add a new End Game HUGE World mother of all Raid on does lines with the Infinite Coil Reactor…but man… a combination of dragons would be a horrifying thing… not to mention what corruption it could bring!

IF they add something like this it had to be a simultaneous world event every where I mean the size alone with all that power would actually show on map distance away! We need our gliders, flying and who knows what else to even reach or attack one of its heads! I honestly don’t think Anet can pull that of now but it be a good theme for the new Living world, an worthy enemy to remember! I think Chaos Dragon would describe better than Soul Dragon…just saying…

Attachments:

(edited by Ngeluz.4860)